Status: I will try my best to also follow the shows story but I also like going my own path as well. I do hope you enjoy and I would love feedback. Maybe even feedback on the title because I'll be honest. Nothing came to mind at the moment ^^

The CEO's Assistant

Chapter Nineteen: Desire

“Hey…hey…wake up!” Kiandra was suddenly faced with the floor. She gazed up to find Lucinda had a small smirk playing on her lips. She was out when Kiandra had come back home from Yugi’s and must have passed out the moment she hit the couch.

“What time is it?” Kiandra asked, still in a daze. Lucinda appeared to be in PJ’s as she shoved her phone in Kiandra’s face, “its 7:30am. Shouldn’t you be going to work?” Kiandra’s face fell in horror, “What!” She jolted up, running to her room and quickly changing into her work clothes. “Was I really asleep all night on the couch?” Kiandra shouted from her room as she hopped out, trying to slip on her other heel.

Lucinda pursed her lips, “Yeah…sorry. I should have woken you up, but you looked so exhausted and I assumed you had your alarm for work set”. Kiandra gave Luncinda’s arm a couple of assuring rubs as she grabbed a piece of fruit from the counter, “It’s not your fault. I probably needed it but now I have to rush to work. Usually I’d be there by now” “If you leave now you’ll be there 5 or 10 minutes before your shift” Lucinda replied.

“Let’s hope” Kiandra said, running out the door.

Kiandra’s heels clicked along the sidewalk as her mind raced. First off, she wasn’t able to text Joey like she hoped to. She didn’t count on sleeping for so long and second, she knew she had to face Kaiba today. Yay.

****

Two trips face first to the cement, four car horns later, she had arrived to the office in somewhat good condition. Her hair was a bit of a mess, a small patch of scraped skin on her cheek, which would heal within a day for sure. Kiandra’s outfit just needed a bit of adjusting but other than that she was alive and on time.

“What happened?” Kyoko suddenly shouted, freezing everything she was currently doing and rushing to Kiandra’s side. “I woke up late, rushing just made me trip a couple times is all” She smiled, pleased to see Kyoko’s worried features. Even though it’s only been two days, she’s missed her. “Oh dear, here. Let me get some cream and a band aid. Once you get to your desk I want you to patch it up” Kyoko ordered as she quickly made her way around her desk and grabbing a couple items from a first aid kit she had.

“Ready for anything aren’t you?” Kiandra giggled, taking the items when Kyoko reached over her desk to hand them over. “I am the receptionist, I must be prepared for anything that walks through the door, no?” She replied with that motherly smile of hers. Kiandra instantly felt better than she had 28 minutes ago. “I better get a move on. I’ll see you at lunch Kyoko!” Kiandra called out, rushing to the elevator and pressing the buttons like a mad man. Deep inside it felt the elevator would move faster if she did so.

Just as 8am hit, the elevator doors opened, she clocked in and finally was able to walk at a normal speed to her desk. As she passed most workers greeted her. Kiandra became well respected by most, if she didn’t have work to do she helped others in case they were overloaded with something. She didn’t mind since a couple of them had helped her when they saw she was having trouble and Marilynn refused to help.

“About time you got here” speaking of the succubus, Marilynn stood in front of her desk, arms crossed and right foot tapping. “You need to get started on correcting these documents and making sure they are well in order. Also Mr. Kaiba isn’t in yet, but once he is we are having a meeting and when I say we, I mean me and him” ‘Him and I, moron’ Kiandra thought to herself as she tried to block out whatever else Marilynn tried to force her to do.

Sooner or later, she was going to be fed up with doing all of her work for her, but nothing could be done now. If Marilynn and Kaiba were really hitting it, then Kiandra would be shit out of luck. The moment Kiandra sat down, piles of paperwork were plopped on her desk, but she ignored them while she applied the medical cream on her wound, after she had cleaned it with some water from her water bottle she brought from home.

After she had applied the cream she taped on the tan squared band aid. Once it was secure she smiled, the medical cream felt great as it cooled the searing skin that was almost scratched off. Marilynn made a disgusted sound once she saw the bandage but Kiandra brushed it off as she got to work, failing to hear the elevator doors opening. “Mr. Kaiba, Goodmorning” Marilynn spoke sweetly fixing her new revealing outfit. Her breasts were surely making their way out of her top.

Kaiba had completely ignored her as he stepped in front of Kiandra’s desk, she was so focused in reading the documents in front of her. Kaiba smirked but soon fell when he caught glimpse of the band aid now patched on her pale skin. “Ms. Heart” Kaiba spoke roughly, causing her to jump. Her dark blue orbs gazed up but then froze. She stuttered has she gathered the documents to appear neater upon her desk, “M-Mr. Kaiba, g-g-goodmorning”.

This always amused him, she never showed fear when she stuttered. “Come see me in my office” he said, unlocking his office and going inside. Marilynn was fuming and before Kiandra could walk inside, the hand that was reaching for the door was grabbed harshly. “If you so much as touch him, I’ll make another scratch on the other cheek” She hissed. Kiandra blood boiled, the shyness was slowly melting as her glare became fiercer.

Usually she wasn’t capable at producing such a glare, but she was tired of it. “I’m sorry. I don’t give two shits about you or Mr. Kaiba. He is my boss, nothing more, nothing less. If you threatened me one more time, I will not hesitate to take drastic measures with you” Kiandra hissed back, walking into Kaiba’s office. Marilynn was both shocked and furious as the doors shut in her face.

Kiandra didn’t realize she was still glaring and her face flushed from anger. Kaiba was a bit surprised seeing her face, “take a seat” was all he ordered. He watched as her face suddenly shifted back to the shy girl he knew. ‘What in the world happened?’ He thought to himself as she took a seat.

Kiandra didn’t dare make eye contact as the images of yesterday morning came to mind. Why did she run? She only made it worse for herself, looking like such a coward. “What happened to your cheek?” Kaiba suddenly spoke up, snapping her out of her thoughts. “Um…” She reached up, tracing the bandage with her finger tips, “I woke up late so I ran and ended up tripping. I pretty much went face first into the cement” She mumbled the last sentence. She felt like an utter klutz.

He raised an eyebrow, placing his elbows on the desk and folding his hands together, his chin resting on them. “You tripped?” He questioned, a smirk slowly rising on his lips. Kiandra nodded, her embarrassment was never ending. Her cheeks now burned red.

At that moment Kaiba wanted something. Something that is usually easy for him to ignore but now it burned within him. Seeing her blush. Seeing her helpless under his gaze. He wanted to grab her over the desk and- “Mr. K-Kaiba” Kiandra interrupted his thoughts, his gaze now locking with hers.

“Did you call me in here for anything else?” She asked, trying desperately to change the subject. Kaiba sighed, really wondering if he should apologize about yesterday. He realized what he had done after and actually felt guilty. By the way she acted, it had seemed like she never had been touched by anyone.

“That was all, you can go” Kaiba huffed, booting up his laptop to seem busy. He heard Kiandra walk to the door and stop but he didn’t dare look up. The door closed behind her as he sighed, burying his face in his hands. What was really going on with him?