Status: NEW PROFILE - SAME STORY.

Dreaming a Dream

Chapter 37

Loud giggles erupted in the room as Kari and Johnny sat in the living room playing Call Of Duty. It's been a week since Kari got back from the hospital and she couldn't be more bored.

"Ahhhh! How can you win?" she exclaimed as Johnny scored a few more 100 points than her.

"How could you lose? You're married to COD's most obsessed man ever!'

Kari pouted making me laugh. They both turned around to look.

"Did you lose again baby girl?" I asked kissing her on the cheek

"What do you mean by again?" she sneered , narrowing her eyes at me

I raised my hands in surrender and kissed her lips , "you didn't lose babe. Johnny cheated"

"Hey!" he exclaimed making Kari laugh again.

I smiled seeing her so happy and I knew in some time today she was going to ask me how the talk with Tanya went and I really don't want to tell her yet.

"Okay , well since I'm not loved anymore , I'mma get myself a sandwich" Johnny muttered kissing Kari's cheek and then walked out of the room.

"Tell me what happened with Tanya" she said softly , sitting down on the love chair I was on.

I groaned and kissed her forehead

"She wants to see you"

"I guess you're not keen on the visit?"

"No."

"Matt , let me see her. I'll go down there with you"

"Baby it will kill you to see her that way"

"I don't care , I'll get over it. Just let me see her. i wanna say goodbye because God knows what Atreyu will do to her"

"Fine. I'll take you down there tomorrow"

"Okay" she kissed my lips , "what do you wanna do today?"

"Let's go take a walk around the complex" I said kissing her lips softly.

"Okay"

I picked her up and then picked myself up with her still in my arms.

"Babe , I can walk"

"I don't want you to"

'Matty"

"Fine" I said letting her go. She grabbed my hand and kissed the palm. I smiled at her

We went around the complex of our mansion , talking about unimportant things , just having fun.

"I'll protect you for the rest of my life baby. I'm so sorry I failed that promise before"

She stopped and turned me around bringing my face closer to hers

"I'll personally kill you if you ever say that again. Matty your whole life you've made sure I was safe. You have not failed that promise"

"It feels as though I have. You were shot - you almost died!"

"But I'm okay. I'm fine"

"What if something else happens and I can't protect you? What if you die?"

"I told you I'm not going anywhere Matt. Stop being negative and let's be happy okay!"

"Okay" I said and kissed her mouth forgetting about everything and just savoring up her kisses , unaware of the trouble coming our way