Status: I will try my best to also follow the shows story but I also like going my own path as well. I do hope you enjoy and I would love feedback. Maybe even feedback on the title because I'll be honest. Nothing came to mind at the moment ^^

The CEO's Assistant

Chapter Thirty: Tall, Dark and Deadly

Kiandra muffled through her gag as the limo stopped. Derek dragged her out as she staggered onto the side walk. He pushed her into a building, most likely an office building he owned in Domino. Derek peered outside one last time before he continued pushing her toward an elevator. Once the doors closed he sighed, “You know, this didn’t have to resort to this. You’ll see it my way in due time. Soon you’ll be by my side just like this, helping me run this beautiful company”.

Kiandra glared and this time it was genuine, she was furious more than scared. She never liked the whole damsel in distress acts and she fell into being one or so she thought before an idea slipped into her head.

Once the elevator doors opened, Kiandra was shoved through double doors. His office was actually a lot nicer than Kaiba’s. Almost like he had an apartment where his office was supposed to be. “Sit” Derek commanded, pushing her down on a leather couch. He poured a couple of glasses with scotch and a couple of ice cubes. He placed one down in front of her earning a rather ‘are you serious?’ look.

Derek didn’t take notice as he took a sip of his, placing an arm around her. “All this, could be yours if you’d just take my offer” Derek spoke up, swirling the scotch, watching it spin until the liquid slowly came to a stop. “Then again, you seem quite comfortable living with Kaiba…but that won’t last long. If he’s fired you once…he can fire you again”.

He stood, taking his glass along with the glass he had set down for Kiandra. She rolled her eyes and watched as he went to the kitchen. She wiggled, bringing her right leg up on the couch. She twisted her back for her hands to reach her thigh. Kiandra silently thanked all those yoga classes Lucinda made her take. Hidden underneath her dress was the dragon dagger she had once used before.

She brought her leg back down, sitting up straight as she flipped the dagger up toward the ropes, sawing it away. “You seem like such a shy young lady, but deep inside, when things are at its worse, you are strong. You haven’t cried nor pleaded” Derek spoke loudly from the kitchen. Kiandra could hear the water from the sink turn on as he washed the glasses.

“That glare of yours though…phew…just shows how feisty you are” he chuckled darkly. Kiandra quickened her pace as the ropes fell as she pushed it within the cushions of the couch. Derek was returning, forcing her to pretend she was still bound. The moment he took his place next to her, she lunged with the dagger at hand. Derek was quicker though, grabbing her wrists and twisted it. The dagger fell, bouncing off the arm of the couch and to the floor. The dagger bounced one last time before sliding a bit of ways.

“Bitch!” He shouted as he flung her to the crouch, pinning her there. He raised his fist to punch her, but she brought her knee up, hitting him straight in the groin. The air was pushed out of him, giving Kiandra the chance to shove him off as he thud heavily on the floor. She shot up from the couch, going for the dagger, but Derek had grabbed her ankle. She landed face first onto the floor hearing a sickening crack.

Blood rushed from her now broken nose as she pushed herself up from the marble floors. Kiandra flipped her body, kicking her free leg toward his face. Her heel jabbed him in the forehead causing a nasty cash and he barked in pain. His grip loosened just enough for her to crawl to the dagger. In one swift motion she was back on her feet, holding the dagger in her right hand as she made a mad dash to the door. Click. She froze, her hand hovering above the knob of the door. “Not another step” Derek was breathing heavily, the smoothness of his voice was gone. Replaced by a harsh and dark voice.

Kiandra turned slowly, seeing a pistol aiming for her. “You’re a lot more trouble than you’re worth” he slowly made his way to her. “Drop it” He ordered, his head nodding to the dagger. She hesitated, her mind racking for any idea to get out of such a bind, but nothing came. “I won’t tell you again” he growled.

She gazed behind him, gasping. This moment, he turned quickly seeing no one there as a dagger plunged into his shoulder and a gun shot rang out, echoing through the building. Kaiba was just outside the door, fearing he was too late.