Status: I will try my best to also follow the shows story but I also like going my own path as well. I do hope you enjoy and I would love feedback. Maybe even feedback on the title because I'll be honest. Nothing came to mind at the moment ^^

The CEO's Assistant

Chapter Five: You Did This?

A few more hours went by as she gazed through each email. Kiandra decided the documents could be last, if worse came to worse she can bring them home and finish. She read through each email, trashing most and only keeping a couple. Marilynn had already left even if she still had much to do. Maybe if she didn’t fool around so much with the boss she’d actually do some work.

Kiandra sighed, her eyes were screaming at her to look away for a second but she had to get this done. The sun was slightly starting to set and most co-workers were packing to leave or have already left.

She clicked out of the emails, they just kept coming, she needed to stop and start the documents. Her head felt it was going to explode, her first day and she can only dreadfully imagine everyday being like this. Five days a week, eight hours a day or even more without pay.

The door opened behind her but she was so focused on the words on the documents. Someone had cleared their throat and she jumped, flinging the papers everywhere. “Noooo” she was devastated but she looked up and was in more fear when she realized it was Kaiba. He gave her a cold glance then his gaze fell on all the documents scattered everywhere.

“Why are you still here?” He asked roughly. “I-I wasn’t f-finished with my work. I clocked out though, but I wanted to stay and finish” Kiandra tried to keep eye contact but those eyes of his made her feel weak.

“You what?” A look of confusion quickly appeared in his face but then vanished as he put down his suitcase. He knelt down and started to pick up the papers, Kiandra panicked. “Oh no Mr. Kaiba. I’ll pick it up, this was my fault” She knelt down to pick up the papers but he held out a hand telling her to stop. She did, unsure of what to do she watched him until he had picked them all up.
He handed them to her, “Go home and finish. You can take these home and read them there” With that he left. Kiandra stood there a bit stunned but quickly gathered her things and rushed out the door.

****

“Where have you been?! There is no way he had you work twelve hours!” Lucinda shouted worriedly when she walked through the door. Kiandra looked like crap, eyes red by staring at the computer nonstop. She let out a yawn, shaking her head. “He didn’t. I clocked out after my eight hours, but I still had so much to do, I couldn’t just leave. So I stayed to finish but Mr. Kaiba found out and told me to just finish at home”. There goes the confused look on Lucinda’s face.

Confusion everywhere.

“I’m going to my room to finish my work, I want it done when I walk through those doors again” Kiandra stated, saying her goodnight and locked herself in the room. The night did indeed felt long. She was starting to doubt if she had made the right choice in choosing this job, but she had to keep going.

It wasn’t until 3am that she was finished with proof reading the documents. She even changed a few things within it feeling it would suit the document better. “Only a couple hours of sleep. Better get to it” She curled up under her covers and instantly went to sleep but it had only felt like a few minutes when her alarm came to life. A pillow flung at it but failed to turn the blaring noise off.

She rubbed her face with the pillow she still had then moved to her palms. “Wake up, wake up” She mumbled to herself. She resorted to rolling off the bed, thumping onto the ground. “Agh…that worked”.

****

http://www.polyvore.com/cgi/set?id=131290811 (Her outfit for today)

“You sure you’re gonna be ok?” Lucinda was worried seeing the bags under Kiandra eyes. She looked more of a zombie than Lucinda did in the morning. “Yeah, I’ll be” Yawn, “…fine…” Lucinda wasn’t convinced but waved Kiandra off as she walked out the door.

Her cell jingled as she gazed down at it.

'Good mornin! It’s Joey'.

She smiled, 'Good morning to you too. You’re up early'.

She found it was only 6:40.

'I’m usually not up early but have to run errands for my mom >///>' he replied.

She giggled but she thought it was adorable, 'I’m heading to work myself'.

The phone dinged again, she was only about a block away from work.

'When are ya off? Like your day off'.

She knew it was only a Wednesday, 'I am off on the weekends. Luckily the office I work at is closed on the weekends'.

She stopped for a moment in front of the glass double doors. She didn’t want to walk in like this but she didn’t have to wait long.

'This Saturday would be great if you are up to it'.

She smiled and tapped away, 'it will be perfect'.

With that she put her phone away, she would check his reply during break.

Kiandra said her hellos to Kyoko but couldn’t stop. She wanted to papers on Kaiba’s desk before he arrived. She made it to the top floor, thankfully only a couple people have settled into their little caves. She scurried to the double wooden doors and slowly opened one. No sign of Kaiba anywhere. With long strides she was at his desk within seconds, placing down the documents neatly as possible. A triumphant smile grew across her lips as she turned to leave.

She bumped into someone hard…and tall? She let out a scared yelp as she held her chest, recovering from the small heart attack she had experienced. Kaiba looked down in amusement on how skittish Kiandra really was. “What are you doing in here?” He growled more than asked. She choked on her words, stuttering all over the place until she could finally just pause and pull her thoughts together.

“I wanted to leave the documents on your desk sir. I didn’t want them to be even more late than they already were” As she continued to speak her eyes slowly trailed to the floor, no longer having the will power to keep eye contact.

Kaiba slightly brushed past her, laying down his suitcase and glancing towards the documents. He shifted around towards the other items that sat upon his desk but nothing else was touched. Kiandra was about to step away until his rough voice made her freeze, “Stay”.

Oh bother, she already felt like she was in deep crap.

Kaiba scanned each word carefully, turning the pages. Damn was he a fast reader, than again he was a complete genius for only being 23. His face slowly distorted into shock, sometimes having to re-read a page.

“Is…s-something wrong Mr. Kaiba? I’m sorry if I ruined it, I only thought if I were to proof read it I should make…a few edits but you don’t have to use them” “You did all this?” He mumbled more to himself than to her but she nodded, quickly saying yes since he wasn’t looking if she was nodding. A small chuckle suddenly erupted in his throat, oh god his chuckle, sent chills down her spine. ‘Stop it Kia!” She yelled within herself.

“You weren’t such a mistake after all. You’ll be to some use to me” He stated, carefully shoving the documents into a drawer. “Um…Thank you Mr. Kaiba” She couldn’t tell if that would be a compliment or just a plain insult. For now she’ll take it as a compliment.

“You’re dismiss” He didn’t bothering giving her another glance as he sat down, typing away at his own computer. She bowed, leaving out the door but stopped again, “By the way, you will be picking up Mokuba again. He was requesting for you”. She was a bit shocked but nodded, “Yes sir”.

She finally threw herself out the door before she could be stopped again and quickly shut the door behind her. Her heart sank though when she saw the look on Marilynn’s face. If they weren’t in a professional environment, she would have clawed poor Kiandra’s face off. “What were you doing in there?” She asked, venom dripping. “I was…giving him the documents that I finished. He also asked me to pick up his little brother again. That was all” She didn’t stutter as bad as she did with Kaiba. He was just scarier than her.

“That better be all” She snarled, storming into Kaiba’s office but switching to a more elegant walk as she appeared before him. She gave Kiandra one last glare before shutting the door. She sighed, she may love where she moved but she hated the situation she was probably getting dragged into.