Status: Active

Kissing Cousins

Absent, Party for One

It was another typical lazy Saturday morning and my cousins were coming over. Little did I know about this, until I got up that morning to find my uncle at our house with Eric. It was odd to see just one out of the three of them, but I'm sure my uncle had som explanation. I had to get ready in the presence of them again, which bothered me once more. I hated having them see me like this and getting ready in front of other people. I guess you could say I'm quite vain for an 18-year-old girl. I ate breakfast in front of Eric as well. I took a bit of time to get ready, like i usually do, and put on something casual yet comfortable to wear for the day. After a while, my uncle left to head to work and it was just my brother, my cousin, and I along with any adults who had the day off.

I decided to watch Eric and my brother play video games for a bit. I still was not feeling well and my sinus headache was still there. Luckily for me, I had cough drops and allergy medication whenever I needed them, among other things like throat lozenges. My brother and Eric had been upstairs playing a game on one of the three Nintendo 64 systems we owned and kept in the house. The game was called Killer Instinct and seemed to be a one-on-one combat game. Eric seemed to be winning the majority of the battles with a tactic he called button mashing, where you press all the buttons on your controller. I thought it was entertaining to see my brother lose, at least twenty times may I add, but they kept playing despite the odds. I started feeling terrible again and decided after watching many rounds of Killer Instinct to lay down so I could take a nap. I fell asleep for at least an hour.

Upon waking up, I remembered something my uncle mentioned earlier about Jared. He mentioned that Jared had a dentist appointment and would be coming over later on. I was excited to see him again. As the day went on, it seemed my hopes were crushed. Jared never showed up, but I was okay with that knowing there would be other times. Yes, I missed him but doesn't absence make the heart grow fonder?
♠ ♠ ♠
Another short chapter but the next one will be a longer chapter, I promise. I hope you are enjoying the story so far and feel free to leave feedback in a comment! I appreciate you taking the time to read on, so thank you!! :)

I shall be updating soon, but I've been busier with my new job so I will try my best to update before I attend college I'm a few weeks.