Status: I will try my best to also follow the shows story but I also like going my own path as well. I do hope you enjoy and I would love feedback. Maybe even feedback on the title because I'll be honest. Nothing came to mind at the moment ^^

The CEO's Assistant

Chapter Two: Savior

Kiandra waited until the elevator doors to close for her tears to stream down. This was her top dream and it got shot down. Of course she can try again as something smaller and work her way up but it still had crushed her badly. How easily she was denied. The doors opened as she swiftly walked out. The bright smile on Lucinda’s face fell to despair when she saw Kiandra’s reddened eyes. She rushed to comfort her friend. Kiandra could hear Kyoko on the phone. As she was about to leave Kyoko shouted out, “Honey wait!”

She scurried around the counter, with her heels clicking against the marble floor. She struggled to rush with her pencil skirt but she had a cheerful smile plastered on her face. “Kiandra, Mr. Kaiba just called me. He wanted me to catch you before you left to let you know you got the job”. A mixed of confusion and excitement twisted in her features. She wasn’t sure on how to react, but she felt a sense of comfort seeing the joyful look across Kyoko’s face.

“B-but how? He called for the next person” Kiandra stuttered out, of course she was happy but she didn’t know how she got the job, the interview was so short.

A soft chuckle hummed in Kyoko’s throat, “Honey, I have been with this company since Mr. Kaiba was first brought here as a kid. Since he had taken control of Kaiba Corp he tests his future employees. You passed with flying colors. Instead of taking the rejection harshly in front of him, you simply shook his hand and thanked him, at least that’s what he told me. With doing that you proved that you can take the punches. He wants tough employees that can take punches and still stand right back up and keep going”.

“Kiandra, you should be happy you got the job” Lucinda spoke, rubbing her arm soothingly. Kiandra wiped the rest of the stray tears that threatened to fall and smiled, “I am happy! But I’m not as strong as he thinks I am”.

Kyoko dug into her jacket pocket and pulled out a card, “Kiandra, you seem like a wonderful young girl. I want you to have my card, it has my number and email if you have any questions or worries. For now tomorrow you will start at 8am. You will just go to the top floor again and it will look different. They needed to take away all the desks and cubicles for the waiting room. You’ll see when you get there. Marilynn should be there to show you to your new desk”. With that Kyoko gently gripped her hand and placed the business card in her hand.

She smiled once more before heading back to her desk when she heard the phone ringing like a maniac. Kiandra and Lucinda walked out and screamed with joy, hugging each other. Everything was coming together for them. Just recently Lucinda got the job in hosting in duel tournaments, which she had dreamed for. Better her than Kiandra anyways, she would freeze at such a crowd.

“Let’s go back home” Lucinda suggested, yawning. It had been a long day for the both of them. Kiandra nodded and linked arms with Lucinda, “by the way, you should date your boss”. Lucinda earned a jab in the ribs.

****

Beep, Beep, Beep. Kiandra grumbled by the nuisance called her alarm clock. She slammed her hand upon the screaming machine to silence it until the next morning. 5am, yes that seemed a bit crazy to wake up so early but she had that sort of anxiety about being late. It was a habit to show up an hour or two early to almost everything.

She pulled herself out of her warm bed that only pleaded her to come back but she refused the calls, dragging herself to the bathroom. She took a quick wake up shower and went on with the rest of her morning routine.

http://www.polyvore.com/cgi/set?id=131289606 (Kiandra's Outfit for today)

She left her room, closing the door and made her way to the kitchen.
The apartment they got was actually comfortable. They found a two bedroom apartment, even though still small, it was comfortable for the both to live in, since they would be working most of the time anyway.

She made herself a small bowl of cereal, switching on the news on TV as she sank into the couch. It was only 5:35am, she decided to watch the news and eat for the next half hour before she starts her walk to work. “Kiandra…too fucking early” a zombie like Lucinda walked out of her room to get some cereal. Though she missed her bowl several times with both the cereal and milk. What a mess. She plopped herself next to Kiandra, trying to eat while her eye lids were half open.

Kiandra only giggled, “You didn’t have to get up so early, you don’t start your first day until tomorrow” “Idomcar” Lucinda mumbled taking another bite of her breakfast. Kiandra shook her head, she continued to watch the weather making a mental note to bring a jacket and umbrella for good chance of rain.

“Time for me to head out” Kiandra announced, taking Lucinda’s bowl along with her own. “Hey…not done yet” “Yes you are” with that she could hear Lucinda’s soft snoring.

