Status: NEW PROFILE - SAME STORY.

Dreaming a Dream

Chapter 35

I grinned as I walked into the hospital again feeling the weight leave my shoulders.

Kari forced me to sleep at the house and although I rather wanted to stay at the hospital she told me that I had to get in a good night's sleep since I looked and smelled like shit.

Love you too babe.

"Hey beautiful" I grinned , opening the door to her private room. She smiled at me , her eyes droopy indicating that she had just woke up.

"Hey. I'm going home in 9 hours baby"

I laughed and kissed her , "I know. I'm so excited to have you back at home. I'll lay of work for a couple of days so we can watch movies and cuddle. I can't wait to cuddle you"

She laughed , "just cuddle?"

"Hmm... I'm sexually frustrated. I haven't even been thinking of using my hand."

"Then you really had to be stressed" she joked making me scowl.

"Have you heard anything about... Tanya?"

I swallowed , "no.. Atreyu told me they'd keep in the loop if something changes"

"I don't want her to die Matt. No matter what she did , she had to have reason. I don't want her to die"

"I promise she won't" I lied , not knowing exactly what the gangs meant when they said they'll take care of it.

"Don't lie to me Matt" I groaned inwardly , I forgot how well she knows me.

"I'll see to it okay? But for now , she's the least of concerns. I really want you home."

"Almost babe. Almost"

Smiling I kissed her lips again. "I'm gonna spoil you rotten"

She giggled , "as long as we watch movies with popcorn and chocolates"

"Don't forget about milkshakes babe. I know you love your milkshakes"

Kari laughed and kissed my cheek. "Babe I know you're just gonna deny it but have you slept at all?"

"No" I admitted , "I worked my ass off and stayed up at night worrying about you. I even put security here so you'll be okay and save"

"Then the first thing you're doing once we get home is sleep."

"Deal" I nodded and kissed her again happy to have her awake.

I was afraid that she wouldn't wake up. There's no way in hell I'd be able to live without her in my life.

"Where's the guys?" she asked after a while of us chatting about unimportant things and just enjoying being together again.

"They're coming by in a bit. I wanted you for myself for a little while. I doubt I'd have you all to myself once we go back home"

"You have dark circles around your eyes" she said sadly. She frowned and rubbed her thumb over my eyes.

"Babe stop worrying. I'll be fine! Plus , you're the one in the hospital. You shouldn't be worried about anything"

She smiled , "you can't stop me from worrying about you Matty. I'll always worry about you. Someone should since you never worry about yourself"