Status: I will try my best to also follow the shows story but I also like going my own path as well. I do hope you enjoy and I would love feedback. Maybe even feedback on the title because I'll be honest. Nothing came to mind at the moment ^^

The CEO's Assistant

Chapter Ten: New Friends

8am rolled around quicker than Kiandra had expected. Her alarm screaming for her to get out of bed. She groaned, she felt exhausted but luckily no feeling of a hangover. She rolled out of bed, shedding her clothes from yesterday and jumping into the shower. She instantly woke up, sighing in content of the warm water hitting her cold skin. The events of last night came back to her as she shivered.

Kaiba’s words also rang through her mind. Was he kidding? If he wasn’t then what did he want? She only hoped that Kaiba wasn’t one of those disgusting bosses. Kiandra already thought that Kaiba and Marilynn were at it. “Agh” She stuck her tongue out in disgust. After a few moments in the shower, she stepped out into the steamy room. She dried herself out, walking into her bedroom to pick out what she’d wear today.

http://www.polyvore.com/cgi/set?id=131293111 (Kiandra's Outfit for the day)

A simple pear of dark blue jeans, black boots that went over the jeans and a black blouse with lace over the upper part of the chest. Kiandra went to check on Lucinda and found her still passed out, sprawled on the bed with covers kicked off. She giggled softly to herself as she closed Lucinda’s door. “I’ll just leave a note” she said to herself, pulling out a sticky note and posting it on the fridge. ‘Out with friends, see you later’.

Kiandra had found herself in front of an arcade that was bustling with kids and teens. “Kia! You made it” A familiar voice shouted behind her. She turned to find Joey running up to her with a smile, followed by three other people.

“Kiandra, I’d like you to meet my friends. Tristen Taylor” He gestured to a tall man with pointy brown hair and brown eyes. He smiled, giving a small wave, “Tea Gardner” now pointing to a girl with short brown hair and blue eyes, “It’s nice to meet you” she cheerfully said. Joey continued, “And this is my best pal, Yugi Muto”.

Her eyes transferred from Tea to a small young boy with multi-colored spiked hair and violet eyes. She blushed, he was a cute kid even though he was a lot shorter than she was. Yugi was about 5’4 while Kiandra was 5’8. “It’s nice to meet you all” She smiled, tilting her head to the side.

Yugi stepped up, offering his hand “it’s nice to meet you Kiandra. Joey has talked a lot about you”. “Oh he has now?” She giggled, looking passed Yugi to a bashful Joey.

“Hey guys sorry I’m late!” Another voice shouted from behind as Kiandra turned to see none other than Duke Devlin. “It’s you!” They both said in unison when Duke was a few feet away. “You met her already?” Joey asked, a bit annoyed. Duke nodded with a charming smile “It’s good to see you again Kiandra. How is Lucy?” “She’s good. Still passed out when I left this morning, too much to drink, I suppose” she smiled, trying not to remember last night’s events.

“Come on, enough with the reunion already! We gotta show Kia the card shop” Joey interrupted, obviously not very happy that Duke was already becoming buddy buddy with Kiandra. They all agreed, leading the way as Kiandra got to know Yugi since Joey and Duke were bickering and Tristen and Tea were trying to break it up.

“Joey says you had moved here not too long ago from the states. That must have been a big step for you” Yugi spoke sympathetically. She smiled in reassurance, “It was but it was the step I needed. I didn’t feel like I belonged in California. I couldn’t progress to my full potential there. Not even other states would have made me feel at home. But now that I’ve been here I’ve never been happier”. Yugi smiled along with her.

A bell rang when the group walked through the shop’s door. An old man walked out with a broom, giving them a welcoming smile. “I was wondering when you’d be here” He said, coming out around the counter which held all sorts of Duel Monster cards.

“Hi Grandpa!” Yugi greeted happily along with everyone else.

“Who’s your new friend?” The man asked with a gentle smile. She returned the smile and blushed shyly, “My name is Kiandra Heart. They are nice enough to show me around the city since I’m new”. “It’s nice to meet you. You can call me grandpa and you are welcomed here anytime”. She bowed her head in gratitude.

Grandpa had gone off to finish some of his daily chores as she followed everyone up to Yugi’s room to plan the day out.

“We could show her the arcade” Joey suggested but was shot down by Tea. “You always suggest the arcade. How about the museum” she smiled to Kiandra as if expecting an answer. She did love museum as much as she loved arcades so that was a hard choice. Before she could answer there were suggestions thrown every.

Duke suggested on going to his shop to show Kiandra of his creation of Dice Monsters which sounded very nice. Tristen even suggested the mall which sounded reasonable knowing there would be all sorts of stores to see.

It was then decided. The mall won the vote as Joey pouted, Kiandra patting his back with a small smile. He smiled back, “Well, at least there’s ice-cream there!” They all laughed as they left the card shop after saying goodbye to grandpa. A small conversation struck up as the gang started to ask question about Kiandra’s life.

“Where did you live in the states again?” Tea asked, sincerely curious about her other life style. “I lived in California. I lived on the outskirts of Hollywood actually” She simply stated, she didn’t want to get too far into her life unless asked. Even then she was the type to keep things to herself.

“Wow! Did you ever see any celebrities?” Tea started to walk side by side with Kiandra, her eyes gleaming with amazement. She shyly laughed, scratching the back of her head “Actually a few. Never met them but there would be times I’d be walking in some mall and there they were with paparazzi all over them again”.

The group hang on her every word it seemed. Questions about her schools there and how life was really like. Kiandra began to explain how different it was in Domino but it didn’t feel out of place.
“You won’t believe who she’s stuck working for now that she’s moved all the way here” Duke suddenly blurted out, a small smirk on his face. It wasn’t one of those mischievous smirks.

He just knew his friends would freak by the mere mention of the man’s name. “Who’s that?” Yugi asked. Duke turned his head partially to the side for everyone to hear since he was near the front of the group. “She’s working as Seto Kaiba’s second assistant”.

It seemed that time stopped for all of them and then suddenly, “WHAT!” They all looked at Kiandra. Some with shock and some with a look of sympathy. “I can’t believe you are stuck with money bags!” Joey growled. “Yeah, to be honest you are way too nice to be bossed around by him” Yugi chirped in. Kiandra waved her hands in front of her, feeling a bit overwhelmed “He’s not so bad. A bit rough around the edges…and actually a bit intimidating but he has his moments” She smiled.

The group appeared to be dumbfounded. “Just be careful around him. We’ve dealt with him before. He’s ruthless to get what he wants” Tristen jumped in with a slight glare. Kiandra was a bit taken back by how much this group cared about her in such short amount of time. “We shouldn’t talk about her work. She probably deals with so much crap from Kaiba. We need to focus on having fun at the mall” Tea stated, linking arms with Kiandra. Everyone cheered in agreement as they continued on.

Something told Kiandra she was going to be just fine in Domino. Just fine indeed.