Status: In progress

With Love Dr. Spencer Reid...

Courage Is

With Love Dr. Reid

/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/

'Your connections to all the things around you literally define who you are.'

Aaron D. O'Connell

/-/-/-/-/Spencer/-/-/-/-/-

The coffee we got was quick and we didn't stand around after, meaning that I didn't really get to talk to the woman much.

"All I'm saying Reid is that you could've at least got her number. Or her name. You didn't even get that." Morgan perplexed me sometimes. He seemed to love flirting, and hitting on women but he respected them. That still didn't excuse him from asking me about the woman.

"Why did I need to get her name or number? It doesn't matter." It didn't matter and even though she was very attractive, by a completely normalized society standard, I didn't need her number or name.

"Reid, you're single and I don't think you've ever been on a date." That wasn't true. I have been.

"I've been on 4." The look he gave me showed he didn't care. He just got a funny look on his face and I could tell he was going to say something I wasn't going to like.

"How many relationships have you had?" I didn't see why it mattered. At all. I had doctorates and I had an IQ surpassing everyone I had met. I was an FBI agent and I had an eidetic memory.

"I don't need a dating relationship to be normal. I need food, air, water, clothes and a place to live. But I don't need a woman." Hopefully that would get through his head.

"She was cute Reid." I saw Garcia, JJ, and Emily all standing behind Morgan, eager looks on their face.

"Who's cute?" I tried looking at Morgan and telling him no, but he smirked at me and told them.

"Reid met, and bought a woman her coffee." I heard a few giggles from Garcia and a few shocked faces from Emily and JJ, both of them not believing that I had met a woman and bought her coffee.

"Did you get her name? Her number? Details Reid!" It was hard for me to not roll my eyes especially in front of JJ.

There was a time when I had liked JJ, liked her enough to want to date her. I used to think about her a lot and used to think about what it'd be like if we dated. It seemed that that's all I wanted at one point; to date JJ.

"Why do I need to get her number? Or her name? I don't need it." The incredulous look on my coworkers faces sent a feeling of annoyance surge though my body. I don't know why they were always pushing me to find someone to date.

Morgan, Garcia and Emily were all single. They hadn't been on dates in 6 months and longer and no one was pressuring them. They can be happy and single on their own. But not me.

"So you can see her again and get coffee together. Reid you could've had a date!"

"Yeah and what if I don't want one JJ? What if I don't feel the need to date anyone?" I snapped. I snapped and I felt my blood rushing. I was mad. I was irritated and I felt the need to lash out. I was tired of them trying to set me up or telling me I needed to date.

"Spence I was just trying to help." I couldn't help myself.

"I don't need or want your help." I sat down at my desk and turned, keeping my back to them and focusing on the paperwork on my desk.

I didn't want them to bring it up or talk about it again. I was done with this topic.

/-/-/-/-/Alli/-/-/-/-/-

"There's a patient in room 2 that needs to be checked on, there's another patient across the hall that needs an IV made, then there are checks that need to be done on medication. The Unit Clerk will give you the key. After you're done the checks, you'll need to come back here and get ready to do another round." I tried to take in as much information as I possibly could but it was hard to listen to what they were saying.

There was so much to learn and do and I felt like I was falling behind and apart. I was not used to these 12 hour shifts and it was slowly getting to me. Coffee and messed up sleep schedules wouldn't do and I was hoping that within the next few days I would get used to it.

"Allison?" I looked back at the head nurse of the floor and smiled through the tiredness and slight fogginess.

"Yes?" I tried to sound chipper and wide awake. I didn't know how well it was working, but it was worth a try.

"You can start your rounds." I nodded and turned on my heel and walked over to the second room, knocking on the door and waiting until I heard a come in.

I walked in and my eyes fell on a child laying in the bed, with an IV in his arm and a cast on his leg. His eyes had black bruises around him and he has bruises all along his arms and his neck. It was a terrible sight and it made me feel sick thinking about what could've happened to this little boy.

"Hello." The boy's voice didn't waver and he kept a bright smile on his face despite having bruises almost everywhere.

"Hi. I'm Alli. What's your name?" I made my way over to the bed and grabbed his charts, looking them over.

"I'm Wyatt." I looked away from his charts and up at Wyatt, smiling back at him.

"Hi Wyatt. How are you?" I stepped closer to the bed and checked his IV bag and quickly looked over his leg.

"I'm okay. I'm a bit sore." He looked down towards his cast, his blue cast, and then back up at me.

"I wanted red, white and blue. Like Captain America." He seemed so happy for such a small little boy with such big bruises.

"Captain America is such a hero isn't he?" I adjusted his blanket and moved his food tray away, hoping to ask him if he needed any pain killers.

"He is. I want to be like that. I want to be a hero."

"Who would you save?" I asked, generally curious.

"My mom." His answer left me in my tracks and I flashed my eyes over his bruises, seeing faint handprints, worrying about how he got those.

From his dad? Could his dad have made the bruises? Could he have broken his leg? Caused the black eyes? What sick person would do this to a child?

"I..." I couldn't find anything to say and by the time I could open my mouth to say something, there was movement behind me.

"Who are you?" I turned my head and saw what I assumed to be the boy's father. My temper fared for a minute, wanting to say something to this terrible piece of scum.

"She's the nurse. She's nice. This is my stepfather." Wyatt smiled at his stepfather and I felt stupid for getting worried. They wouldn't let an abusive father near his child would they?

"I was just checking up on him. To see if he needed any medication at all." I smiled from Wyatt and then to his stepfather before excusing myself and going back into the hall.

"It's sad isn't it?" Steph, a nurse of 3 years, was looking in to the room I just left.

"How could a father do that? Why would anyone do that to a child?" My question went unanswered by Steph.

"The boy was staying with his father for a week when the neighbours called the police. His mother came the next day and had him transferred to another hospital." Steph had the same look of anger in her eyes, but it was for a different reason.

Steph was a mother of two young boys, and because of that she was just a casual on the floor. She only worked when there was a need, which I thought was a shame because I loved working with Steph.

"I need to finish my rounds. I'll see you at lunch?" I nodded and took a quick glance at Wyatt and his stepfather.

"The greatest test of courage on earth is to bear defeat without losing heart."

/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/

So here is the third chapter. Sorry for any mistakes or any OOC parts. Trying my best! Next chapter I am going to start thanking reviewers and followers/favorites. I am also going to try and find a picture of someone who best looks like Alli. If you have any suggestions, please let me know. I know that I've never described her yet, or at least I think, but she is blonde, on the shorter side, with green/blue eyes.

Thanks for reading!