Status: In progress

With Love Dr. Spencer Reid...

Little bit shy

With Love Dr. Spencer Reid

-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-

'The meeting of two personalities is like the contact of two chemical substances: if there is any reaction, both are transformed.' - Carl Jung

-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/Spencer-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-

"What is wrong with you Spencer?" I was acting 'out of the ordinary' according to JJ, Emily and Garcia. But I was not going to be pressured to be in a relationship I didn't want.

"Nothing is wrong with me." A lie and I was sure JJ would see through it. I didn't care, I just wanted them to drop the subject and leave it alone. I wanted them to leave me alone when it came to dating.

"Something is wrong Spence." I looked over at JJ and felt a sudden onset of guilt hit me. Maybe I was too harsh to them and maybe I should've been more understanding.

"I..." I didn't know where to begin. Where could I begin? With my lack of social skills that left me unable to have a long, normal conversation with women? Or my lack of ability to say anything other than facts and talk about nerdy things. Where do I start?

"I can help who's next!" The line moved up and I used that as an excuse for not talking to JJ. I, instead, focused on the menu and what I was going to get.

It wasn't a good excuse, but it left me time to try and think of an answer or at least think of a diversion. I wasn't uncomfortable in answering her perse, but it wasn't something I really wanted to talk about.

"Excuse me." A woman went to push past me, and when she turned, I recognized her as the woman from the other day.

"Oh hi! You're the guy that bought my coffee right? Do you remember me?" I didn't even need to think about it, of course I remembered her. I had an eidetic memory.

"I have an eidetic memory. Yes I remember you." I wasn't only short with JJ, I was short with her as well. I was short with everyone. I just didn't care about being polite lately.

"Woah saucy. Someone woke up on the wrong side of the bed. Or did you miss the latest DR. Who episode?" That answered surprised me, and despite being in a bad mood, I cracked a smile.

"You watch Dr. Who?" Most people didn't watch Dr. Who or even know what it was.

"I don't but my roommate and best friend does. She goes a little nuts for it. I've only seen an episode or two. But it is..." I cut her off, knowing what she was going to say.

"Britain's longest running TV show. Yeah it's the longest running. I'm surprised you knew that especially for not being a Dr. Who fan." She nodded and sipped her coffee, stepping out of the line before answering me.

"Like I said my best friend is kind of nuts for Dr. Who so.." She trailed off and I followed her gaze behind me, to JJ, who was giving me a bright eyed look.

"Spencer why don't you introduce me to your friend." It annoyed me how she refered to us as friends in a childish way. She was talking to me like she talked to Henry.

"We actually haven't officially met." She got my attention, and she flicked her hair out of her eyes before she stuck out her hand.

"Hi. I'm Allison Peters, but you can call me Alli. No one really calls me Allison unless i"m in trouble." I grabbed her hand and shook it, ignoring the feeling of JJ staring at me.

"I'm Dr. Spencer Reid."

"And I'm JJ and I hate to interrupt but we need to order our coffee." I looked away from JJ and Alli and saw the barista staring us down, looking very unimpressed.

"I'm going to get a Venti Pike Place room for cream."

-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/Alli-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-

I sat down, keeping my distance from Spencer and JJ, not wanting to come between whatever they had. I didn't even know if they had anything, but I was not going to be the problem.

I had enough of that with my sisters. They were always coming between couples, and they thought they could get away with it just because they had money. They flaunted it around and expected the guys to come running. I wasn't going to be one of those girls.

"Alli?" I heard Spencer's voice and I looked up, seeing him standing in front of me, and JJ walking out the door.

"Can I sit here?" I nodded and slid my coffee cup back towards me, and moving my book off the table and into my purse on the floor.

"So...you're a nurse?" Spencer seemed genuinely curious about what I was doing and it was a nice change of pace from most of the other men I've met.

Most of them, not all of them, but most of them only cared about the few things most men cared about. And then when they found out I was a nurse, they turned it into something sexual.

"Yes and no. I'm a nursing student finishing up my practicum. I'll be done in May and then I'm hoping to have a job lined up in June or July. What about you? What do you do for work?" Spencer seemed like he would the type of guy that would have an office job, maybe an IT tech.

"I work for the FBI. For the BAU. I'm an agent there. I help catch serial killers and arsonists and others like that." I think my jaw may have hit the floor.

"You work for the FBI? Seriously?" Spencer helped catch some of the most dangerous people society had to deal with and he just brushed it off like it was nothing.

"Yes. I started working there when I was 22. I graduated highschool when I was 12, have an IQ of 187 and went on to get BA's and doctorates in different studies." I really didn't know what to say to Reid as he was telling me all this.

He was smarter than anyone I had ever known and even sitting in front of him made me feel stupid and I wasn't even doing anything. I felt like he, could outsmart anyone in this room without even trying or putting in any effort.

"That's impressive." I spoke quietly and left an air of awkwardness. I didn't really know what to say and didn't want to say anything that would make me look like a ditz in front of him.

Although with the awkwardness, it gave me a better chance to look at Spencer and with more detail. He had real full lips that I hadn't noticed before and they looked like they were cracked, making me think that he licked them more than usual. His eyes were a bit puffy and he had bags under them, due to a loss of sleep.

"I guess it is." He licked his lips, again, and took a sip of his coffee, holding the cup to his lips a bit longer than usual. Then came the awkward silence again.

"It was really nice to officially meet you but I have to go. I have a meeting in 20 minutes." He stood up and grabbed his bag, slinging it over his body. It fell at his hip and I took a quick glance before looking away.

"It was nice meeting you too." I stood and grabbed my bag and before he could leave, I grabbed his wrist.

"Spencer? Before you go, I was wondering if I could give you my number?" His adam's' apple bobbed when he gulped and I could see a bit of sweat on his forehead. He was nervous.

"Uhh..y-yeah. S-sure." I smiled and when he handed out his phone, I quickly put my number in and sent myself a text.

"There. I've got it." I smiled and pushed my hair behind my ear.

"I'll text you later Spencer." He didn't say anything to me, he just smiled and waved, then walked out the door.

I grinned and grabbed my coffee cup and waited a minute before I left as well, but going the opposite direction of him, towards my apartment.