She cleaned up, grabbing her coat and umbrella as she made her way outside. The dark clouds started to roll in, morning light trying desperately to show through them but it had only gave the day a more eerie look. She didn’t mind, she loved mornings like these, she wasn’t a sun or summer person anyways. Thank goodness it was fall. She shoved her head phones into her ears, flipping on a more pick me up song for the day.

The walk would take around between 20 to 40 min. She wasn’t sure, she was only estimating from where her apartment was from work. She wasn’t exactly sure how the traffic was or even how long it takes for street lights to change out here. The streets were getting more crowded by the step.

As Kiandra heading further into the city, the more people that were crowding around going about their busy day. She actually wasn’t for the city life but it was her only way to get a good job.

She has been interested in technology, especially Kaiba corps and their focus on the dueling game. She loved all sort of games, you could call her a nerd or even a gamer but the only thing she hadn’t tried yet was duel monsters. She’s held the cards before and a long time ago she had a deck but never had the chance to learn since she had always been studying for school. Though one of her dreams is to work at Kaiba corp, it wasn’t her final dream. Though the problem was, she never found what she truly wanted to do.

Kiandra’s thoughts were interrupted when her jacket was pulled, launching her backwards into someone. “What” was all she could muster as a speeding bus zoomed passed her within inches. “Whoa, ya need to be more careful next time. That bus could have flatten ya” a young man’s voice spoke behind her as he helped her fix herself up. “Thank you so much, I guess I got so lost in my thoughts, going to a new job and all” she smiled, gazing up at her savior.

He had short blonde hair and chocolate eyes with a dashing smile. She blushed, he was pretty cute, especially with that New York accent. “Name’s Joey, Joey Wheeler” he offered his hand out as she reached out and shook his hand.

“My name is Kiandra Heart”. “Pretty name” he gave another smile as her blush only deepened. She absentmindedly gazed at her phone but then took a double look to register what she saw. 6:57am. “Oh I better get going, thank you so much again. I’m still getting use to the city” Kiandra was about to turn but he stopped her.

“Sorry, I wanna ask ya if ya wouldn’t mind if I showed ya around the city, when ya are free of course” It was now his turn to blush as he shyly looked up to the sky.

She laughed softly but nodded, “S-sure that sounds lovely” his face lit up, “Great! You can also meet my friends, I’m sure they’d like to help you settle here”. She handed him a business card that she had made for herself, “It has my email and phone number. If you want you can text me so I could have your number, we will set it all up from there”.

Joey had the look of a child being handed a lollipop as he gave off a goofy grin, “See ya later then!” He waved, running off as if he didn’t want to say more to ruin it. She only laughed as she kept on going, making it to work about 7:10am.

Sure enough Kyoko was there. When the door opened she glanced up, but then took a double take when she saw her. Kyoko smiled genuinely, “I’m glad you made it, so early too” “Better early than late” Kiandra smiled back, stopping at the counter. “Well, if you want you can make your way up there. I’m sure Mr. Kaiba would like to see you be this early, his personal secretary isn’t even here yet. Thank god” She mumbled the last couple words.

She smiled, relieved that she had made a new friend here, instead of being an outcast. “Alright, wish me luck” She spoke softly, “You’ll do great” Kyoko reassured, then turned to the phone that had been screaming at her again. Poor woman. Kiandra made her way to the silver elevators once more, feeling even more nervous than the dang interview. She had reached the top floor and sure enough it looked different than before.

The straight hall way didn’t have chairs anymore and on both sides of her were several cubicles. Not many but most likely Kaiba’s trusted employees work up here.

Kiandra could see two desks set up on either side of the double doors that she had once walked through. She walked closer to the desk to find the one on the right had her name on a small metal plate, sitting near the edge of her desk. She smiled, picking it up and rubbing her thumb against the engravings.

She let out a small squeal, setting it back down. There were only a couple of early workers, already at their desks. She sat down in hers, booting up the computer that was provided to her. She waited, unsure of what to do for her first day.

She took the time to examine the desk and the contents on it. It was a nice polished oak desk with one of those big calendars that sit on the desk. An office phone sitting on her right side while the computer was at her left.

Kiandra shuffled through the doors finding new notepads, notebooks, pencils, pens, all sort of items. ‘Awesome, don’t have to go shopping’ she thought to herself until she heard someone clear their throat.