‹ Prequel: Haylen
Status: very slow in progress

Haylen 2.0

The Run and Go

Dyad had been working a long time on the process of creating clones, from a very specific DNA sequence. The goal – well, did they really need one? There were definite applications if they were able to produce children with entirely synthetic DNA sequences and mothers could surrogate them and have children of their own. They could create a new evolutionary sequence, the next logical step in humanity. Yes, there were groups against it but they didn’t quite understand the revolution that could be done with this process. And Zack had gotten roped into it. He didn’t understand anything, not even the science behind it. But he did know how to manipulate human beings very well.

He was well versed in psychology and that was what Dyad needed him for – to crack into Taylor’s mindset. And once they sent Zack, the truth spilled out – that she needed love like she needed air to breathe. That she was easy to pull into a relationship and distract from her own schooling. Running into Taylor was pure luck and yet, her escaping was poor luck. Dyad did not like that Taylor had managed to escape with the clone. As a result, Cameron Hurley had sat down across from Zack, looking rather displeased. “Who do you think the mother subject would have taken the clone to?”

Zack honestly had no clue because as far as he knew, Taylor had no friends to run to. Taylor’s daily life consisted of cooking, of taking care of the clone, and of watching television. There was no where for Taylor to go aside from her mother’s home. “I would assume Andrea’s, but we searched Andrea’s home. The mother subject was no where to be found in the house.”

The look of disappointment on Camera’s face showed. “My subject has gone missing as well,”
Cameron said after a long pause, looking away from Zack. “So both of us will have hell to pay if we don’t find our subjects.” Zack stayed quiet. He didn’t realize that Cameron himself would have a subject he was monitoring. “The clone I was assigned to watch was not like yours - she was fully grown. Monitoring her was a real job, making sure she didn’t realize who I was. Though I do figure keeping an eye on a clone and a mother subject must be difficult.”

Zack nodded at Cameron, remembering some of the things that Taylor desired and keeping up a masquerade as the boyfriend of her dreams was rather difficult. Taylor was a romantic and keeping a romantic happy meant going out of his way to seem the same way. “The mother subject seems… very attached to the clone. Ha - I mean, the clone is very important to her.”

Cameron paused, before seeming to remember something that Zack had overlooked - he had met Zack’s mother subject. A young blonde woman with bright blue eyes who had been talking to his clone subject, back when she was heavily pregnant. “I may know where my clone went and where your mother subject went. They knew each other in college. They had met. The mother subject must have gone to the clone!”

The realization that the clone had met the mother subject was one of panic - the minute the clone saw the small child, she would know. Cameron’s clone had been studying in experimental evolutionary developmental biology and there was no way she wouldn’t recogonize what was going on the minute the mother subject showed up on the door with her clone for a daughter. “We have to stop her,” Zack said.
---- meanwhile ---

Tay had pulled up to a rundown warehouse and Taylor looked over at Tay like she was crazy. Haylen had indeed been put into a car seat by a woman by the name of Alison who came along with them. The real shocker? Alison had looked exactly like Tay, right down to her eyes. The only difference seemed to be the lack of of an ombre and the bangs. “So, we’re not gonna mention the fact that… there are two of you, right?”

Alison sighed, slightly annoyed that they had found another person involved in already complicated conspiracy. So she snapped at Taylor, “You have a daughter that looks exactly like us when we were kids. You were being monitored by Dyad. Right now, we have to get you to safety because you learned about the conspiracy before Dyad wanted to. I suggest you save your questions because things are only starting to complicated.”

Taylor grimaced slightly at Alison, even though she knew that Alison had a point. She simply resented Alison’s tone. She crossed her arms, annoyed until Tay stopped the car behind the warehouse. “Alright, Sarah’s probably waiting up there and she’s not gonna be happy when she sees Haylen there,” Tay said, shaking her head and ruffling her hair with look that Taylor couldn’t quite read.

Haylen looked up in confusion as Alison unbuckled her from her car seat, Taylor getting down to stand next to Tay. She watched Alison carefully as she took Haylen down from the car, bringing her back over to Taylor. Haylen reached out for her mother, who took her from Alison’s arms. “Come on, follow us,” Tay said.

Taylor was a bit wide eyed as she followed Tay and Alison up the stairs of a ratty warehouse to what appeared to be a simple storage unite. Alison knocked on the door, before stating, “Sarah, we’ve found another one of these… genetic identicals. Except… she’s different.”

Sarah clearly sounded exasperated behind the door. “How on Earth could a gentic identical be different to the,” she said, cut off short when she opened the door. Taylor was shocked by Sarah - she reminded her of Tay only with straight black hair that was rather messy compared to Tay’s neat ombred hair. She stopped in shock when she saw Haylen in Taylor’s arms. “That’s… that’s a child.”

Taylor’s lips parted in shock at the woman - identical to Tay and Alison in almost every way. “You… you look exactly like them as well,” Taylor said in shock as Tay pushed Taylor forward into the place. She looked around, a little shocked by how nice the place was. She was expecting cobwebs. “Okay, so far that is three different people who look like you, Tay. What is going on?”

“We’re clones. Someone’s experiment,” Sarah explained before Tay could, looking directly at Haylen. “And apparently, they want to do round two.”
♠ ♠ ♠
ah hello i am so sorry this took a while but i am already working on chapter two! don't worry!