Status: I will try my best to also follow the shows story but I also like going my own path as well. I do hope you enjoy and I would love feedback. Maybe even feedback on the title because I'll be honest. Nothing came to mind at the moment ^^

The CEO's Assistant

Chapter Twenty Five: New Assistant and a New Home

“What do you think?” An older woman plainly asked. Kiandra looked upon how warned down the apartment looked. It was more like a studio with a small bathroom shoved in the corner. ‘It may look bad but if I get this, I would have more than enough money to get decent food and good stuff to liven up the place’ Kiandra thought to herself. “Could I have a moment?” She asked, turning to the leasing agent of the apartment complex.

“Yeah” she was annoyed but left out the door to give her time to think. There was another apartment she had liked, one bedroom and was well kept but the money she would have left over would only afford cheap food like good old ramen. Kiandra loved the stuff so she wouldn’t be tired of it.

She had been at this for what seemed like hours. The sun was setting and she had to pick fast. With the tournament coming up she couldn’t just sleep on it and choose an apartment later. “I may have been fired but I will help Mokuba and…I’m sure my dad wouldn’t want me to quit” she whispered to herself. Suddenly her phone started to vibrate as she gazed at the lit up screen to find it was Kaiba calling.

Kiandra hesitated, her thumb hovering over the answer button. Was he calling her to yell at her more or what? She pressed answer but immediately ended the call when her nerves got to her. ‘No! I will not give in to that jerk!’ Even though she tried hard to hate him. She couldn’t blame him. One of the youngest CEOs on the planet and taking care of his little brother, but still, he didn’t have to snap at her.

Footsteps came into the room as Kiandra turned, “I’ll take it—huh?!” It wasn’t the leasing agent. It was Kaiba, his brow forward and his nose cringed in disgust, not to her but to the room she was in. “Taking it?” He questioned. “But…how...?” Kiandra started, “You answered and I found your location. Simply hacked your phone, now why are you taking this apartment?” Kaiba replied but changed the subject but in a more harsh tone. Though this tone wasn’t that tone he had when he had fired her.

Kaiba’s tone now held a slight hint of dread. Kiandra sighed, her arms flopping to her sides as if she had raised them in a lazy shrug. “You fired me. Lucinda had to go home because her mother is sick and I can’t afford the apartment. I’m moving here. H-Happy?” Kiandra’s face was exhausted. Her eyes still seemed puffy along with her reddened cheeks from the all night of tears and seeing Kaiba standing right there. She looked sick and that stung Kaiba’s heart.

He could see she tried to be a strong woman by picking herself up but he could truly see that she was only a little girl that could only keep herself together until no one was watching. “If you are here because I left stuff at my desk just throw it out” Kiandra snapped him out of his thoughts and continued, “I don’t need it and I may end up getting a new desk somewhere else anyways. Who knows, maybe I could work for Derek” she mumbled the last few words to herself as quietly as possible. She was exhausted and wasn’t thinking of what would occur if he had heard it, but he did.

Kaiba’s fists clenched as he stormed up to her, grabbing the papers in her arms she was carrying telling the information on all the apartments she’s looked. “Hey!” She yelped watching as he walked out the door. Just then the leasing agent came into the room as Kaiba shoved them into her hands, “She’s not taking it” and left. Kiandra followed, after bowing her head to the woman, apologizing.

As she ran outside she saw he was waiting for her by the limo as she quickly rushed to him. “W-Why did you do that? I need to get it now before-” “If you haven’t noticed this neighborhood is one of the worse ones you could pick, get in” he scuffed, opening the limo door. A rude gentleman, very odd. She could easily deny him and leave, he had no power over her anymore but as stupid as she felt, she complied, scooting into the limo and sitting as far away as she could from him.

Kaiba noticed this, giving the smallest smirk, sitting away from her. There she goes again, ‘glaring’ out the window, her cheeks slightly puffed with anger. Her angry face couldn’t be taken seriously by any terms. Kiandra had even crossed her arms up high on her chest like a small child who had been defeated. Just this once Kaiba had let that one word slip into his mind, she was adorable.

