Status: NEW PROFILE - SAME STORY.

Dreaming a Dream

Chapter 8

‘Matt is the father of my unborn baby...Matt is the father of my unborn baby...Matt is the father of my unborn baby”
The words kept swirling in my mind. Time stood still , my breath was caught in my throat.
I couldn’t breathe , I couldn’t speak. Nothing.
My feet was plastered to the floor , my body frozen.

The door slamming shut brought me out of my thoughts , out of my misery and shock.
“Babe?” Matt questioned coming to stand closer to me. “Please , just say something”

“I...I need to be alone right now... I’ll talk...later”

“Karina?” he started , panic evident in his broken voice , “baby I....”

“I need to be alone. Leave me alone”
“Kari...Just , don’t shut me out okay? Take your time but God , don’t shut me out...please”
I nodded and grabbed my keys , running to my car and driving away from the place I call home.

***********
Matt’s POV
“How the fuck did this happen Matt?” Brian screamed
I shook my head , grabbing the few hairs I had and tugged at it , I was frustrated and angry. Just when things were going well again between me and Kari this fucking whorish slut had to make her appearance.

I can’t wait for the baby to be born , so I can get that paternity test and prove the thing I already know : I am not the father of her baby.

“Where’s Kari?” Brian asked , his voice softer and more sympathetic.
“Needed time and space” I said , my voice cracking from the tears I keep at bay.
“She forgave you for cheating Matt. She won’t turn her back.”
“I know. I just keep messing up and ironically this is the most I’ve ever messed up and now we’re married”

“Matt it’s okay , she will be okay. You guys will be okay.”

A while later Brian left , leaving me alone in my office. The place I just tried making a baby with my wife.
My thoughts pained me , and all I wanted to do was call Kari turn back time and forget any of this happened.
“Matt” Jimmy walked in , his head hanging and he looked at me with sorrow , “it’s Kari. She was in a accident.”
My world froze , I couldn’t get any words out.
“What?”
“She was in a car accident Matt. It doesn’t look good”
“Um..I... I need to get down there”
Jim nodded and stood out of my way , letting me hurry down to the garage , pull my car out and then drove like a mad man to the hospital.
The nurse gave me a flirty smirk , I ignored her and asked her for Kari’s room.
“Mrs Sanders is in the O.R right now. But , you can wait in the living room of section B , rooms 219-223.”
“Thanks” I smiled and then hurried down.
The guys came just a while later. No doctor has come out and told me what’s going on and I was getting impatient.
“Things will be fine Matt. Just you wait” Tanya said , her eyes bloodshot.
Brian held her close and I felt a pang in my chest. I needed Kari. I wanted to hold her just like Bri was holding Tanya.
“Family for Karina Sanders?” a doctor , probably in his mid 40s walked out.
I flew to my feet and walked up to him. “I’m her husband , is she okay?”
“Mr Sanders , your wife suffers from a severe concussion , and has a broken ankle. But other than that she’s fine. She’s in recovery now , but you can see her as soon as we move her to this room. That’ll be in 3 hours”
“But I need to see her now!”
He sigh and gave me a sympathetic frown , “fine. Just you. Come with me”
I followed him and he gave me a protection mask and led me to my girl.
“Oh my God baby” I rushed to her side taking her hand in my mine. Kissing her mouth over and over again.
“I’m so fucking sorry, I am so fucking sorry”
I actually cried , “I love you. Wake up. Wake up baby”
She needs to wake up , so I can tell her how much I love her and how sorry I am.
I need my girl back , I need my life back without any relationship drama.
I needed Karina.