Status: In progress

With Love Dr. Spencer Reid...

First Telecommunications Conversation

-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-

'I do not wish to hide my origins, nor do I seek to make it a subject of conversation. I am what I am.' – Ryan Giggs

-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/Allie-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-

I didn't know what to text him, at first or for the last 5 minutes. I was drawing a real blank and I didn't want to come off as too eager or not eager enough. I didn't want to scare him away or have him think i'm some freak who is getting too attached, but I couldn't help it.

Spencer Reid was the cutest thing I had seen in a long time, not a thing actually but a man. He was so different from the men I meet on a daily basis, not being arrogant, just pointing out that in my line of work, you meet a lot of men, and not in the dirty way, but in the they-need-medical-attention way.

'Hey Spencer, it's Allie. The mysterious coffee girl/soon-to-be nurse, that you met in the coffee shop. Not that you would forget, at least I hope you wouldn't forget, anyway...Just wanted to say hi. :) :)' I left it off with two smiley faces and before I changed my mind, again, I pressed send and pushed the lock button on my phone.

I sat back and sighed, like a school-girl and thought of his eyes, which caught my attention the first time, and held them. He had really nice eyes, and a nice smile, but I wanted to be focused on his eyes for a moment.

"Someone's crushing." I couldn't stop the blush that reached my cheeks, and frantically covered them with my hands.

"I'm not crushing!" I thought lying would be the best way to avoid the awkward truth that would slip out, but my lie obviously failed.

"I heard that sigh and the dreamy look on your face. Reminds me of the good old days in high school." Melanie was a second year student, like me, but at the bright age of just 19 years old. She was brilliant student apparently, because she was only 19 and already in the same year as me.

"Weren't you just in high school two years ago? Is your memory really that bad?" I joked with her and got a dry 'ha, ha' before she sat down opposite me. Despite us working on opposite sides of the floor, we still got our breaks at the same time which was nice.

"So...tell me about mr. mysterious." She smiled and took a bite of her carrots, munching loudly.

"Mr. Mysterious is actually an agent for the FBI." I smiled and couldn't help but think of him as some kind of hero who would save the day. I felt like such a child, but in the good way.

"Ooh. A badge and a gun. Makes me swoon." She fanned her face and fell back against her chair with a loud laugh.

"Whatever." I laughed with her but was still blushing. It never even occurred to me that yes, he would probably be carrying a gun.

"What's he look like?" I smiled and leaned back in my seat now, thinking about Spencer Reid, and yes, like a little school girl.

"He's got short brown hair that looked like it was kind of curly, maybe, and he's got these amazing coloured eyes. I just love them! He's taller than me and he's lanky but it's not like he doesn't have muscles because I'm sure that under his clothes, he's got some muscles." I'd realized my mistake too late because Mel had a smirk on her face.

"Not even a date and you already want to take his clothes off. Tsk, tsk dirty girl." I rolled my eyes and picked up one of her carrots and threw it at her, laughing when it missed and rolled into the hall.

"Throwing food isn't nice." I snorted at her comment because no sooner had she spoken those words, a carrot comes flying at my face.

-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-Spencer/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-

We were on a case which means that we we were leaving in under an hour for who knows how long. I wasn't worried about my apartment or anyone looking after it. I had no pets, no houseplants, I wasn't in a relationship, yet I felt, and this was strange, that I would miss seeing Allie at the coffee shop.

Of everything that I could miss, and it was weird that I felt this way so soon into meeting her. Love, fondness and the sense of missing someone usually, and this is a generalization, doesn't happen until after a few months.

Which brings me back to how strange it felt, knowing that I was going to be missing her. It didn't help of course when she had sent me a text message. It wasn't a simple 'hey' or 'hello' but it was a rambling that brought a small smile to my face. It made me think that she had rambled often, probably when she was nervous, and it was something that we shared. It was a common denominator.

"Reid? Care to join us?" I knew trouble was going to follow this conversation with me and her, because I wanted to reply right away when I knew I had a case.

"The unsub is targeting married, caucasian women in their homes and they are getting in without breaking doors, windows or showing any signs of forced entry. The victims must either know the unsub or feel like the unsub is no threat to them." I tried to stay engaged, but I felt like the text message was burning up my phone.

"We need to find out how he's getting in without being a threat and fairly quickly." Hotch spoke but I knew his gaze was on me and I focused on the case file to try and distract myself from feeling his gaze.

Once we were done talking about the case, and everyone had settled into their own personal things, I took my phone out of my pocket and sent a quick reply, nothing like she sent me. Just told her I was busy on a case and shoved it back in my pocket.

"Hey kid. What's got you so distracted?" Morgan still hadn't talked to Garcia, not like they used to, and it kept him distracted. He really shouldn't be worrying about me.

"Nothing." I cleared my throat and picked up the book I was reading, trying to signal that it was the end of the conversation and to drop it, but because it was Morgan, it would take me to snapping to get him off my back.

"Obviously it is something. Usually you put more than your fair share into the conversation and today you've only said as much as the rest of us. That is strange for you. Now what's going on?" I looked at Morgan and saw him staring at me and I thought it was funny how if we were in highschool or even in college, he'd be the type of guy to shove my head in a urinal, not be concerned.

"It's nothing. Drop it." I wasn't going to tell them that Allie and I were actually talking. They'd make it out to be a bigger deal than it actually was and that's what I didn't need. I didn't know if anything was going to come out of this, and there was a gut feeling that once she actually got to know me, she would lose interest.

'Or worse, she'll blindfold you and leave you naked in a field.'
♠ ♠ ♠
Sorry about the long wait! Didn't realize it was so long! I've just started college so I'll be fairly busy but i'll try to update sooner and more often. Sorry about spelling mistakes as well, I'm typing this up in Mibba and not in Microsoft Word.

Thanks for reading!