They pulled up in front of his mansion as Kaiba pulled himself out of the limo, waiting for Kiandra to crawl out. She slowly did, cautiously looking around like a small animal unaware of new surroundings. “Why am I here?” Kiandra asked once she left the limo. “You will live here” Kaiba stated, walking to the front door. Her jaw dropped, “A-are you joking?” Kaiba turned with his hand on the door handle, “I don’t joke”.

He opened the door, walking in. Kiandra pressed her hands on her face, slowly bringing them down, “Agh, this is a disaster”. She followed him inside, only to be tackled to the floor by the adorable black haired kid. “Kia!” Mokuba shouted, clinging to her waist. She ruffled his hair, laughing “Hey! Can I get up?” He blushed, scrambling to his feet and helping her up. “Sorry, I was excited to hear Seto letting you live here!”

Kiandra’s smile dropped, ‘He’s been planning this?’ “Kiandra” Kaiba called out to her, gesturing her down the hall, “I would like to speak with you”. “I’ll see you in a bit Mokuba” Kiandra ruffled his hair once more and followed Kaiba. He led her down a couple of halls before walking into an office. He let her walk in first before closing the door. “Ok, so what is this about?” Kiandra asked, getting fed up with him being quiet.

“I…” Kaiba started but then turned away from her as if gathering his thoughts. He turned to her once more, “I needed to apologize about last night…I shouldn’t have snapped” his eyes drifted to the floor. Kiandra’s eyes widened with surprise, he was apologizing again? It just didn’t seem like him. He continued, “I didn’t think you’d accept your old job back...so instead I would like you to take Marilynn’s job. You deserve her job more than anyone and she’s useless”. She gasped, “But…weren’t you two…like a thing?” As she asked this she connected her index fingers tips together.

This time she earned a rather shock expression from Kaiba until he suddenly laughed. He actually laughed, but this laugh was more like ‘what a stupid question’ laugh. Kiandra felt embarrassed, blushing like mad. Kaiba calmed down with a smirk, “Please, I wouldn’t waste my time with a tramp like her. She tries like a desperate dog to sleep with me, but that won’t happen. That day you came in and she was fixing her shirt, she did that herself to get my attention. Then made herself at home on my lap. I was about to snap at her but you came in”.

“Oh…” her eyes glued to the floor. All this time she thought he was some big shot CEO that slept with anyone, but clearly she was wrong. “I was actually relieved you came in. I only was mad because I can’t stand her anymore. Though once I saw you could do a better job than her, I can finally be rid of her” Kaiba said, leaning against his desk and crossing his arms.

Kiandra was silent for a few moments. This would be great for her to make more money, get a better place and actually have important work to do than chores. On the other hand, there was the tournament. She had one full day before the tournament. “I’ll take it, but what about Mokuba?” Kiandra asked. Kaiba’s eyes looked on with interest, she didn’t care about asking how much more she would make or anything of the sort. She cared only for Mokuba.

“You can still pick him up from school, but you will see him more since you are living here” Kaiba stated. Kiandra didn’t think she could argue with him as she dug her hand into the purse she was carrying, bringing out a white envelope. She took a few steps toward him, stretching her arm out. “What is this?” Kaiba questioned, confused as he took the envelope. “It’s the money I was going to use to rent the apartment. You take it then if I’m staying here” she bit her lip, nervous on being so close to him.

His eyes widened as he opened it and sure enough it was stuffed with the money that would have paid her first month’s rent and a down payment. Kaiba didn’t understand. She had nothing and he had millions, yet she was going to give him what she had left. “No” Kaiba said, tried to hand it back but she refused, “I’m not staying here for free, even if I’m going to be your assistant”. He growled but then smirked, getting very close to her. Before she could step back he grabbed her waist, pulling her up against him as he leaned down.

“I said no” He whispered in her ear, shoving the envelope into her purse. He pulled away, walking around her and out of the room, but not before turning, “Mokuba will show you to your room”. The moment he left, Kiandra just stood there like a frozen statue with her face beat red and bug eyes. “Oh dear…” she whispered, shivering at the thought of his touch.