Status: I will try my best to also follow the shows story but I also like going my own path as well. I do hope you enjoy and I would love feedback. Maybe even feedback on the title because I'll be honest. Nothing came to mind at the moment ^^

The CEO's Assistant

Chapter Twenty Two: Got What it Takes!

“You will duel my grandpa” Yugi smiled as Kiandra frowned, “say what now?” “I may be old but I know a thing or two about duel monsters” Mr. Muto said, appearing behind her. She jumped, waving her hands, “Oh I didn’t mean it like that! I just meant that you’d be pretty hard to beat”. His laugh was warm as he placed an assuring hand on her shoulder, “I’m not as good as Yugi though. Come, let’s set the table”.

They cleaned off the table as Kiandra sat on one side and Mr. Muto on the other. They shuffled their decks and drew their cards. “Here goes nothing” Kiandra nervously laughed. If she could at least get close to beating him, she would be ready for the battle city tournament.

Rock, Paper, Scissors. Mr. Muto had won and chose to go first. “Let’s see here, I’ll place a monster face down and end my turn” he smiled joyfully as Kiandra sighed, it felt like the bot fight all over again. She gazed at the cards she drew and smiled, “I’ll play Mermail Abyssnose in attack mode and I’ll attack your face down card”.

“In a rush to win huh?” he chuckled, flipping the card. The card was destroyed but the flip effect played its part. “You may have destroyed my Exploder Dragon but his ability destroys the attacking card”. She huffed but remembered the effect, “Before he is sent to the graveyard I activate his special ability. By discarding my Mermail Abysslinde from my hand I can summon a Mermail from my deck and I choose…another Mermail Abysslinde in defense mode”.

“Well done, you are getting the hang of your cards” Yugi acknowledge with a smile. Kiandra smiled watching Muto make his move. “I summon Winged Dragon, Guardian of the Fortress in attack mode and attack your Abysslinde” Muto pointed to her only card on the field. She sighed, placing her monster to the graveyard. “I place one card down and end my turn” she eyed the face down card. Glaring at it with a passion. ‘I hate the spell and trap cards…’ she had to admit, she got nervous seeing one on the opposite side of the field.

“I activate my monster’s special ability from my hand. Mermail Abyssmegalo (2400ATK), I can discard two water monster from my hand to summon him in attack mode” She placed the powerful creature on the field with a confident smirk. “That’s not all, it has a second ability. If I use his first ability I can choose an abyss spell or trap from my deck” she shuffled through her deck finding Abyss-scale of the Mizuchi spell card, showing Muto the card before placing it in her hand.

“Thankfully one of the two cards I sent had an ability. If Mermail Abyssgunde is sent from my hand to the graveyard I can summon a creature back from the grave so I choose Mermail Abysslinde and place her in attack mode. I’ll also attach my spell card to her having her attack points go from 1500 to 2300” She was proud of her new found strategy. Her friends were surprise by her sudden skill even Mr. Muto was taken back a bit until he smiled softly, “I’m impressed. Come a long way with just a week of practice”.

Kiandra scratched the back of her head, blushing, “If I didn’t have such great teachers I wouldn’t get this far”. Now it was Yugi and Mokuba’s turn to blush. “My turn isn’t over yet, I’ll attack your Winged Dragon with Abysslinde” his monster was destroyed and she inflicted 900 attack point to his life points. He glared playfully, “meanie”. “Now my Abyssmegalo can attack directly”. That was another big chunk of 2400attack to his life points.

Mr. Muto scratches his head in thought, “I guess today isn’t my day hmm? Haha” “That or I’m just getting lucky” she replied moving on to her second phase, “One last thing. Since I didn’t normal summon on my main phase I’ll summon Atlantean Attack Squad (1400) in attack mode and since I control either a fish, sea-serpent or aqua type monster he gains 800Atk making him 2200”.

“Wow Kiandra! Three powerful monsters in only one turn. That’s impressive. You really did study your cards!” Mokuba shouted with excitement. “I try to when I have free time. That way I know exactly what strategy to use the moment I draw a card” she smirked. She never felt so confident before and now she did. She felt she had a bigger chance than when she first started.

“I suppose it’s my turn now…oh bother seems I have nothing good” Mr. Muto sighed, placing a face down monster card on the field. Something seemed fishy about that card but Kiandra was started to get a little too cocky again. “I summon Atlantean Marksman (1400) in attack mode and attack with Attack Squad to your face down card”. She destroyed his card but yet again it was a flip effect. “You need to be more careful. My Penguin Soldier has an ability. If destroyed I can choose up to two monsters on your side of the field and send them back to your hand” Mr. Muto waved his finger and then pointed to her Abyssmegalo and Abysslinde.

“Man…” she groaned, placing the two cards back into her hand. “No matter, I still can attack with Marksman and since he caused damage to you I can activate his ability, to summon one Atlantean monster from my deck. I choose Atlantean Dragoons(1800) in attack. I attack directly with him”.
As Yugi watched her battle, he could see something different in her eyes. It almost appeared she had been dueling for years, it made him smile. She was able to bounce back from a fall and that was the greatest thing you can do during a duel. ‘She has great potential’ Yami said within his puzzle, he nodded in agreement as he continued to watch.

Mr. Muto had placed yet another card face down and ended his turn. Sadly he wasn’t getting the cards he had hoped to get but that didn’t bother him, seeing her face light up when she knew she would win that turn.

“I attack with Attack Squad directly due to my Dragoons special ability. As long as he remains on the field, any level 3 or lower monster can attack my opponent directly” Kiandra smiled brightly. The last of his life points had gone to zero. “I can’t believe it! I didn’t think I’d win!” Kiandra cheered as Mokuba hugged her, laughing. Mr. Muto lifted his hand up as Kiandra shook it, “You did an amazing job my dear. I may not have been able to put up much of a fight but you surly show what it takes to be a duelist”.

Kiandra blushed, “Thank you. All of you”. “Oh Kia! I almost forgot. I have something to show you!” Mokuba rushed to his back pack as Kiandra’s expression went from curious to bewildered, “Oh my…”.