Status: NEW PROFILE - SAME STORY.

Dreaming a Dream

Chapter 29

So what do you say?

When the one person you care about the most gets carried away on a stretcher?

So what do you do?

When the paramedics practically sprint past you in hopes to get to the hospital sooner ... to save the one person you love more than anything in this world?

How did this happen?

How did it become like this?

How do we stop the pain , the trauma and the tears?

When do we get back the joy , the laughter and the happiness?

The events of earlier still plays in my head

[earlier]

"I'm going to the bathroom" Kari announced , giving me a kiss on the cheek. Brian was still insulting Tanya and Zacky but he was ready to pass out from the alcohol.

I , however , decided to stay at least tipsy. Only had like 3 beers the entire night. I'm gonna get lucky tonight , cause Kari was happily surprised.

The bar was quiet - only a few people were here and the chatter was soft. Not like any other night.

A car screeched outside and since we were sat next to the windows , we could hear the doors being shut loudly. Then another car came to a halt.

I shook my head at people that treated cars badly but refrained from giving them dirty looks.

The door opened loudly and it wouldn't have been so suspicious if the smirk on Tanya's face didn't turn evil.

"Get down!" Jimmy , who surprisingly sobered up , screamed.

I furrowed my eyebrows but then saw the man holding a gun ready to fire.

we ducked and he shot up in the air. People started screaming and ready to run out but he stopped us all.

I froze when I heard what he had to say :

"Where is Tanya Waldorf?"

"Tanya?" Brian whispered , "why does he want you?"

"He's my friend" she smirked , "and he's going to kill you"

Before any of us could reply to that fucked up answer , she was already making her way to the man.

"Remember when you called me a whore? a bitch? a slut? Remember when you told me you didn't love me anymore? Remember when you called me fat? Remember when you told me you cheated on me? Well , here's my payback Brian. You are the biggest dick ever and I called Ludwig here to make sure you never forget that"

"W-what?"

"Any last words Synyster Gates?"

Then he began shooting but everytime he missed Brian. He was shooting randomly , and injured a few people including Brian when the bullet grazed his arm.

I shot back , as well as Johnny ; Jimmy and Zack.

Ludwig was shot dead by Zack's gun

But we were still struggling with his accomplices.

"Tanya? What did you do?" Zacky screamed out as the gunshots continued through the building.

"I trusted him , he betrayed me" was all she said as she watched with a blank expression how they tormented Johnny's Bar.

"So you hired hitmen to kill everyone in the fucking bar?" I screamed out

"Matt!" I heard Kari screaming. the guys' head shot up and the anger was replaced with panic

"Kari? Where are you?"

"Matt help me!" and then I heard another gun shot , and then it stopped. It was dead quiet. Lots and lots of people was shot in that bar today

But only one stood out

and this time , she really was shot

***

[Present]

"Mr Sanders , I am sorry , I know you'd much rather want to be with your wife but will you please tell me what happened?" a police officer asked.

Since it wasn't illegal for us to own guns and since Jose practically owns the police we weren't suspects. The mob never was illegal.

"My wife went to the bathroom , and probably 10 minutes later I heard cars pull up. I didn't think anything about it. Most people are drunk so I figured that's why the car came to such an abrupt stop. But then my friend called out to duck and that's when I say a man with a gun ready to shoot. My wife's best friend , Tanya , was called out by the man and then she said when we asked what's going on that this was revenge on my friend , Brian Haner. Shots was being fired and I was happy that Kari , my wife , was in the bathroom but then I heard her scream and then she was shot"

"Thank you , Mr Sanders. You and your friends protected most of these people. No-one died , except the man shooting. Ludwig Von Der Berg. Does it ring a bell?"

"Never heard of him. But apparently does Tanya Waldorf know him."

"Yes , she's in for questioning. Thank you again , and good luck. I know your wife will pull through"

"She has to , officer. I don't think I can live without her"

"Good luck"

He walked away and once we all finished giving statements , we drove off to the hospital.

"I-I need to see Karina Sanders , where is she?"

The nurse checked , and then smiled sadly. "Sir she's still in surgery. But you can wait in the waiting room alright?"

"T-Thanks"

I sat down and for the first time that night I let my emotions get the best of me.

I cried , and cried and cried until Jimmy told me the doctor was here.

"Mr Sanders?"

I sprung to my feet. "y-yeah.. I-is my wife... is she okay?'

"Mr Sanders , the bullet hit your wife's chest. It's a miracle that it didn't graze the heart but your wife lost a lot of blood and has internal bleeding. We're keeping her monitored , she's not out of harm's way but we believe that she will more likely survive than die"

"C-can I see her?'

"She's in recovery now sir. But I will come get you as soon as possible"

"Thanks" I whispered , burying my face in my head.

"Matt!" I heard Brian's voice. He emerged from the doctor's surgery with a bandage covering his arm.

"How is she?"

"Not good" I whispered , "doc says she'll be fine though. But she lost blood"

"What was Tanya thinking?" Jimmy blurted out , his face giving away his anger.

"I don't know. Do you think this Ludwig person is part of the Russians? Do you think Tanya betrayed us?"

"I don't think Tanya will hurt Kari. But we'll look into it. Jose is already at the mansion with every gang needed. We'll come to a conclusion of this , and the Russians wanting to kill Kari."

"You should call your folks man" Johnny said.

I nodded , "yeah fuck , I probably should."

I took out my cellphone and walked away , dialing my mom's number.

"Hi Matt. It's late , what's up?"

"Mom?" I sobbed again , "Kari's shot.. It doesn't look good"

"What? Good God .. When did this happen?"

"Earlier. Sh-she lost a lot of blood... You sh-should come here"

"Yes Matt. We're on our way."

So what do you say?

How did we get here?

How did we become so terrified?

How do we get past this?

She cannot die.

I can't lose her

I won't survive , and that's her fault.

She made me love her , with those beautiful eyes , hair and smile.

That gorgeous personality , and her big , lovable , heart.

She made me let her in , she made me love the world again.

She cannot die. She will not die.