Status: NEW PROFILE - SAME STORY.

Dreaming a Dream

Chapter 30

Hours passed since I've heard anything. No doctor or nurse has updated me so far on Kari and I was beginning to get really impatient.

I've never been known as a patient man , but decided - for Kari - to at least try and be civil but this was getting ridiculous and I just broke my promise.

Before I could even start screaming and punching things like I normally do , the doctor came out with a tired and somber look on his face.

"Mr Sanders? I apologize for the wait. Your wife still suffers from internal bleeding and we would like your consent to operate on her again. Our first surgery did not stop the bleeding."

"B-but I thought you said she was stable? That she'll make it?"

"Mr Sanders , your wife will die if we don't stop the internal bleeding"

"Let them do it Matt" Brian said , putting a hand on my shoulder.

My parents have yet to arrive. My mom called me earlier and said that they'd be here in about an hour.

"She's so small ,can she handle another surgery?"

"Yes sir." the doctor replied , "she's a strong fighter. Her body is strong - he won't let her down"

"Okay. Do it"

The doctor nodded

"You can come see your wife for a while. Only until we prep her for the next surgery"

"C-... Will she hear me?"

"Yes Mr Sanders. It's common for people in induced comas to hear when one is speaking."

The doctors had to put Kari in a coma to stop the pain , at least until she wakes up.

I didn't like it - still don't - but the nurse reassured me that it's the best thing for Kari.

I walked into the room , my heart breaking with every step I go.

I sat down on the chair next to her bed and gawked at the broken body of my Kari.

I took her hands in mine , and with tears brought it up to lips , pecking it tenderly.

"Kar... baby.. Oh my God I'm so sorry for this. I wish.... fuck.. I wish I was the one shot. God , I wish you never had to go to the fucking bathroom and I wish your best friend wasn't such a traitor. Baby , at least we shot the man dead... that did this to you. You have to be okay Kari... I can't lose you. I can't... Baby you need to wake up now okay? Wake up for me"

"Matt?" I spun around meeting the owner of the voice
It was my mom.

"Oh good Lord look at her..." she whispered. I stood up so my mom could sit. Something Kari would be proud of.

"What does the doctor say?"

"They're cutting her open again. There's internal bleeding."

"She will survive this. This is Kari - she's survived her parents' death - her brother's death and kidnapping. She will survive this."

I sigh and thought to myself 'don't forget her idiotic , asshole-ish dick of a husband who cheated'

Hours passed , my mom has since left the room but I stayed. My eyes glued to Kari , hoping for a small unlikely chance of her waking up or healing on her own.

"Sir? a nurse said , "it's time"

I frowned but stood up , "take care of her okay?" I whispered. She gave me a sad smile.

"Dr Edgar is an miracle worker. She's in good hands sir."

I nodded and gave Kari one last kiss before walking out.

"She's a fighter Matt. don't forget that" Zack told me. I nodded and sat back down on a chair.

"Listen man , I know it's the last of your worries. But we need to start talking about Tanya , the Russians and whether or not Ludwig was part of it"

I nodded , "just let me get through this surgery. Jose will understand."

Johnny nodded and it all fell silent.

We were all quiet , waiting for someone to tell the lot on Kari.
♠ ♠ ♠
I know it's short... I apologize :)*

I had stuff to do , although that isn't an excuse.

I will update soon :)

The chapters up until Kari's okay [nooo I won't say when...] will be like this - all filler like but I know you feel for Matty!

Let's hope Kari is okay..

Anyway , what do you guys want me to do with Tanya? Keep her or get rid of her?