Status: NEW PROFILE - SAME STORY.

Dreaming a Dream

Chapter 26

"Matt?" She asked slowly , "What's wrong?"

"T-they're go-gonna kill you.." my eyes was bloodshut , anger and hurt betrayed my face.

"Who?"

"The...." I was about to tell her who was responsible for me shaking like leaf.

The cause of my anger cut me off when I heard the terrible sound of a gun being loaded.

It all happened in slow-mo : I turn around , my eyes wide and fearful. I shouted for them to stop but it was too late.

The bullet reached Kari's forehead and killed her instantly.

I saw the blood dripping out of her , I never once thought a person so tiny could have that much blood.

My gun was already loaded and I shot dead the person responsible.

"Kari!" I screamed running over to her cradling her body. "N-no" I sobbed , "n-no you can't... this can't happen. Baby , wake up"

She never did.

After a while of me sitting on the pavement cradling the love of my life's body I called in Brian.

He arrived a few minutes later and dropped to his knees once he found us.

"Fuck!" a scream ; a shout ; and few curse words later , he placed Kari in the back of the car and let me sit with her.

"I'm going to kill those fucking bastards!" Zack screamed as soon as we arrived at the manor.

Johnny's jaw was clenched , but Jimmy was silently crying. I wanted to hit something - kill someone but also , I wanted to stay with her and magically bring her back to life.

Kari can't be dead - she didn't deserve this.

She didn't deserve to lose her life because I decided to fucking join the fucking Mob.

"We're going to beat the lives out of the motherfuckers Shads" Joel Madden said once Good Charlotte ; Atreyu ; Slipknot and Bullet returned to Avenged's mansion.

"I want them all dead" my voice was filled with hatred, I was angry - beyond angry and i couldn't wait to watch those fucking Russians all lose their lives exactly like my Kari lost hers.

"I-I'm sorry man... it's hard" Tuck said , his face remorseful and sad.

"I don't care how fucking hard it is , I want those cunts who killed my wife dead and I fucking want it now! We'll find those motherfucking Russians and I will personally watch them blowing out their fucking last breath!"

He nodded and we all went back to work.

Hours after hours we got enough research , and motive [although we already had enough motive] to kill the Russians.

I quickly called the head boss of the Mob to get permission , and I know for a fucking fact that if he says no , I will still kill the fucking cunts of Bratva.

"Shadows? What can I do for you?"

I filled him in on everything I knew.

I heard silence on the other end and then a curse word ; "I'm coming over to your mansion. I will personally help you kill everyone that had a piece of Kari's murder!"

Jose reached my mansion in no time and after security clearance he reached the house and started making calls to higher ranks.

"Shads" he said once he ended his call , "I know where they are"

So we all flew out to Russia , and reached to Mafia's world in no time. The head boss and all the fuckers who have a piece in killing Kari was situated in St Petersburg.

The rest was in Moscow and Chelyabinsk.

We split up - hundred guys went to Moscow ; another hundred to Chelyabinsk and then Zack ; me ; Slipknot and Atreyu along with backup went to St Petersburg.

Jose and his team shotgunned for the head boss ; Semion Mogilevich.

Gunshots ; blood ; bombs ; knives ; grenades and a lot of screaming ; threatening and warning was all I heard for the next 72 hours.

In the end we got them all - well.. all meaning everyone responsible for the murder of Kari and now , while we were all flying back home - I could finally mourn my Kari.

Once I reached the mansion , I told the guys I was going to bed. They were all angry and heartbroken like me but they understood and told me they were going to close the case and then go to bed as well.

I reached my room , it was dark and cold.
The photos on the walls was the only things I still , beside memories ; have left of Kari.

I grabbed a piece of clothing out of her wardrobe and hugged it tightly. I laid down on her side of the bed , her pillow smelling exactly like her.

The tears came out fast and I cried myself to sleep.

I was tossing and turning the whole night through , and when I finally woke up I couldn't believe my eyes.

It was all a fucking dream.