Status: NEW PROFILE - SAME STORY.

Dreaming a Dream

Chapter 39

"You ready to go baby?" Matt asked me as I was tying up my shoes. I was wearing a blue summer dress with Tommy sneakers.

"Yeah" I nodded sending him a smile.

"Are you sure you're ready?" he asked me again , frowning deeply.

"Yes baby I'm fine. You're there , and if things get out of hand I'll leave"

"Okay" he nodded , "let's go"

I hopped on his back making him chuckle and walk back to the car parked in the garage of the mansion.

Once we reached Atreyu's mansion , I hopped out when Matt stopped the car looking for a parking.

"Karina!" he yelled making me giggle and walk to the front door of the mansion.

I knocked on the door and waited for an answer.

The door swung open and I smiled when I saw the tattooed man.

"hey baby girl" he said softly

"hey Alex. Matt's parking the car. He wasn't very happy when I told him I'm going in without him"

He laughed and helped me in , "she's in the guest bedroom. Kari , don't hate me for what I've done to her"

"I won't" I muttered , giving him a hug

The door opened and I saw my dimpled boyfriend walking in with a scowl on his face

"Matt! Where's your manners? You must knock when you're at a stranger's home"

He narrowed his eyes at me , "yeah? and you should wait for me when I'm parking the car"

I giggled "come on sour puss. Greet Alex"

"Hi Alex" he mumbled making Alex laugh

"hey Matt"

"Okay , well let me show you the room" Alex told me and walked in front of me to a guest room downstairs.

He opened the door and the sight in front of me made me gasp.

Tanya laid on the bed , bruises adorning her once pale body.

"Kari" she whispered smiling softly.

"I'm sorry" Alex whispered and closed the door.

"How... how are you?" she asked me

"Fine. How are you?"

"Everything that happened to me I deserve. I'm sorry for what happened Kar"

"Why'd you do it?"

"I was mad at Brian. I wanted him to pay"

"It was just a breakup Tanya. Everyone goes through that"

"Except for you" she spat , "you have the perfect life with your perfect house and your perfect husband"

"Yeah" i retorted , "my perfect life hey? My 'perfect husband' and I have been trying for a baby for God knows how long , my brother died and my best friend tried to kill me. Yeah , my life is fucking perfect Tanya!'

"That's not..."

"Save it." I spat "you know I was really upset when I learned what they did to you. But I'm not anymore. I don't know who you are anymore and frankly , I hate this Tanya"

"Kari , come on please-"

My eyes filled with tears , "I'm done"

With that I walked in , and as soon as closed the door I started sobbing.

Matt stood up as soon as he saw me , "baby?"

"I-I'm d-done" I said and threw my body in his. he hugged me tightly and pulled me from my feet.

"I'm gonna go , bye man" I heard his scruff voice say to Alex.

Alex kissed my forehead and said bye.

Matt sat me down in the passenger seat , and kissed my cheek.

"What happened?" he asked as soon as we started driving back to our mansion.

I filled him in on the story and then started sobbing again.

"You okay?"

"Yeah I am now. Sorry , I should have listened to you. I shouldn't have come"

"Babe.. You needed closure"

She nodded , "now I have it."
♠ ♠ ♠
What did you think??

Enjoy xx