Status: Active

Kissing Cousins

Changing Everything

It was a normal day at the Britta, Martinez household. Another lazy day in the summer and it seemed as though everyone in the house was relaxing. My cousins and I spent the day in our pajamas, playing videos games and watching TV like usual. The adults were in their pajamas as well, except for those that had to work in the Texas heat. I looked like I always do on a lazy day: in my comfy sweatpants with a t-shirt and my hair down. I hadn't really done much, other than eat, play video games, and watch TV. I should have been applying for jobs but did not have the desire to do so, like it had been for the past month.

It's not often that we have guests over, unless there's a family gathering going on. In a few weeks, my father would be marrying the love of his life and that would be my first time meeting everyone. I had no idea how many people would attend, but that's not what I am here to tell you about.

I was upstairs, playing video games on our Wii, when all of a sudden my uncle came upstairs with someone he was going to introduce me to. It was one of my cousins, Jared. I don't know exactly what went on in my head, but let me tell you, I was attracted to him from the second I saw him! I knew that those feelings were far from right, so I shook them off almost instantly. My uncle introduced the two of us and I cannot remember if we shook hands or just said hello. They left within a few minutes and I felt myself hoping to see him again soon.

It was from that moment on that I had to crush these feelings. Sure, we were not related at the time we met since my father was going to get married in about two weeks, but still. It would definitely be wrong to pursue anything romantic with him once we were related by marriage. I wanted so badly to fight these feelings and I knew it was worth a shot to try. I just had no idea how hard of a fight that would be, internally.
♠ ♠ ♠
I know what you're all thinking "OMG EWW INCEST!" but first of all, I have to change specific details in this story to make it more enjoyable to read. In reality, we have not even dated and agreed not to. If that ruins this story for you, I'm truly sorry. But this is journalism and I cannot keep it one hundred percent truthful or else you would all get bored. This story is going to move slowly and accurately (for the most part) so all I ask is that you be patient with me. I would like to update as much as possible until I start attending college in a few weeks.

Thanks for reading and feel free to comment with any suggestions or things you would/would not me to write into this story.