Status: I will try my best to also follow the shows story but I also like going my own path as well. I do hope you enjoy and I would love feedback. Maybe even feedback on the title because I'll be honest. Nothing came to mind at the moment ^^

The CEO's Assistant

Chapter Thirty Five: Tournament Announcments

Kiandra had made it home just before Mokuba and Kaiba were to leave in a limo. “Where have you been?” Seto’s voice was rough, but she could sense he was worried due the last night’s events. “I had to finish some left over paper work at my last apartment, I’m sorry” She bowed, letting her hair cover her eyes.

She prayed she bowed quick enough to have the lie covered up. “Come on then. We are going to Kaiba Corp” He spoke, waiting for her to climb in before he did. She quickly made her place by the other car door with Mokuba smiling toward her from the other side of the chair. “Why are we going to the corporation?” “Big brother wants to test out his new duel disk design!” Mokuba excitedly spoke, acting it was the first time he told her.

Seto sat beside her as the limo started up. “Oh duel discs? For that duel monster card game right?” She acted curious, turning half way to Seto. His eyes stared down at her with a look of ‘were you under a rock?’, “Yes, I’m hosting a tournament tomorrow and I need to be sure the duel discs are ready to be distributed”.

They soon arrived in front of the large building as they walked in, taking an elevator to lower parts of the level Kiandra had never seen before. To access these levels you had to acquire a certain scan card which Seto of course had.

She couldn’t believe her eyes when the doors opened up revealing a control room and beyond its windows was a large testing room where Seto would most likely duel. This room was much larger than the place she was in. ‘whatever Seto wants to test must be way larger than the lab he had back home’ She pondered to herself.

Seto chuckled by her wide-eyed appearance as he took a small elevator to the bottom of the testing room. He strapped on a duel disc looking sexy as ever. She caused herself to blush at this thought. “Why’s your face red?” Mokuba asked as Kiandra yelped, turning her face upward, “What I don’t know what you’re talking about!” She laughed hysterically with sweat drops all over her head.

“Riiiiight” Mokuba chuckled the same way his brother did. She started to wonder why destiny brought her to this embarrassing situation.

Mokuba took his place at the main consoles, firing up all machines as Seto locked his deck in. “Turn the safety off” He suddenly ordered causing Mokuba to argue back, “If the safe cards are turned off, the monsters in this duel can really hurt you” Kiandra’s ears perked at the statement as she grabbed a headset from another nearby employee who tried to protest, but she ignored it.

“Mr. Kaiba you should really thing this through” She frantically spoke. Kiandra never realized the monsters can be so realistic in these duels. Seto glanced upward toward her. He wasn’t fond of her calling him that, but he knew she was only trying to stay professional in front of his other employees.

He didn’t want to cause her to worry, but he needed to test his limits. He needed to test his new card Obelisk the Tormentor.

“Enough whining, let’s go!” He stood ready for the battle ahead of him.

The main lab associate informed them that the three Blue-Eyes White Dragons were within the robot’s duel deck. “He’s in big trouble if it manages to summon it!” Mokuba said to Kiandra as she bit her lip. Seto lifted his arm, letting the hologram machines to fly to each side of the field to project the monsters.

The duel started off rough when Seto activated the robot’s Cyber Jar. Though it wasn’t so bad when he was able to summon four monsters out on the field. “What a digital dummy. That robot gave Seto a huge lead!” Mokuba spoke out loud. At this point Kiandra couldn’t focus on him, only on the duel. If they said was really true and Seto could get hurt, then what sort of chance does he have against the Blue-Eyes’ attack?

The robot had sacrificed two monsters to summon the very creature she feared. The Blue-Eyes White Dragon came roaring from the card, glaring hungrily toward its previous master. “Oh no…” Kiandra spoke softly, “It’s so early in the duel”

“Turn off the machine before he gets hurt!” Mokuba shouted, but no one had listened as the duel continued. Though Seto’s strategy of using a monster that can destroy a dragon failed when the robot had summoned Lord of Dragons, protecting all dragons from effects. The robot had then summoned two more Blue-Eyes with the magic card Flute of Summoning Dragons.

The horror didn’t stop there. The stupid computer actually used a fusion card to form the Blue-Eyes Ultimate Dragon. “No!” Kiandra leaned forward, “Get out of there Seto!” Mokuba shouted to him, but Seto ignored him.

