Status: I will try my best to also follow the shows story but I also like going my own path as well. I do hope you enjoy and I would love feedback. Maybe even feedback on the title because I'll be honest. Nothing came to mind at the moment ^^

The CEO's Assistant

Chapter Thirty One: Actions, Not Words

Ringing, muffles, someone was shaking Kiandra. The more she blinked, the clearer the image was and the louder the voice got. Kaiba was shouting her name, shaking her to wake up. “Kaiba?” Kiandra uttered, grasping her pounding head. Everything came back to her as she quickly patted herself down, looking for any gun wound, but there was nothing. “What happened?” She questioned until she heard someone groaning beside her.

Derek was holding his leg which was bleeding from the gun he had fired. “Fucking bitch” He groaned, only to be knocked out cold when Kaiba turned, punching him square in the face. “Asshole” he growled, turning to Kiandra once more. “Are you alright?” He asked, his voice full of concerned. If her head wasn’t pounding, her jaw would be to the ground by the gentleness in his voice.

“Yeah, I’m fine. Just a pounding head ache and a broken nose” she lifted her hand to touch it, but Kaiba stopped her. She smiled up to him, “I’m glad you came”. He helped her up, guiding her back to the front entrance.

The ambulance and police had surrounded the area. Derek was taken into the ambulance that had come, he was then rushed off to the hospital. Kiandra was being tended to by a couple of firemen who had clicked her nose back into place. It felt worse than breaking it in the first place. She sniffed a few times, feeling satisfied her nose was in working shape once more. “I’m sorry” Kaiba had appeared next to her, his features filled with sorrow.

“It’s not your fault. You couldn’t have known he was a psycho” she assured him, but he glared, “No, I shouldn’t have let you go out in the first place. I shouldn’t have used you like that just so I could keep partnership with another company. That was wrong for me to do”. Before she could go further, rushing steps sounded close by.

Come to their surprise it was Derek’s father, Johnson Singleton. “Ms. Heart! Are you alright? I came as soon as I heard what happened. I can’t began to apologize for what my son did” he took one of her hands in a fatherly way as she smiled softly, “I’ll be alright Mr. Singleton. It’s something I’m sure no one would have seen”. Johnson ran his hand through his salt and pepper hair with a frustrated sigh, “I wish I had seen the signs. I knew he was spoiled, but to act in this way…If I would have seen it, something could have been done”.

He turned to Kaiba, “I can’t take back what my son has done, but I can promise that he will no longer be working for this company. I will give his position to someone who has worked hard and proven more than once that they deserve the position. I only hope we can continue our partnership, I wouldn’t blame you though if you choose to part ways”.

Kiandra gazed up to Kaiba as he glanced down to her. Her eyes were telling him to accept his apology and move on from this event. Kaiba thought for a few moments before giving a slight smirk, offering his hand, “We will continue business with each other. I won’t hold you accountable for this incident”. The two talked for only a few more moments before Mr. Singleton rushed to the hospital where he surely would give his son the biggest lecture of his life.

“Let’s go home” Kaiba said, leading her to a limo that waited for them. “I’d like that...sleep sounds like a beautiful thing right now” She laughed softly to herself as Kaiba continue to gaze toward her. It didn’t take long for her to be uncomfortable as she cleared her throat, “um…” “Did you mean all of that?” Kaiba suddenly spoke, causing her to jump. “What?” She questioned, “Did you mean what you said when you told Derek how you felt about me”.

Her face burned different shades of red. She had completely forgotten that he would hear her confession. She sighed, trying hard not to make eye contact as she stared toward the floor, “Yes…I never wanted to tell you because you are my boss. Just that kiss last night, it made me think of all the little thoughts I had about you, but I couldn’t tell if you felt the same” she brought her right arm, clenching her left arm as if it could help her through this, “That’s why I said all that. I came to the conclusion that I was falling for you Kaiba…I would understand if the feelings weren’t mutual. I could always forget about it”.

When she finally glanced up, a sharp breath flew into her lungs when she found that Kaiba had come closer with each word she spoke. His hand slid underneath her hair, brushing up against her cheek. He pulled her face closer with a small smirk, “Stop calling me Kaiba…call me Seto” with that he had captured her lips just as he did last night.

She melted to the kiss, wrapping her arms around his neck as his snaked around her waist. He pushed her down onto the leather seats, the kiss growing more passionate by each passing moment. Finally they broke with shortened breaths. A blush still stained her cheeks as she smiled, gazing into those sapphire eyes. They no longer held any coldness to them, only the love she had been wanting.

He didn’t confess his feelings, but she knew only by how he kissed and touched her. She knew by the very gaze he was giving her. Kiandra was prepared he wouldn’t confess his feelings, she could tell it was hard for him, but she was just fine by how he showed it.

Seto pulled away, letting her sit up, fixing her dress. It wasn’t long before the limo stopped as they made their way inside, exhausted from the whole ordeal. “Goodnight” Kiandra softly spoke, quickly pecking his cheek before rushing off to bed for a well-earned sleep. Seto only stood there, a genuine smile slowly forming on his lips. Wilson appeared by his side as Seto turned to him, “Once Kiandra is asleep, turn off her alarm. I want her to rest. When she is awake, inform her that she has the day off” “Yes sir”. With that, Seto made his way to his own room, he now had to prepare for his big announcement for his tournament tomorrow night.