Status: Active

Glass Hearts

Awe, Babe

I searched through my drawers until I found my all white floral laced bikini. I slipped a pair of blue jean short over my bottoms and pulled on an over sized Paramore tank top. I walked into my bathroom and threw my hair up into a messy bun before washing my face and brushing my teeth.
I sighed at my reflection pulling at my baggy tired eyes. I could sleep forever and still have bags under my eyes. "Stop. You look beautiful." I heard from behind me.
"You ready to go?" I asked turning around to see Austin in a pair of board shorts and an Amity Affliction shirt cut into a tank top.
"I've just been waiting on you," he said smiling as he looked me up and down. "You look great."
"Thank you." I blushed and followed him out to the living room and slipped on a pair of pink flipflops. I hooked a leash on Lola and walked out of the door. "There's a cute little dog beach down the road we can walk to."
"Sounds good," Austin said taking the leash from me so I could lock my front door.
I tried to take the leash back from Austin but he switched it to his other hand and laced his fingers with mine instead. I smiled and looked down at our hands as we began walking towards the beach.
I couldn't help but notice how affectionate Austin has been towards me since he got back. Did he like me? There's no way. He told me he didn't want to be in a relationship. I would kill to be in a relationship with him. He's such a gentlemen and the sweetest guy I've ever met. Ugh. Stop Autumn. You don't have a chance in hell.
"Want to stop and get something to eat really quick?" Austin asked tearing me away from my thoughts.
I nodded. "Yeah there's a little bagel shop up here."
I lead the way to the small bagel shop and walked inside. "Lola!" Pete screamed from behind the counter, running over to us. He leaned down and scratched Lola, letting her leave puppy kisses all over his face.
"Well hello to you too, Pete." I giggled and he stood back up bringing me into a hug.
"How have you been girl?" He asked. "You haven't been coming around lately!"
"Yeah I know," I sighed. "I've been really fucking busy. I had to work two weeks straight. This is actually the first weekend I've had off in three weeks. It's vacation season so everyone needs to get their hair did."
"Well I'm happy to see you now," he said hugging me again, tighter this time.
I looked over and saw Austin standing awkwardly staring down at Lola. He looked kind of pissed? "I am so sorry! I'm so rude! Austin this is friend Pete, Pete this is my friend Austin."
"Nice to meet you dude," Pete said shaking Austin's hand. "You getting the usual?"
"Yup," I said smiling.
"Okay so one iced Carmel latte and a chicken salad on a croissant for the lady. And what will you be having Austin?"
"Uhm..." Austin said squinting up at the menu. "I'll just have the same."
We got our food and I said my goodbye to Pete and walked outside. I took the leash from Austin and tied it around the leg of my chair before taking a seat at one of the outside table.
"That guy wants you so bad," Austin said taking a sip of his drink.
"No he does no," I replied rolling my eyes.
"He was looking you up and down and his mouth was basically watering!! Besides, he couldn't keep his hands off of you. A little touchy feely for ya."
"Oh my god, Austin," I laughed taking a bite of my food.
"Just saying..." he mumbled eating his food as well.

------

"Ready?" I asked throwing my food in the trash.
"Yes ma'am,"
I untied the leash from my chair and began walking towards the beach again. Austin reached for my hand and laced his fingers in mine again. "And Pete was a little touchy feely?" I said jokingly.
"Fine," Austin said pulling his hand away.
"No!" I yelled trying to reach for his hand, but he had lifted it up over his head. I jumped up trying to grab his arm but failed. He laughed at my lame attempt to jump high enough, making me pout like a five year old. "You suck."
"Awe is the shorty upset?"
"Hey!" I yelled. "I am not short. I am the average height of 5'4". You're just a fucking giant."
"Shorty." He took my hand in his again and kissed my cheek.
I pulled my hand away and pouted all the way down to the beach. "Awe babe, I was just kidding. You're perfect height."
I blushed bright red. Did he just call me babe. "Hold the leash, asshole."
He laughed and took the leash from my hand. I undid my shorts and slipped my tank top over my head and shoved them into my beach bag.
I felt eyes watching me and I turned around to see austin gawking at me. "Holy shit. Will you marry me?"
"Shut the fuck up, perv," I said setting my bag down and taking the leash from him again.
Lola barked as I ran towards the water with her. She splashed into the water yanking me and caused me to fall down. "Holy shit it's fucking cold," I yelled coming back up from the crashing waves.
Austin was still standing at the shore doubled over in laughter. "You... you just let your dog own you."
"Shut up and get in" I growled splashing water at him.
He pulled his shirt over his head and threw it next to my bag before running into the water. I took the leash off of Lola and threw it to the shore and he began splashing around with her causing me to laugh. He looked like such a child. A very large child. I ducked my head under the water and began swimming out. Enjoying the cold water over my warm skin. I could live in the ocean.
I opened my eyes under the water and swam over to Austin, biting his leg. I heard him shriek as I came up from the water, choking as I died laughing.
"That wasn't funny," he yelled holding his chest.
"It kind of was," I giggled wrapping my arms around his waist. "I'm sorry."
"I guess I can forgive you," he mumbled kissing my forehead.

------

We began to feel the tiring effect of the sun and swimming and decided to head back to my house. I grabbed my bag from the shore and hooked Lola back up to her leash.
"I had a really great time today," Austin said smiling down at me.
"Me too. We should go surfing tomorrow."
"I would love to but I have to be in the studio tomorrow." He frowned and laced his fingers with mine. "We will definitely have to go surfing together some time though. I kind of suck at it though."
"Don't worry. I'll teach you the ways of the ocean," I reassured him, giggling.
We got to my house and I unlocked my door, letting Lola off her leash. "I'm really sad to say, but I need to get back to my apartment. I have to unpack and I could use a shower."
"Okay," I said hiding my frown. I never wanted him to leave.
"I'll text you as soon as I get home," he said giving me a hug and kissing the top of my head. He took his duffle bag from beside the door and headed out to his car. I waved as he backed out of the driveway and went back inside, letting out a sigh. I shouldn't feel this way.
I searched through my bag until I found my phone and quickly unlocked it and found Jamie's name.

Me:
I just want to scream and maybe cry right now

I walked to my room and pulled out a pair of sweatpants and an oversized shirt before heading to the bathroom to wash the beach off of my body.
I stepped out into the steamy bathroom and wrapped a towel around my body, taking a seat on the closed toilet.

Jamie:
What's wrong love?

Me:
I'm falling really hard for Austin. Ugh. What do I do? I don't have a chance in hell with him!!

Austin:
Hey love (kiss omoji)

Me:
Hey (poop emoji)

Me to Jamie:
Dude, I just sent him a poop.

I shook my head at my stupidity and set my phone down so I could get dressed. I combed through my hair, trying not to rip it out. The beach always made it so snarly.
I took one last look at myself before walking out to the living room. I turned on the tv and began mindlessly flipping through the channels, not even paying a bit of attention. I couldn't get Austin out of my head.
♠ ♠ ♠
Feedback please!!