Status: NEW PROFILE - SAME STORY.

Dreaming a Dream

Chapter 41

"Daddy! Daddy wake up!" I heard my daughter shout , "daddy it's your birthday! Wake up!"

I grunted and opened my eyes to see her standing on my stomach , waiting for me to wake up. She inherited her mom's good looks and I know that I will have to have the shotgun ready as soon as she gets older.

"hey pretty girl. You're up early"

"It's your birthday daddy. You need to open presents!"

I laughed and picked her up , walking with her downstairs to where the guys sat.

"Where's your mommy baby?"

"She buy cake daddy"

I smiled at her words

"She went to buy a cake?"

"Ya , daddy!"

I kissed my daughter's nose and together we joined the guys.

Later on Kari came back and was instantly greeted by our hyper daughter.

After hugging her , I walked up to Kari and kissed her softly.

This was how it should be - me , Kari our baby girl and my 4 best friends.

This was life.

"Matt! Matt snap out of it man , we want cake" I heard Brian's voice

"Huh? What?"

He laughed , "where the fuck's your head man? We've been calling your name for , like , 10 minutes"

"oh fuck. Sorry"

"You alright man?" he asked , his face changing from the amused smile to a concerned look

"Yeah , I was day dreaming. I'm fine"

"Hm alright , Kari's in the kitchen. She wants you to help and we all want cake so hurry the fuck up"

I laughed and stood up from the couch I was sitting on.

"Hey beautiful" I said softly wrapping my arms around my wife's skinny waist from behind.

She turned around in my arms throwing hers on my neck , "hey.. what were you thinking about before?"

I sigh and kissed her temple softly , "we had a daughter. She was beautiful - looked exactly like you did when you were little. She called me daddy Kar , I wanna be called daddy!"

"I know" she whispered , "I know you want to and I want to be a mommy but we're trying Matty. We're trying , we'll get a baby. One day I will fall pregnant"

"I hope so" I kissed her forehead , "now what you need me for?"

"Help me carry the plates"

"uh ... you bought... the cakes ... right?"

"Yes Matthew" she scowled , "I won't poison you. I promise"

I laughed , "when are we going to my parents?"

"In like 3 hours. Then it's the party and after the party I will hand you my gift"

"What'd you buy me?"

"It's a surprise"

I pouted and was rewarded a kiss. I carried the plates to the living room

"Fuckers , you could have gotten your own cake in the kitchen. I'm not your fucking maid"

"Oh hush Matthew" Jimmy said and they all laughed at me.

We have just arrived at my parents' house and I opened the door for Kari.

She gave me a kiss on the lips making me smile and then as soon as I locked my SUV we walked hand in hand to the front door.

"I want a dog" I whispered and smiled when I saw her look at me , "I want a labrador"

"You're serious?"

"Hmm" I nodded , "I am. I want a dog"

She laughed and kissed me , "then let's get a dog Matty! Let's get a dog"

I laughed and hugged her and then the door opened.

"Oh! Matthew! Karina!" my mom gushed hugging us both. "come in , come in! The food is almost ready"

I smiled and let Kari walk in first. I closed the door and was instantly greeted with happy birthdays from my family.

I sat down in the living room with my dad , uncles and cousins.

the cousin I can consider my brother wasn't here yet. My aunt told me he and his girlfriend was on their way.

"So what does Kari have planned for you?" My uncle asked me. I took a gulp of my beer

"I don't know really. We slept in till late and now we're here. She says she has things planned for us to do."

"You slept in late huh , are you sure?" Rick , my 18 year old horny cousin asked , wiggling his eyebrows making me smirk.

"Rick , shut it" his dad scolded him , "if you're mother hears you talk like that she's gonna ban that new girlfriend of yours"

"You have a girlfriend? Sweet man" I commented taking another gulp of my beer.

"Hmm , her name is Jodie. She's a fox"

I laughed

"Lunch is ready." Kari commented as soon as she reached us.

My dad and uncles walked ahead.

"Come on now. I'm not carrying you" she said , narrowing her eyes at me when I decided not to move. Pouting , I stood up and earned a comment of how whipped I am from Rick.

I grabbed her hand and we walked to the dining room.

"How old are you now Matthew?" my grandma asked me. She has never once remembered my age and even though Kari says it's adorable and shit I find it annoying.

My grandma Mary is the only grandma that I still love and care for and it's because she's the only one that never gave up on me , she's the only one that supported my career decision.

"I'm 30 now grandma"

"Oh , and you Karina?"

"I'm turning 30 in October grandma Lilly"

"oh and there's still no baby?"

The room got instantly quiet , I could feel the anger radiating off me.

"They are trying Lillian" my mom said , defending us.

"Oh" she commented and just before I could glare I felt Kari's hand on my knee. "calm down"

"Yeah" I said , "we're trying. We both want a baby but we're having trouble falling pregnant"

"You don't have to explain Matty" grandma Mary said giving us a soothing smile.

I nodded and kissed my wife's cheek.

The rest of the meal was eaten in silence but I guess my aunt couldn't take it anymore and started asking Kari about her new job.

"Oh I'm on leave until next Monday" Kari commented

"Why?" grandma Lilly asked again , her lips in a tight disapproving frown

"She was shot!" my mom said glaring at her mother in law

"How you holding up dear?" my aunt asked again , smiling softly at Kari.

"I'm good. If it wasn't for Matt I don't think I would have been here today"

"He's a good son isn't he?" grandma Mary said making me blush and Kari laugh

"He's soaking in the attention now. We'll have to be careful"

I laughed , "yet you're still talking as though I'm not here"

The table laughed and we finished our meal. I was dying to get a second helping but Kari told me that she'll take some home for me to eat.

"Okay I have lemon meringue pie and chocolate cake. Decide" my mom said

"I want both please" I said making Kari giggle , "aww my sweet tooth" she gave me a kiss on the nose and went to help my mom and aunts.

"you really love her don't you?" grandma Mary asked smiling at me.

I nodded , "yeah she's my world. I thought she'd be divorcing my ass by now since I'm always hurting her"

"You're not hurting her Matt. If anything you're doing your best to protect her from hurt"

I smiled at my dad's words. I was surprised at what he said since I always thought he wanted Kari to leave me.

"Thanks dad" I said nodding slightly.

The women came back with the dessert.

I kissed Kari's cheek and engulfed in the sweet dessert.

If only I could have that dream from before as reality , then my birthday would be even greater than now.