Status: I will try my best to also follow the shows story but I also like going my own path as well. I do hope you enjoy and I would love feedback. Maybe even feedback on the title because I'll be honest. Nothing came to mind at the moment ^^

The CEO's Assistant

Chapter Thirty Four: A Pharaoh's Past

The duel was to take place at one of Kaiba’s arenas. Kiandra was actually hoping she wouldn’t run into Seto here while Yami was dueling this creep. “Challenging Johnny Stepps was a huge mistake! You two losers have no idea what you’re dealing with” Johnny mocked as the platforms raised up over the field.

“You’re the one who’s going to lose” Yami replied. The dueled begun and the first one was rather easy, but Kiandra was sure he had some moves up his sleeves. Johnny’s monsters didn’t seem to support each other leaving Yami rather confused on his strategy.

Didn’t matter when he forgot to switch one of his monsters to defense mode. “Moron…” Kiandra muttered. Though she was thrown off guard when he fused two monsters to create Musician King. ‘Wait…weren’t both the monsters he used women? How in the world is it a dude now!’ The confusion had settled in causing her eyes to swirl, “Sometimes this game makes no sense…” She mumbled, rubbing her head.

During the duel, Johnny was actually taking out Yami’s monsters one by one causing Kiandra to worry. “Don’t worry Kiandra, the music will be better on our date” He snickered, she shivered in thought. Thank goodness, Yami had finished off that metal head card with Dark Magician and the moment Johnny found out it was none other than Yugi Mutou.

“That’s it, I’m out of here” Johnny was about to leave until Kiandra blocked him, “Seriously? Running away when he finally takes the lead? Are you that much of a coward” “So? Running away is better than facing defeat. Everyone loves a winner” He replied, looking away from her glaring eyes.

“You should face your problems. A true winner would actually stand and fight” Kiandra crossed her arms. He sighed and smiled slightly, “You’re right…thanks” He walked off without another word.

“Such a weird man…hope he doesn’t run anymore”

“You’re right and that’s exactly what I shouldn’t do” Yami smiled as she returned it.

They finally arrived at the stairs of the museum as Yami gazed toward them with determination. “You think you will be ready?” Kiandra turned to him as he nodded, “Yes, I must be ready to discover what my past has to tell me. I’ll be ready to face it” “We will face it together” She held out her hand as he was slightly taken back by this.

Yami slowly smiled, taking her hand as they went together up the long flight of stairs and through the museum doors.

The museum was amazing. She really did enjoy Egyptian culture and seeing all of the ancient artifacts almost made her forget why they were there. Kiandra stopped when she noticed Yami was no longer following her as she turned to find him staring darkly toward a blocked door. “What’s wrong?” She asked, stepping to his side.

“I sense something in here” He opened the door leading to the basement. The stairs led straight into the darkness making Kiandra uneasy, “The…basement? Are you sure?” She backed up just slightly. The dark wasn’t her most favorite place to be. With all the horror movies she watches, her mind tends to be very imaginative while in the dark.

“Something down there is calling out to me Kia, I feel the answers I seek are near” He turned to her, offering his hand to her just as she did for him. “Whatever happens, I will protect you” He said as she drew in a deep breath and nodded. She took his hand as they descended down into the darkness.

As they neared the bottom the room was nicely lit with tons of hieroglyphic stones. “These ancient stones…” Kiandra began, but Yami finished, “Have duel monster cards on them”

As her eyes scanned down she stumbled back, “No way!” They took a step closer, seeing a young Pharaoh who appeared to look just like Yami. “That man…looks just like you. Also his necklace-” “Is just like mine”.

“Do you think this really is you?” She turned to him.

“Yes. It appears I was playing an ancient duel monster game. Though I wish I knew more. Who was I dueling? What more is there to duel monsters? Just when I believed I’ve found one answer, a thousand new questions arise” He closed his eyes with a slight smile, still relieved he had found some sort of trace.

“My Pharaoh, I’ve been expecting you” A woman’s voice sounded behind them as they turned. She had sun kissed skin and black hair to her mid back, wearing a sort of Egyptian robe. Kiandra had also noticed the piece of jewelry upon her neck with the same eye design as Yami’s Millennium Puzzle.

“Who are you?” Yami asked, unsure to trust her. “I am Ishizu and I have uncovered many mysterious about you and these ancient carvings using the magic of my Millennium Necklace” She gently touched her necklace causing Yami to step back, “Another one?” He was bewildered, wondering how many more were out there.

She explained how she saw five thousand years into the passed where dark sorcerers wield dangerous duels, but one powerful king stood to stop this threat. Ishizu admitted he was the king who had saved the world then and must do it once more for this world.

Ishizu avoided all of his questions as she announced an invitation waiting for him at home. She left swiftly after causing Kiandra to sigh, “She wasn’t much help and yet at the same time she was. The invitation must be from Kaiba’s tournament” She had decided it was best to use Seto’s last name when speaking in front of anyone else. She wasn’t sure if letting her friends know of their relationship would be a good idea.

“Wait…my opponent. It looks like Kaiba!” Yami exclaimed. Kiandra’s head whipped around to the young man the Pharaoh was battling. “It does…along with his blue eyes white dragon sort of confirms that. Could he really be the evil sorcerer?” She asked, afraid of the answers. There was no way Seto could be the evil plaguing the world now, there had to be more.

“I know I will be joining the tournament…but no matter what you have to win this Yami” Kiandra suddenly spoke. Yami turned to her with widened eyes, “Kiandra” “I pray we don’t end up dueling, because I have this gut feeling you should win this…I don’t know what I’m going to do. I know I want to fight Kaiba, not just for him, but for Mokuba. Though if it comes down to you having to duel him…then so be it. You have to win this” Kiandra had a lot of purpose within her eyes.

She felt strong about this. There was more than what that stone and woman was telling them and their answers would be within that tournament. Kiandra will have to fight tooth and neck to make it to the finals, but she will not allow herself to fail.

Yami was taken back by her sudden outburst, but soon nodded, “It would be honor to face you in the finals, but just because you want me to win, doesn’t mean you should go easy on me” She smiled with a small blush, “I suppose so, but I’m not going for fame. I’m going so I can make myself stronger, help Mokuba and continue on what my father loved to do. Even if I lose, just making it to the finals will be a win for me”. He nodded, with a genuine smile as they both exited the building.

“I better go. It’s pretty late and I’m sure Kaiba will be wondering where I am” She sighed, scratching the back of her head. Kiandra still wasn’t exactly sure if he was now her boyfriend or what. Either way, she felt like he was trying to put some sort of leash on her.

“Thank you for everything Kia. I couldn’t have done this without you”

She smiled, giving him a thumbs up, “Anytime. I’ll see you around!” She started to jog back to the mansion, praying Kaiba wasn’t there waiting for her with series of questions.
♠ ♠ ♠
I know 8 months later and I posted this crap. Sorry! I'm going by the show and that part of the show wasn't so fun to write. As the tournament begins it will get a lot better! I thank you for all being so patient with me. I'm sorry if I loose some of my writing charm, I am a bit rusty lately. I'll try and send out a couple more before bed to make up for this crappy one!