Status: NEW PROFILE - SAME STORY.

Dreaming a Dream

Chapter 33

What's the point in living

if we're all gonna die someday?

What's the point in loving someone

if their just gonna be taken away from you?

What's the point in fighting for justice

if justice never comes?

Kari was still in the hospital. Hasn't even fucking move a finger yet but the doctor told me to be patient. She's not critical anymore , and they stopped the internal bleeding.

It's been 2 weeks since the shooting - I've not heard from the Russians or Tanya.

I'm back at work , although I was heavy reluctant to leave Kari but I have security scanning the area and two guys standing behind her door.

My thoughts was cut off by the shrilling ringtone of my phone. I pressed answer - hoping for good news.

"hello?" I answered not bothering to check who was calling.

"Shads... we have something. You need to come down here to Jose" I heard Brian talking. Swallowing , I nodded and told him I'd be there soon.

I called for Zack and Jimmy and we drove off to Jose's mansion.

"What is it?" I asked as soon as Jose's security let us in.

"Von der Berg is not part of the Bratva" Benji Madden started , "he's a known enemy. Has been for years. He's also a Russian , and tried to become part of the brotherhood a few years back. The Bratva shunted him when he killed a girl affiliated with them. He's been seeking revenge on every mob in the world."

"Why did he kill Bratva's girl?"

"This is where things get interesting." Brian said and nodded at Benji to continue

"Her name was Viktoriya Heilin. She was Roman Tsepov's girl Matt. She was beautiful , funny , blonde and she was also the only girlfriend. The rest was whores."

"So?"

"Matt don't you see? She was Kari. The Bratva loved her , and then when Von Der Berg killed her they did everything in their power to track him down. But he disappeared and has not been seen once again until now"

"So what are you saying Ben? The Russians are on our side?"

"That's exactly what I'm saying man. When they found out Von Der Berg was shot dead by Zack , they tried to make contact with us. We're gonna contact them in an hour's time."

"How sure are you that they're not bullshitting us?"

"Positive. I have proof that it wasn't them who gave us the encrypted email. It was Von Der Berg and his little technicians."

"What's your proof?"

"I traced the I.P address of the email. It came back to a Carl Dickenson. I did some research , and he's one of Von Der Berg's."

"Von Der Berg's dead now , so what does the Russians want now?"

"That's what we're finding out when we video call the Russians"

"Have any of you heard from Tanya?" Jose asked

"No. I have security at the hospital. I don't want her seeing Kari"

"What are you going to do about her Shads?"

"I'm waiting for Kari to wake up. It's her decision"

"Man that's punishing Kari. Her heart is too good , and Tanya's her best friend" Alex told me

"I know that. I just... I can't have her be mad at me. I want to torture and kill Tanya , but if it's a risk losing Kari , I won't"

"You can always hand her off to us man" Cory Taylor said indicating with his arm to the rest of the gangs , "we'll be all too happy to kill her. Then Kar won't be mad at you"

I smirked , "that sounds actually really good"

They laughed , "what's your opinion Gates? She was yours.."

"Don't forget about Zacky man" Johnny told Alex , "they were almost a couple"

"Tanya is dead to me" Brian said , "I may have been an ass towards her but she almost killed my best friend. She's absolutely nothing to me"

Zack nodded , "i agree. If Kari didn't survive this , I would have personally killed Tanya. Actually I still would"

"Incoming call , sir Vengeance" a man called out. Zacky gave the okay and then filled it up on the big screen.

I recognised the man - it was the second in charge - like Brian was to me - of the Bratva

"Ah! Gentleman" he said smiling slightly , "I so sorry about Karina , yeah"

"Von Der Berg's dead Mikhailov. What do you want now?" I asked

"You see Von Der Berg was a predatel' . He killed Viktoriya. When we found out it was him , he disappeared. We haven't seen him until he vystrel Karina. We did some issledovaniya on him and he's working for Boris Goldberg. Our biggest vrag."

"Do you want to work together? Is that why you called?"

"Da , ser" he nodded , "we want to catch Goldberg and we want to teach him a lesson. Von Der Berg is finally dead , but we want all our enemies dead. And believe me when I tell you Shadows , the American Mob has never been an enemy of ours. We've always respected you - especially your gang Shadows and we will help you catch everyone that had a part in the shooting."

"Do you know a Tanya Waldorf?" I asked

"Net. Who is she?"

"She hired Von der Berg to shoot Gates. That's why Kari was shot. I think she might be working for Goldberg - or she knows about him."

"Von Der Berg was a torpedo. She must have done her research. I don't think Goldberg hired women"

I nodded , "is Goldberg still in Russia?"

"He's stationed in Moscow. But he has minions in St Petersburg and Murino. Also in America."

"Where in America?"

"Where you are - California."

"Fucking excellent" I grinned , "thanks for your help Mikhailov."

"Da ; da. We'll keep in touch Shadows. We'll find this man and we'll kill him"

"I don't care who of us kills his gang Mikhailov , as long as we get Heilin's killer and the person responsible for shooting Kari"

"I agree. Talk to you later"

The call was disconnected

"So what? We're helping the Russians?"

"We're fucking helping the Russians." I nodded smirking , "Goldberg will rue the day"

"Where do you think Tanya fits in?'

My smirk fell , "Kari will get over the fact that we tortured Tanya for information"

"I like what you're saying Shads. Besides , we'll tell Kari it was us"

I nodded , things were looking more positive than an hour ago.

And to make things even better , Kari just has to wake up.
♠ ♠ ♠
Comments???

Russian words used in this chapter :

1) Torpedo = contract killer
2) Net = No
3) Da , ser - Yes sir
4) Vrag = enemy
5) Predatel = traitor
6) Vystrel = Shot
7) Issledonvaniya = research