Status: I will try my best to also follow the shows story but I also like going my own path as well. I do hope you enjoy and I would love feedback. Maybe even feedback on the title because I'll be honest. Nothing came to mind at the moment ^^

The CEO's Assistant

Chapter Seven: Friday Night Plans

A couple days had gone by. It was becoming those days where you would say ‘same thing different day’ phrase. Kiandra would come to work about an hour early to get ahead on a few things before her boss would arrive.

Her irritation with Marilynn grew worse since her attitude was becoming worse as well. Kiandra wouldn’t be surprised if she heard about her going into Kaiba’s mansion, which was the last thing she needed spreading around the office.

Kiandra and Joey would text frequently making sure that Saturday was still the plan. She was excited for the most part. She was going to make some friends in the area, which she desperately needed.

Yeah, Lucinda was amazing to be with but even in high school and college, Lucinda was her ONLY friend. Would be nice to have a change. It was Friday now, typing away at her computer. Every so often glancing at the clock. Marilynn nor Kaiba had sent her for any errands today which was strange for her. All she’s been doing was doing paper work, checking emails and reminding people of appointments. Like regular office stuff.

It was already passed the time to pick up Mokuba. It already bummed her out since he was the high light of the day. Marilynn had told her earlier that she was not to pick up Mokuba and suddenly left.
Kiandra had wondered if Marilynn left to pick him up, not wanting her anywhere near the mansion again. If that was the case she wanted to strangle her. In just the short amount of four days she had gotten attached to the young Kaiba.

The time had come. Time to clock out and get the hell out of there before anything else popped up. Kiandra had everything done since she was stuck in the office all day. She had been done for quite some time, causing her to do anything else to kill time.

She had organized her drawers and desk. She even organized Kaiba’s email by putting meeting emails in one section, sponsors in another and anything to do with his new theme park in one, well in the making. So on and so forth.

She stretched her sore limbs. The people around her still typing away at their computer or rustling to gather their stuff to leave as well. She darted to the elevator with joy and just as the doors started to close she could see Kaiba’s door open but she didn’t see her boss leave the room for the elevator doors had completely shut. She smiled in triumph.

Kyoko smiled seeing Kiandra skip out of the elevator. “You survived your first week. That’s a good sign. Means Mr. Kaiba would like to keep you” She giggled, winking. Kiandra knew she was joking since during her lunches, she would meet up with Kyoko.

They would gossip about Marilynn.

Kiandra wasn’t much for gossiping but she needed to know what really she had to handle. Apparently Marilynn has the hots for Kaiba. Go figure. Though it’s unsure if Kaiba is responding since they are always alone.

Kyoko and Kiandra believed they were messing about just so they could giggle about it. “Yeah, I’m so glad I did. I felt like I was going to lose my sanity. At least now I know what to prepare for each week”. Kyoko nodded, “I hope you enjoy your weekend. I have to stay a bit longer. I always have so much to do Friday, preparing for the next week”. “I hope it goes well, see you later and have a good weekend!” Kiandra waved as she waved back.

The streets were busier than ever. People crowded the side walks and traffic on the street was horrid. Bumper to bumper. Kiandra clicked her phone open to see it was 5pm, rush hour. She pushed her way through the crowds back home. Since it was Friday she would like to ask Lucinda if she would want to go out tonight. They hadn’t spent that much time together with Kiandra’s job and Lucinda being out mostly at night for hers.

Kiandra burst through the door to see Lucinda on the couch watching TV. Before she could turn to see who it was, Kiandra had already tackled her. “Lucy! It’s Friday” Kiandra giggled as they rustled to the ground. Lucinda gasped, “We should totally go out! We may meet some hotties”.

Kiandra rolled her eyes, typical. She couldn’t say that Lucinda had a lot of boyfriends through high school and college. She did date a lot of guys but it was super rare when she got serious with one. She’s probably only got serious with two but they sort of left.

Lucinda most likely wants to try her luck with Japanese men since California men (more like boys) were…well…let’s call them douches. “Do you even know where we would go?” Kiandra questioned, surely Lucinda would have already looked up all the fun things to do in the city.

She appeared to be in thought for a few moments, “Well…there’s a lot to do actually. During my days off I saw all kinds of things. Kaiba does own a dueling stadium. It looks like fun. Maybe watch these famous duels we hear about”. Kiandra groaned, she wasn’t going to take the chance to see her boss again. Who knows if he goes over there during the weekend when he’s not working at the office.

Kiandra shook her head, “Not a chance. I can’t risk seeing my boss there. That would be horrid. Maybe another day we can but after the first week I’ve had over at Kaiba Corp, I don’t really want to see my boss during my days off”. “Fair enough” Lucy shrugged. “I do have to meet a friend tomorrow. He’s going to introduce me to his other friends and show me around the city. You should come” Kiandra suggested.

It didn’t really solve the dilemma they had now but it was something.

Lucy’s eyebrows perked up, “That sounds like fun. Though later that night I have to go host a Duel Monsters battle in Kaiba’s stadium”. “Wait you work there?” Kiandra’s eyes were wide. Lucy only shrugged, “Not all the time. But it will be where most my jobs are. That’s why I suggested that place”. “I’m surprised you are going to be a host for that card game. You don’t know anything about the game” “You don’t either!” That was true.

They both hadn’t picked up the famous card game that was such a big hit. Lucinda didn’t bother picking it up since she felt it wasn’t her type of game. She didn’t want to admit that it was too difficult for her to. Kiandra couldn’t because she was too wrapped in her studies. She did want to pick up the game though. But who would really teach her now unless she looked up on how to learn on her own.

“Yeah I know. Well maybe we can just walk through the city. There’s a lot of bars, arcades and what nots. We can just hop around” Kiandra suggested as Lucy grinned, “That’s a great idea! Well heels are off the list then. Who knows how much walking we’d do” Kiandra only giggled.