Status: Work In Progress

Peekaboo

Bright Night

So the princesses let their savior stay in their castle, giving him a big feast for dinner and a huge bedroom of his own to sleep in, and then another huge feast for breakfast.

Patrick then decided to walk around the beauty of Avondale, trying to get use to his animated self and surroundings. He examined his stick-sword, which was glinting vibrantly in the sunlight while strolling through the cobblestone streets of the kingdom. He wondered how his hockey stick got into the form, but hey, he was animated; anything can seem to happen in this magical kingdom...

Patrick stopped in front of the entrance of the forest where he came from with Ariel. Should I go in? He just shrugged and continued walking into the forest. It was serene with sun rays streaming through the light green tree tops and birds singing their late morning song. Patrick smiled to himself, thinking about how awesome it was to not hear anymore cars honking or people talking...it was just him and the forest--

A loud howling sound sliced through Patrick's thoughts. He was startled, pointing his sword-stick at where the heard the howling coming from.

"What's that?" He snapped.

"Why do I feel so small‽" a familiar voice cried.

"Because you're a dog! Duh!" another familiar voice said.

Patrick lowered his sword-stick with a bewildered look, while staring at where the voices were coming from. "Hello?"

"Shh!! Someone's here!" another voice said, that was also familiar.

"Who are you?" Patrick asked, raising his sword-stick back up.

"Patrick? Is that you?" the third voice asked.

Patrick immediately recognized the voice. "Johnny?"

A bush about ten feet away from Patrick began to shake, like as if it was coming alive.

Patrick stepped back a bit in shock as he saw two of his teammates, Brandon Saad and Jonathan Toews, who were both wearing prince uniforms, come out from the bush. "Tazer! Whoa, you look cool!"

Jonathan looks down at himself. "How do I look cool wearing a prince uniform?"

"No, no, I was talking about how cool you like...animated." Patrick felt his face go red. "It's not everyday you see your teammates animated...right?"

"Yea, and it's not everyday, you turn into a dog!" Patrick heard a voice say.

He recognized it. "Shawzy? Where are you?"

"Down here, next to Tazer."

Patrick looks down, seeing a brownish-grayish dog that looks like the main guy dog from 'Lady and the Tramp.' "Wait, you're a dog?"

"Yes..." Andrew had a bored look.

"Well, that's interesting!"

"What's that you're holding?" Brandon nods his head towards Patrick.

"Oh this?" Patrick holds up his stick-sword. "It used to be my hockey stick...but not anymore."

"Eh, I can see that." Jonathan cocked his head to a side, trying to see the hockey stick in the sword.

"Do you know where we're at? Or how I turned into a dog?" Andrew asked.

"We're in Avondale."

"What the heck is Avondale?"

"A kingdom...that looks like a whole lot like a kingdom you'd find in Disney movies."

"That explains the reason why we're animated," Brandon said.

"Yea...wanna see the kingdom? The princesses are nice." Patrick pointed his thumb behind his back to the direction of the kingdom.

"Are dogs allowed?" Andrew rose his paw in the air.

"I think they would be. C'mon, follow me." Patrick turned around and began heading back to the kingdom with his friends behind him.

He showed them the village near the castle and then led them into the castle in the evening. Their eyes were filled with awe as they saw how huge the inside of the castle was like.

"Oh, who did you bring along?" Ariel asked as she entered the main room of the castle where the Blackhawks were standing in.

"Right, manners." Patrick slid over next to Jonathan. "These are some of my teammates from Chicago. This is Brandon Saad." He leaned over forward and pointed to Brandon. "And this is Andrew Shaw..." He pointed to the brown dog. "Apparently, he somehow turned into a dog when he landed here, but he's actually a human."

"The weirdest part is that he can still talk," Jonathan added.

"Shut up," Andrew snapped.

"Heh, heh, and this is Jonathan Toews, the captain of our team." Patrick wrapped his arm around Jonathan's shoulder.

Ariel gasped. "So you're Jonathan Toews!"

"Um, yes, I am..."

"You're the one that the Prophecy said would save Avondale!" Amy exclaimed, rushing into the room, next to Ariel.

"What--me?" Jonathan made a confused look while pointing to himself.

"But that's already taken care of; Patrick's now the one that's gonna save the kingdom!" Ariel smiled at Patrick.

"Wait, save the kingdom from what?" Brandon asks.

"Save it from Lord Nemo! He wants to take over it!" Amy raised her hands in the air.

"You guys can be Patrick's sidekicks! You'll do good!" Ariel clapped her hands a bit.

"I'm gonna be your sidekick?" Jonathan eyed Patrick. "This is the first."

