Status: In progress

With Love Dr. Spencer Reid...

"I like food."

/././././././././././././././././././././././././././././.

Many a witty inspiration is like the surprising reunion of befriended thoughts after a long separation. - Karl Wilhelm Friedrich Schlegel

/././././././././././././Alli/././././././././././././././././.

I smiled and pulled my jeans up my body, butting them up and zipping them, making sure they were good. Spencer was back yesterday and I couldn't wait to see him. I had text him and asked to meet him later for coffee and maybe just to check up on him. See how his trip and case were and see if he would want to go on a date.

I was excited, even though we had never actually went on a date, I was seriously crushing on Spencer. He was so cute and nerdy and he just made me smile. While we were texting, he would stop for a few minutes and when I would get a text back, it would be a long text explaining some fact or some odd tidbit of information he found interesting.

"Getting ready for Spencer?" My roommate leaned on my doorframe and smiled at me behind a steaming cup of coffee.

"Yes." I smiled and turned, getting a nervous look on my face. I was waiting for approval.

"You look cute. Make sure you wear boots." I nodded and smiled, grabbing my purse from my bed and walked out of my room.

"I'm actually quite nervous. To be told, it's the first time I've been nervous for a date. I really like this guy." I fiddled with the zippers on my boots once I had gotten them on.

"You'll be fine. You should go. You'll be late." I smiled and grabbed my keys, and waved to her before leaving.

It was only a 15 minute drive, if that, but the whole time I was driving, my thoughts were scrambled and I didn't know how I got there without getting into an accident. I'm glad I made it safe though, because when I saw Spencer sitting there reading a book, I blushed and ripped the seat belt off of me and threw the door open.

"Watch it!" I stepped out and apologized to the man I had hit, only apologizing to him as I was jogging towards the entrance.

I stopped at the door and flattened my clothes, opening the door and stepping inside. I made my way to Spencer and when I was standing in front of him, I cleared my throat.

He looked up and when he saw me, he put his book away and stood up. He stared at me for a minute, and to break the silence, I stepped closer and gave him a hug.

"How was your trip?" I felt him hug me back and when I stepped away, he had a slightly red face

"It was long. The case was long." There was awkward silence again.

"Did you catch the bad guy?" Spencer nodded and I watched his adams apple move as he gulped.

"Well you're just a hero aren't you?" I smiled and looked towards the counter and the menu.

"Have you ordered yet?" I was met by a 'no' and then the feeling of his body against mine as he brushed past me. I followed and stood in line behind him. I bit the inside of my lip and thought of what I could possibly say next.

"The Klingon language was first developed by James Doohan, who played Scotty. He devised the languageā€™s basic sound, first few words and phrases." Spencer told me with a grin on his face which caused me to smile.

"Spencer do you want to go out sometime? On a date? We can go to the movies or we can go to dinner or even just sit and talk." I spoke quickly and nervously, despite my roommate giving me a big encouraging speech before I left.

"I like food." I smiled and nodded, feeling relieved. This was good.
♠ ♠ ♠
Sorry for the short chapter :(