Status: I will try my best to also follow the shows story but I also like going my own path as well. I do hope you enjoy and I would love feedback. Maybe even feedback on the title because I'll be honest. Nothing came to mind at the moment ^^

The CEO's Assistant

Chapter Fourteen: Men

Kaiba searched everywhere and couldn’t find either Kiandra or Mokuba. Each step his patients was wearing thin since his guests were waiting to leave. Derek had asked to say farewell to Kiandra which annoyed Kaiba to no end. He didn’t understand why though, maybe he was tired of that brat being in his house any longer or maybe the fact he was all over his assistant.

He growled towards his own thoughts as he stormed through each hall till finally he found the pair walking down the hall toward him. He didn’t bother to notice Kiandra quickly hiding something behind her back. “Where have you two been?” He snarled while Kiandra began to stutter, “I-I…” “Sorry big brother. I dragged Kiandra to see the game room. She thought it was best to stay where we were but I was so bored!” Mokuba jumped in.

Kiandra silently thanked him. Kaiba seemed to cool down but his glare still burned into their souls, “Fine. Kiandra we must say goodbye to our guests. Derek requested you” He snorted the last sentence as he turned on his heels and walked off. Kiandra quickly said goodbye to Mokuba before rushing to catch up with him.

Derek’s smile brightened when Kiandra came to view. She walked as graceful as she could since her heels were starting to hurt with each step. “I am glad you did not run off. I was afraid I wouldn’t see that angelic face of yours before I left” Derek spoke with this smooth rich tone in his voice. She almost melted when he took her hand, kissing it lightly. His lips were smooth and cold but yet refreshing.

Kaiba kept his cool but he couldn’t help but ball his fists at the sight. John chuckled proudly, “My son the charmer. Takes after his old man. My charm was how I got your mother to marry me”. As the man laughed both Derek’s and Kiandra’s face reddened yet his faded faster than hers, replacing with a charming smile. “I could hope for the best” was what he cooed before turning to walk out the door with his father.

John left first before Derek turned to give one last smile to her and a quick glare toward Kaiba. The doors closed as Kaiba let out a deep growl, “He’s nothing but a prick”. Kiandra’s face was still red and unfortunately Kaiba had noticed. “Don’t tell me you like him!” His voice had become deep and raspy as Kiandra jumped a bit. “W-what! No…no way. He’s way out of my league” She waved her hands in front of herself, laughing nervously and turning more red by the minute. Not so much of the thought of Derek but how each word Kaiba said he was getting closer.

“You’re a terrible liar” he scuffed and his frown turned into a small smirk. This wasn’t looking good for her, “Well…isn’t that a good thing?” She stepped back a couple feet, only to be pursued by Kaiba. Before she could step any further, he had grabbed her wrist, pulling her towards him. As he locked eyes with her she had completely lost her breath.

Her words choked in her throat, her body trembled. She wasn’t use to men touching her at all and now it was her boss! She felt her cheeks burn, probably even more red than when Derek had kissed her hand. Kaiba rubbed his thumb across the place where Derek had kissed her, as if taking off any traces of him. His smirked widened as if finding out what he wanted to know and stepped back. “I wouldn’t get anymore close to him” Kaiba spoke calmly as he turned, “The limo is waiting out in front to take you home”.

She growled though it sounded a bit pathetic since it was hard for her to look angry. She sighed when Kaiba was out of sight. The moment she left the house and slid into the limo she pulled out the deck she was hiding in her dress. Thankfully the case of cards never slid out or something. She would have been busted quicker than she would have expected. As the limo drove her home she looked through her cards, hardly believing she was to become a duelist. Her father always did want her to learn and compete in competitions but she was so focus on her school that she never had the chance.

A moment of guilt washed over her. If she would have known her father was to pass on so early she would have taken the chance. Maybe all he wanted to do was bond with her by playing duel monsters together. A single tear made its way down her cheek as she wiped it away. “Maybe I will do this for sure. Especially for you dad. It was your passion before, you treated your cards like you would with a loyal companion. Then I will do the same. I’ll put my heart and soul into this tournament” She spoke softly to herself, gripping her deck to her chest.

Her eyes gazed up with determination and a small smile. “Maybe me having a whole new look will help me have more confidence than I do now” she thought to herself as the limo slowed in front of her apartment complex. She thanked the driver as she walked bare foot to her apartment, no longer taking the pain from those horrid things. She opened the door to find Lucinda watching TV and turning her head to the door only to go all bug eyed.

“Why are you so hot right now?” She yelled, turning so she was sitting up on her knees. Kiandra gave her the expression of ‘really’ and sighed, throwing the heels to the side. “Kaiba asked for a favor to pick up two big shots. Then I had dinner with them all. Kaiba sent me this outfit to wear for them which is terrible. I’m not a Barbie!” But Lucinda wasn’t completely listening as she suddenly poked one of Kiandra’s breast. “Wow, I’d hit this” she murmured as Kiandra’s face went red, slapping her hand away. “Are you listening!”

“I am, I just can’t get over how hot you look. Not that you don’t look awesome in your gothic attire sometimes but this is a whole new ball game! Maybe Kaiba is finally trying to hit on you” Lucinda snickered. She sighed in frustration at her friend. “Well anyways, other than that I suppose I’m joining a duelist tournament” Kiandra confessed like it was nothing. “Are you serious? You don’t even have a- oh” Luncinda was caught off by Kiandra holding up a deck.

“Mokuba helped me make one but get this. During the whole tournament I’ll be wearing a wig and contact lenses. Also I’ll be known as Aquadellea. If Kaiba knows he won’t let me join. Besides he probably wouldn’t let me join anyways since only invitations are allowed to. So Mokuba pulled a couple strings and did this” Kiandra flopped down on the couch as Lucinda sat next to her. “Are you sure you are ready for this?”

She thought for a moment. As determined she was about all this she still had doubts. It would be embarrassing to lose right at the beginning. “I may have my doubts but I think I’m ready. I know it’s what my dad would have wanted me to do. He would be cheering me on right now, draining all my doubts away. I’m not doing this just for myself but for him” She smiled to her friend as Lucy hugged her. “Then I’ll cheer you on every step of the way!”

They laughed and spent the rest of whatever time they had talking about the dinner and how hot Derek Singleton was. “So when is this tournament?” Lucinda yelled from her room, getting ready for bed. “I’m not sure, Mokuba said he’d let me know tomorrow or Monday. He’s guessing next week but knowing Kaiba he may be too anxious to wait since he so badly wants to beat Yugi”.

“Men!” Lucinda laughed out loud as they both finished getting ready. “What will you be doing tomorrow?” Lucinda asked curiously. Kiandra had to give it some thought but shrugged, “I don’t know really. I may go over my deck so at least I can know how the monsters play before learning the rules. Mokuba gave me his phone number too. He said he’d give me a call either way” “a 13 year old has a phone…”

Kiandra only shrugged.