Status: NEW PROFILE - SAME STORY.

Dreaming a Dream

Chapter 31

There wasn't a word to describe how I felt at the moment.

My body was literally frozen to the spot I stood.

"What's going on , Matt? What happened?"

"She .... she-she ... was flatlining. I-I... don't know.."

Brian furrowed his eyebrows , "why was she flatlining?"

"I-I don't know!"

The doctors was busy reviving her. I've watched enough Grey's Anatomy with Kari to know that when they shock her back to life , it ain't a good thing but I was praying for a miracle.

One minute I was with Kari , the doc told me that the surgery went great. I was talking to her , asking - begging her to wake up - and then she just.... she just flatlined.

it felt like hours later when the doc finally walked in. He looked tired as hell.

"Mr Sanders?"

"Yeah?"

"we messed up.. I-I messed up. i operated on her left vertebral thinking that it was the source of the bleeding but , I was wrong and that's why she flatlined. The internal bleeding is caused by a rupture in the aorta."

"Wh-what does this mean? Does she need another surgery?"

He nodded his head , "I'm afraid so"

"Isn't there another way?"

"There is , but surgery is the most effective way. If we do this orally she has less chances of survival."

"Okay... uh then I guess you have no other choice but to"

"Alright sir. We're prepping her in 3 hours. She's stable for now. You can go sit with her again"

I sigh and walked back into her room.

"Dammit baby... Stop flatlining... fuck I can't...I can't let you die. You need to pull through okay. Come on please"

I sigh and kissed her forehead , then I let my head rest on her stomach.

"I n-need you to live Kari... I don't know what to do without you. You keep me in check. You make sure I don't drink too much. You make sure I don't smoke too much. I'd probably work the whole day and then play Call Of Duty all night if it wasn't for you. I don't think , without you , I'd clean or eat anything beside takeaways. If it wasn't for you - I'd probably never love anyone and my parents would still hate me. Kari , there's no fucking way I'd be able to live without you so come back to me please."

Still nothing - only the occasional beep from the monitor.

"What do you think I should do with Tanya? I know she didn't mean to hurt you but ... I don't want you to be mad at me so you need to tell me what to do with her okay?"

"Just give me a sign that you can still hear me.. anything... Please give me some hope Kari" I sobbed softly.

But she didn't do anything. No movement except her chest going up and down , up and down.

Tears fell down my face. I frowned deeply and then laid my head back down on her stomach. I stayed there until the doctor told me that it was time.

Hopefully , in this case , 3rd time's the charm.

She needs to wake up after this surgery.