Status: NEW PROFILE - SAME STORY.

Dreaming a Dream

Chapter 4

It was a silent day in the house , Kari was back at work and Tanya was job hunting. Johnny , Jimmy and Zacky was out of the house at a common mob visitor’s house and Matt and Brian was in Matt’s office trying to work on a case.
Trying to.
Matt’s head was not in the least in his work , but at his relationship problems with Kari. She had only talked to him once asking him if it was alright with him if she started working at the art firma , and having her own gallery.
He was so happy that she wanted to tell him about her future plans , it meant there was still hope for them and he also said he thought it was a great idea since he knows she hates being a teacher.
But , she still wasn’t anywhere happy with him when they talked , she only told him about her plans and when it was over , she walked out without a word.
His heart broke at the distance between them and he could only blame himself. He had tried to lengthen the conversation between them but with no use.
She was still pissed , and it looked like Tanya was wrong and Matt feared that she might file for divorce.
“Matt? Are you listening man?” Brian asked , watching his best friend staring at the picture of Kari on his desk.
“Hm , sorry man my head isn’t here”
“Go talk to her Matt. Neither of you can go on like this”
“She-she doesn’t want to. Bri I think she’s done man.” Tears formed in Matt’s eyes but he pushed it away before Brian could see what a wimp he is.
“No. You better not give up so quickly , she’s dealing with it. Things will get better.”
“I just wish she could yell at me , slap me , or do something but this silent treatment is killing me”
“I’m sorry Matt. Maybe I can talk to her?”
“She’ll think I send you or something. No—“
“Matt I’ll tell her you didn’t. But you can’t go on like this.”
“Thanks. Now , i need to get my head in this case. Who gave you the proof that Fernando stole?”

*****************
Karina was sat outside when she was cornered by a concerned Brian.
“Hey pretty girl”
Kari , with tears in her eyes smiled a sad smile and greeted him.
“Come on Kar” he sat down next to her at the pool , “you’re miserable. Matt’s miserable. Just forgive him please”
“I’m scared Bri” she admitted , “I’m ready to forgive him but I’m so scared.”
“Of what? That he’d cheat again?”
She nodded , “that and that I’m not good enough for him. He cheated after one fight maybe that was a way out for him?”
“Karina. I love you but you’re talking a bunch of shit and you know it. Matt wouldn’t have been this miserable , a walking zombie if he wanted to cheat. It just happened – he loves you more than life itself. His biggest fear since you met was hurting you and now he regrets it very much.”
“You’re right I just.... I think , I think I need to talk to him. Hear his side of the story and then think whether I want to forgive him or not”
“He’s scared of a divorce Kar. He thinks you want to so you need to talk to him quickly”
“I will. I don’t think I’ll ever have the heart to divorce Matt Sanders”