Status: I will try my best to also follow the shows story but I also like going my own path as well. I do hope you enjoy and I would love feedback. Maybe even feedback on the title because I'll be honest. Nothing came to mind at the moment ^^

The CEO's Assistant

Chapter One: The Blue Eyed CEO

Kiandra sighed as she stared up cautiously at the tall building before her. Kaiba Corp. One of the most well-known companies in the world. Here, she was standing before it. “I can’t do this”, she choked, taking a few steps back. “Oh no you don’t! This is your big chance”, her best friend of 8 years pushed her forward.

Lucinda and Kiandra came from the states but wanted to build a new life and promised they would go together and help each other go for their dreams. “We moved all this way for us to make it big, you can’t back out now”, she argued.

She was right. It was already a huge step to move all the way to Japan, a new country, she couldn’t flake out now. “Ok, ok. I’ll do this”, Kiandra puffed out her chest and walked through the double glass doors. Lucinda sat in the waiting room as Kiandra nervously made her way to a woman that was typing away at a keyboard fiercely.

She didn’t even notice her until Kiandra cleared her throat. The woman was possibly in her early 40s but she was gorgeous, she could easily pass for a 30 year old. She fixed her auburn curled hair and pulled her reading glasses off so Kiandra could clearly see her hazel green eyes.

At first the woman was annoyed but her face soften after she could see the panic in Kiandra’s eyes. “I’m sorry dear, a bit flustered today with all the work that’s been piled on me. My name’s Kyoko. What do you need today?” She gave her a dazzling smile. Kiandra sighed in relief, knowing this was a real smile and not a fake one like most people do that work in fancy buildings like this.

“Well, I-I wanted to…” Kiandra paused a moment to gaze back at her friend. Lucinda only gestured her to keep going. Kiandra turned around again and continued, “I wanted to apply for a job here. There was an opening for a sort of secretary? I wasn’t quit understanding the position but with what I could understand it was something I was interested in”.

The woman looked skeptical at first but then had an ‘O’ face when it hit her. She leaned over her desk slightly causing Kiandra to lean in as well, “You’ll be an assistant to Mr. Kaiba’s assistant and his assistant is…a tough cookie. Are you sure…you want that position honey?” Her face seemed a bit concerned.

This caused doubt in her heart about the position but she firmly nodded her head. “Very well. You will take the elevator to the top floor, there you will wait in the waiting room before these wooden double doors. Wait until you are called, I will put you in the system now”.

Kiandra gave a smile, handing her the paper work for her application. She turned to Lucinda who gave her a thumbs up before she slipped into the silver elevator. She stood there silently as the constant beeps telling her how much closer she was to her interview. Each beep causing her to lose her nerve about the whole situation.

“No, you must be brave Kia” She reassured herself. She was more timid and shy since she can remember. She can be strong when she has to be but she only could feel brave when Lucinda was with her. Her best friend was complete opposite of her. Brave, outgoing and will speak her mind when need be. She was a go getter. Kiandra on the other hand, was more of an ‘I’ll stay in this nice safe corner and watch from afar’.

This time Lucinda wasn’t going to be there for her. She may be downstairs but that was it. ‘Breath’ she thought to herself as the silver doors slowly opened to a rather crowded room. “Oh no” she mumbled when she found about twenty beautiful women and about a couple guys that definitely rooted for the same team.

Everyone’s eyes averted to her, hearing the elevators ding of arrival. She shifted in her position and waved timidly, scurrying to the next available seat. A few moments later everyone had lost interest in the new arrival, seeing no kind of threat admitting off her.

Minutes seemed like hours as she waited, listening to name after name be called. Either girls ran out crying or pissed as hell. One was actual escorted out by security. Kiandra licked her dry lips, her fingers fiddling with one another. “Kiandra Heart”. “H-here” she announced but it had sounded more like a yelp.

She quickly stood up and gazed at the young woman who had called her name. She was drop dead gorgeous, straight out of a magazine. Long flowing golden locks, flawless skin and emerald eyes that shined brightly underneath the florescent lights.

This didn’t help Kiandra’s confidence. All these women were absolutely beautiful but her. She had flat dark brown layered hair that reached her shoulders. Feathered bangs that slightly covered her left eye, underneath those bangs were very dark blue orbs. They may have been the color of the sea but they didn’t shine as stunningly as them. She cleared her throat and swiftly made her way to the woman, she only ushered her in but not after giving her a cold glance.

‘Kia, what did you get yourself into?’ She thought to herself. Suddenly her breath was caught in her throat once she saw who was at the desk ahead of her. THE Seto Kaiba was sitting at a desk with glass windows acting as walls behind him, showing off the amazing city of Domino. The woman had to push Kiandra to her seat, forcing her to sit down.

She was now only a couple feet away from Kaiba and his icy glare didn’t help her nervousness. “Today you will have the honor of being interviewed by Mr. Kaiba himself. My name is Marilynn, Mr. Kaiba’s top assistant. You do know you are interviewing to be the second assistant right?” Her voice was professional but held the same stuck up attitude as a head cheerleaders.

Kiandra nodded. “A voiced answer will be appreciated” Kaiba suddenly spoke causing the poor girl to jump. “Yes, sir...and mam’. Marilynn gave a smirk as she took her side next to Kaiba. He shuffled through papers as he sighed, “You come from the states, graduating high school and community college with a 4.0 and honors….at least I’m talking to someone with a brain. Yet you never tried to attend a university or institute. Why is that?” Kaiba then stared directly into her eyes causing her to fidget. She tried hard not to show her nervousness but it was a lot more difficult than she thought.

“I-I” She cleared her throat, ‘don’t stutter you dummy!’ She yelled at herself. She sat up straight and stared between his eyes, in hopes to give the illusion that she was staring into his eyes. “I was asked to attend one but I had refused since I felt I wouldn’t be able to move up where I lived. I had to move far, somewhere I could bloom, such as here”.

She smiled softly, ‘Doing great!’ She cheered inside but tried not to celebrate after seeing that Kaiba was still unimpressed. “That’s a pretty far move just to ‘bloom’” “Well, you must make sacrifices and big decisions to be able to” She replied back, giving him no time to think more into it.

She was finding this new strength of confidence, she didn’t know where it was coming from but she held onto it dearly. She needed to or she would explode by the anxiety waiting underneath. Kaiba leaned back into his chair, “That’s all, send in the next one”. Kiandra’s heart shattered, the confidence she did have shattered with it. But she fought back the tears, stood up and offered her hand.

“Thank you for your time Mr. Kaiba” she calmly spoke, careful not to choke on the tears that wanted to well up. His brow slightly raised up, glancing to the hand she was offering, to her eyes that started to glisten. He took it and shook it firmly, “No, thank you”. It was faint but she could have sworn a small smirk play on his lips as Marilynn gestured her out.
♠ ♠ ♠
I do wish I could make these pages nicer. Like decorate them like everyone else. If anyone knows how to do so, please let me know. I would like my stories to look nicer, more appealing.