"Hey, it's about time I'm the leader. My turn, Tazer" Patrick told his friend.

"Fine." Jonathan shrugged.

"How the heck can a dog be a sidekick?" Andrew looked at himself oddly in the reflection of the beautifully polished tile floor.

"Come on, Shawzy, a snowman was a sidekick in a Disney movie for goodness sakes!"
Jonathan waved his hands in the air. "If a snowman's a sidekick, you can surely be one!!!"

"Eh, yea." Andrew scratched behind one of his floppy ears with his paw.

Ariel faced Patrick. "Great! Now I need to tell you how to get to Lord Nemo!" She turned to Amy. "Amy, would give a tour to these lovely gentlemen..."

"Cool, she still thinks that I'm a person." Andrew nodded his head.

"...and to the dog?" Ariel finished.

"Dang it!" Andrew covered his eyes with his paw.

"Sure! C'mon, guys!" Amy sashayed out of the room with the three Blackhawks following her.

"Let's go outside to talk about his stuff," Ariel told Patrick.

"Alright, let's go."

The sky was orange on the horizon, fading into purple and dark night blue. The warm breeze pulled the trees above Ariel and Patrick gently, letting leaves twirl onto the ground. They were sitting on a bench, talking about how to get to this Lord Nemo.

"In order to save Avondale, you must go to Lord Nemo and defeat him. He is always in his lair, which is far away from here beyond those mountains." Ariel pointed to the mountain range that stood off miles and miles away from them. "There will be dangers and perils while getting to him, but I know that you can make it there. You are no accident coming here first, Patrick, even though you weren't who we were looking for." She turned to him and held his hands. "I know that you will fulfill the Prophecy and save Avondale from being taken over."

"Wow, thanks..." Patrick smirked. "That's a lot of trust you're putting in me."

"Oh, yes, the whole fate of Avondale is in your hands. But you won't have to do this alone; the princesses and I will be by your side and so are your friends who are here."

"That's good to know."

"It is good to know that the kingdom has hope. Finally, some relief." She giggled a bit.

"Whoa, look over there!" Patrick pointed to the sky.

A shooting star streaked across the dark sky, leaving it's vibrant, white trail behind for a bit.

"It's so beautiful!" Ariel said in awe.

"Make a wish! Make a wish!"

"Oh right..." Ariel closed her eyes for a moment, then opened them up. "I think I made it in time."

"I gotta tell you one thing, Avondale is a beautiful kingdom... With beautiful princesses..."

A guitar began to strum slowly in the backyard as Ariel smiled at Patrick; she began to sing:
"Look at how beautiful a kingdom in the night can be,
But it's sad to see that there's trouble dwelling in these majesties.
But finally for sure, we will be-e saved,
Because of you, because you came along." She held both of Patrick's hands, gazing into his eyes.
"Oh, night bright,
Bright night,
We don't need to close our eyes to dream." Ariel looked up at the starry night.
"Oh, night bright,
Oh, bright night,
Oh, with you, we can finally be free!"

Patrick suddenly got a feeling to sing, so he did, building up confidence while singing:
"I never knew a world like this could ever existed..." He looked out at the scenery around them.
"Lake water so clear, nothing seems twisted.
But I will do anything to save,
This kingdom from going into its grave!"

Then Ariel joined him happily:
"Oh, night bright,
Bright night."

Patrick then sang alone:
We don't need to close our eyes to dream.

Ariel joined him again:
Oh, night bright,
Oh, bight night,

Then it was Ariel's turn to sing solo:
With you, we can finally be free!

Patrick sang the last sentence with her, looking deeply into her eyes:
"Oh, with you, we can finally be free..."

Patrick leaned close to Ariel and kissed her lightly. They pulled apart, giggling.

"And this is how you do business?" Andrew's voice called out.

They looked underneath, seeing Andrew laying underneath the bench they were sitting in.

"Get outta here, you dog!" Patrick snapped playfully.

"Geez, fine..." Andrew scooted out from the bench and stands on his four paws.

"Just because you're a dog doesn't mean you're a spy. Now go back into the castle." Patrick pointed to the direction of the castle

"Darn it, I thought you would never find me here..." Andrew trots away back to the castle.

"I think we should head back as well," Ariel said standing up.

Patrick stands up. "Okay, I'm coming with you."

Then they headed back into the castle.
♠ ♠ ♠
Yay! More players are in Avondale! :DDD And yes, that song is made by me, so don't touch it! Don't... Thank you. Well, I hope you're enjoying this awesome, very unique story so far! 8DDD (Best part is that it's animated ;)
I shall go now!
BYEEEE!!!