Status: Active

Kissing Cousins

Saturday

It was a Saturday morning in August, but not just any Saturday morning. It was the day I would go in for the New Student Orientation (NSOR) at the college I'd start classes at next week. But, it was also the first day in a few weeks that I would really get to hang out with my cousins and my boyfriend. I know what you're thinking, whoa what? But yes, Jared and I decided to start a relationship despite what our families will think.

I'm in no way a morning person, so getting up early on a SATURDAY morning isn't exactly my cup of tea. But despite this fact, I got up to the sound of my alarm and began getting ready. Once I was ready, my dad and I began heading out. I was sure I would be late arriving to the NSOR, but I managed to be only one minute late. All the other students attending this orientation had to sign in so being a bit late was not a big deal.

To start off, the group did two activities in class. The first activity involved turning to the person next to you and asking questions based on the sticker on your back. Once you figured out what the sticker said, you would alternate so the other person could figure out what their sticker said. The next activity involved each of needed to find the match to our sticker (like macaroni matched with cheese). Once we found our match, we filled out a questionnaire with our buddy. Each group presented the questionnaire for each other to the class. Afterwards, we headed out of the classroom for a tour of campus. I enjoyed the tour because I got to familiarize myself with my surroundings a bit.

After that was finished, the group grabbed snacks and headed back to the classroom for a short break. The orientation resumed with a PowerPoint presentation, which was pretty decent. The orientation managed to finish up about an hour early, which was awesome. I arrived home with my dad around eleven thirty that morning and did some last minute things before Jared and my aunt would arrive to pick me up. I straightened my hair, gathered up my Wii with its accessories to bring to their house and completed part of the adult driver's ed course I have to complete since I'm 18. It wasn't long before my ride to my uncle's house arrived.

The ride to my uncle's house is about thirty minutes, but can be longer or shorter depending on traffic. Eric happened to tag along for the ride, since they picked him up before me. The car ride was full of chatter, but I'm talkative so I don't mind. We arrived at their house, finally! I was more than ready for this date to get started. I had no idea what was going to happen, but I was ready to take no anything thrown at me!! :)

First, I put my stuff down in the living room area. There was apparently a Doctor Who marathon on since there would be a new episode on tonight. I was okay with watching that show, so it was really no big deal. Jared and I decided to hang out in the living room for a bit. The only problem was that Jerry decided to join us. Keep in mind that Jerry is thirteen, Jared is sixteen, and I'm eighteen. Eric decided to tag along too, but he's so quiet I forget he's even there. This was not an ideal situation for Jared and I. We watched an entire episode of Doctor Who, then watched a portion of an episode of The Big Bang Theory. Next, we watched part of The World's End before switching to Secondhand Lions. During Secondhand Lions, Jared tried to set up Netflix on his laptop and update to Windows 8.1. The internet connection was not the best, so this took a while as you can imagine. Eric fixed the internet connection a bit, but the tasks in progress were not finished yet. As a result, my boyfriend and I decided to go for a walk to Taco Bell.

The walk was not that long, but it was long enough for us to get some quality time. On the way there, Jared and I held hands while talking a little bit. We made it to Taco Bell in a short time and got our order taken. Jared paid, which was a really nice gesture. However, the two of us had to wait for our order to be ready and so we got drinks. Our order came out and we left Taco Bell. I managed to overfill my drink, so my hands were a bit sticky. Jared was a bit hesitant to hold my hand at first. After about five minutes, we held hands since mine were sticky and one of his was wet from holding his drink. On the walk back, Jared and I were not very talkative. But I was okay with the silence for some reason and he appeared to be as well.

Once we reached my uncle's house at the end of the walk, we agreed to head upstairs to his room. Jared and I ate our food from Taco Bell, as well as sipped our drinks. After we both finished eating, we laid on his bed to watch something on Netflix. Jared insisted that we watch Psych since I've never watched a single episode. The good thing was that we were totally alone to cuddle and hold hands. It was actually really nice. We made it through one episode and three-fourths of the next episode before his mother called us downstairs because we were upstairs for too long. Oh, parents!!

We came downstairs hoping to finish up a game of Mario Party 6 Eric, Jared and I had started but came to find the season premiere of Doctor Who playing on the game room TV. The two of us sat down with Jerry and Eric to watch the episode. Their mother, my aunt, came in to join us about fifteen minutes through the episode. However, about an hour into the episode, she left the room then did not return. The episode lasted for another forty five minutes. For the most part, the three of us sat in silence watching the season premiere episode. At one point, Jerry and Eric left the room for a few minutes. It seemed like the best moment for our first kiss. We glanced into each other's eyes and then went in for the kiss. At first, I thought eh needed more practice on kissing. But then the kiss took an unexpected turn: French kissing! At that point I knew more practice might not be necessary. His brothers returned after we finished up and the three of us continued watching the episode.

After the episode ended, Jared and I went to Eric's room to finish that game with him. Unfortunately, there was not enough time to finish the game. We played up until the fourteenth turn, saved the game, and agreed to finish it at a later time. Jared headed outside and I followed of course. What happened next was a surprise to me. The two of us made our way outside, I sat on the swing and then got up upon realizing it was quite uncomfortable. He put his hands around my waist, I put my hands around his neck and we got straight to business. We were completely alone, so I guess you could say a make-out session occurred. Things escalated quickly, with me placing my hand on his butt and him placing both his hands on my butt. This was cut short when Paisley, the puppy my uncle took in from my family, had to relieve herself. Luckily, the two of us did not get caught in the act by anyone. Jerry came out with Paisley and mentioned that she had an accident inside which made my uncle very mad. Paisley wanted to play so Jared and I knew our alone time was definitely over. We played with the dog but made sure to tell her no when she tried to bite our shoes. Jerry stayed outside with us. Before we knew it, it was time for my aunt to take me home with Jared.

Jared and I had one more kiss before heading into the car. It was not exactly a quick peck. We sat in the back of the car and his mom was driving in the front. I managed to sit two seats away from my boyfriend, but then I ended up moving over to the middle seat. The beginning of the ride included a bit of chatter. But the rest of the ride was pretty quiet. Jared and I held hands, along with me resting my head against his and him resting his head against mine. At one point, he asked me to be his girlfriend and I said yes, despite the fact that we were already boyfriend and girlfriend. I just prefer if the guy asks me to be his girlfriend, rather than just assume things about our relationship. A little while before the three of us made it to my house, we stopped to get gas. My aunt went inside the store to pay, so we knew there would be a few minutes to sneak in some making out. She was gone for a couple minutes before returning to fill up the tank. The two of us managed not to get caught once more. She finished filling up the tank and we got back on the road. The rest of the ride was peaceful and quiet.

Finally, we arrived at my house. But instead of walking me to the door for a quick hug or kiss, Jared sat in the car as I got out and made my way to the door. I was okay with that because I was sure he just did not think of it. This was definitely a Saturday to remember!!
♠ ♠ ♠
This chapter does skip forward a few weeks but I might backtrack and add this as a later chapter, in the future. I apologize for not updating for a while, but I'm definitely going to update more often. However, I start attending college classes on Monday so I may not be able to update as often. I'll do my best to update this story at least once a week. Thanks for reading and feel free to leave a comment!! :)