“W-What…did he just summon?” Kiandra stared in fear of the card Seto had summoned. It was massive and terrifying. This was the power of the Egyptian God card he now owned. The computer started to overload, as they exploded, causing Kiandra to stumble back away from the one she was in front of.

The god had attacked, completely destroying the almighty Blue-Eyes. The robot had also malfunctioned, bursting into flames.

‘If I duel Seto, I’ll have to face that creature. I can feel…this power from it. It’s not like anything I’ve ever felt with any other duel monsters card’ Kiandra gripped her chest, ‘No, it’s not just any duel monster card at all. An attack from that creature will surly put an end to me, but I can’t give up. I’ll have to find a way…’ She stood up straight, trying to calm her staggered breathing.

Kiandra didn’t notice Mokuba staring at her with worry. He even knew she would have to face that thing in a duel.

Seto had returned to the control room with a triumphed smirk, his eyes laying on Kiandra first. Though her expression wasn’t what he had expected. He had hoped to see a look of amazement, but instead he saw terror within her eyes. She turned, quickly hiding it, but it was there, deep within the depths of her ocean eyes.

He wasn’t able to ask her what was wrong when she spoke up first, “So that’s what duel monsters look like?” She was trying to change the subject. “I’m surprised you never seen them before” Seto gazed down, raising a brow until suddenly he was taken back by the look of sorrow within her eyes as she gazed down. “Once upon a time…” She whispered, but he had heard her.

Mokuba quickly chirped in, bringing Seto’s attention to him, “Is it time?” “Yes, let’s go” Seto ordered as Mokuba and Kiandra followed. In the elevator they had stood behind Seto as Mokuba gently held her hand to comfort her. She gazed down with a small smile. This time the elevator had shot to the very top of the building where a helicopter waited for them.

“Uh?” She was rather confused. “Seto likes to make a grand entrance” Mokuba joked quietly, she stifled a laugh as they piled into the helicopter.

The large copter slowly began to levitate over the building till it took flight toward the center of the city. Everyone within that area stopped, turning their heads up as the screens of the city had Seto’s face appear on it. Everyone there were the people who were invited to partake within the tournament and Kiandra had the best seat. At least she believed she did.

“Greetings duelists. Welcome to the town of Domino, but more importantly, welcome to my tournament. I see each of you received your private invite to Kaiba Corps very exclusive duel monsters tournament and you had enough brains to show up here tonight. Being that you are all Elite duelist, I’ve added special rules to my tournament, just for experts. For example, you will duel using these new and improved duel discs.

Another new rule that I designed for the tournament, is that before each duel both players offer up their rarest card and the loser of the duel forfeits his card to the winner” Seto had announced on the screen.

Kiandra’s eyes widened, even Mokuba didn’t know of this new rule. ‘If I lose even a single duel I’m toast!’ She thought to herself, her nerves getting the best of her.

“My competition will make Pegasus and his duelist kingdom tournament look like joke” Seto finished. Everyone cheered as the helicopter lowered itself, showing the true Kaiba to everyone. He stood half way out, staring down Yami the moment he saw him. Kiandra noticed that Tea and Mai were with him as well.

“Don’t forget to register and pick up your duel disc because in exactly one week from today, my Battle City Tournament will began!”

****

Later that night, Kiandra sat within her bedroom with only the moon as her source of light. She stared at her deck, not sure if she would be able to make it through this tournament. If only her father were there, he’d help her get through this.

A knock interrupted her thoughts as she hid her deck within her back pocket. She breathed in before answering the door to find Wilson holding a small wrapped box. “Oh, what’s that?” She blinked several times, carefully taking it from him. “I’m not sure. The doorbell to the front door rang and as soon as I opened it, there was no one there other than this box with your name on it”

“Thank you Wilson. It’s maybe from my friend from California” She closed the door quickly, leaning against it. Her hands shook as it reached for the wrapping. It glistened beautifully underneath the moonlight with silver and blue.

The card only had her name, but nothing else. When she opened the box there was a duel monster card within it. She carefully picked it up, seeing it was a very powerful card, Poseidra, The Atlantean Dragon.

Her eyes widened, this card was exactly what her deck need, but how it got there was a complete mystery. “Wait. This card…It’s my fathers!”