Status: I will try my best to also follow the shows story but I also like going my own path as well. I do hope you enjoy and I would love feedback. Maybe even feedback on the title because I'll be honest. Nothing came to mind at the moment ^^

The CEO's Assistant

Chapter Twenty Three: Bad Timing

“What is that?” She asked curiously. “Your outfit for when you duel! Wouldn’t it be cool if you had like a signature outfit?” Mokuba explained excitedly, placing the clothes in her hands. “I suppose so…wouldn’t hurt to try it out” Kiandra raised an eyebrow as she went to the nearest bathroom to try the outfit on.

When she returned both Yugi and Mokuba’s face were bright red. “Mokuba…are you sure you got the measurements right? This skirt seems awfully short”.

Image[/url]-->Image

Kiandra tried to pull down her skirt but it only stayed to mid-thigh. “Sorry, I thought I did. You’re a lot taller than I thought” Mokuba sheepishly laughed. ‘Bull’ she thought to herself as she fixed her wig and blinked her eyes a couple of times, trying to get use to the contacts. “You really look different” Yugi stated. Kiandra spun once and smiled when she saw herself in the mirror, “Wow, you’re right. This may just actually work”. Once she was done, she hurried to change her clothes since Mokuba said his ride would pick him up soon. They said goodbye to Yugi and his grandpa before heading out.

“Taking his time isn’t he?” Kiandra asked as her and Mokuba stood outside the game shop. It was now late and she was going to walk home but Mokuba wanted to take her home. “Yeah, the limo should be here by now” sure enough there it was. Kiandra smiled but suddenly dropped when Kaiba came out of the limo looking quite furious. “A project huh?” He growled, glowering down at his little brother.

“It’s my fault. He was going to go home but I needed his help” Kiandra spoke up, now receiving the full glare of his wrath. “At Yugi’s house?” Venom dripped from each word. He hated the fact that she was there a long with Mokuba. “He’s a worthless kid who has something that belongs to me” Kaiba growled. Kiandra suddenly stomped her foot, “That’s no way to speak to my friend like that Kaiba! You shouldn’t be mad at people who are friends with a person you don’t like. You can’t control everyone!”

Kaiba was taken back. It was the first time she didn’t refer to him as Mr. Kaiba and he actually saw her mad. But he let his anger get the best of him, he would soon regret, “You’re fired”. Kaiba pulled Mokuba into the limo as his younger brother tried to protest, shouting it was his fault. It was too late, Kiandra was broken as she saw the limo sped off.

“Kia, you never text me! I was so worried, I- Honey what happened!” Lucinda was ready to lecture her but saw her tear stained face. “I was fired” Kiandra whispered, choking back more tears as they started to flood out again. “Oh…oh honey” Lucinda pulled her into a hug, letting her tears soak her shoulder. “He’s such an ass!” Kiandra’s voice muffled into Lucinda’s shoulder.

Once she had calmed down, Kiandra explained what had happened as Lucinda huffed, “He’s nothing but a brat then. The moment someone tells him no, he gets rid of him. Don’t worry. Things will be fine” Lucinda tried to reassure her but Kiandra could see something hidden behind her eyes. She was hiding something from her and didn’t want to tell her.

For now she was going to brush it off until tomorrow to ask. “Let’s get some rest” Lucinda ushered her off to bed but she couldn’t sleep.
The entire night she laid awake, wishing she hadn’t said anything. Though she couldn’t stand the thought of Mokuba getting in trouble for something he didn’t do. He had a good heart and she wished Kaiba would see that.

Not too far away, a blue eyed CEO also laid awake. Instead of trying to sleep he sat at a computer desk, an office he had at home. He stared out the window, slamming his fist against the arm rest of the chair. What he had done was replying in his mind, seeing the broken look upon her eyes. “What have I done?” Kaiba muttered to himself, running a hand through his chestnut hair. He had to do something but he couldn’t just go back and re-hire her like it was nothing.

That’s when it hit him. He couldn’t do it tonight but he would do it as soon as he could tomorrow. Kaiba only hoped that Kiandra would forgive him and take the offer. He got up from his chair and made his way to his room in hopes to get a decent night’s sleep before confronting her tomorrow.
♠ ♠ ♠
I've lost a couple of subscribers and the only thing I wish is what is wrong? I would like to know if the story is going too slow or something. If you can please comment or even message me it would be so great. It's very hard to be inspired when I'm not sure how well my stories are going.