Status: I will try my best to also follow the shows story but I also like going my own path as well. I do hope you enjoy and I would love feedback. Maybe even feedback on the title because I'll be honest. Nothing came to mind at the moment ^^

The CEO's Assistant

Chapter Eight: What Creeps in the Night

http://www.polyvore.com/cgi/set?id=131292090 (Lucinda's Outfit for the night)

http://www.polyvore.com/cgi/set?id=131292467 (Kiandra's Outfit for the night)

It didn’t take them long to get ready. It already 7pm and they were pumped for the night. Lucinda wore a leather jacket over a leaf green top along with dark blue jeans and converse that matched her tank top. Kiandra on the other hand went for a black corset with a school girl black skirt. Her black tights hugged her slender legs and black knee high boots to top it off.

“You aren’t bringing a jacket?” Lucinda questioned, raising a brow at Kiandra’s choice of clothing in the middle of fall.

She only giggled, “With all the walking we will do I’m sure I won’t get cold. Besides, I like the cold”. Lucy only gave her a weird glance but shrugged it off, she was already use to her weirdness.

Kiandra may have been a sort of a geek with studying but she was a nerd as well. She loved the Goth things and video games icons. She was fascinated with fantasy and mythology things. It may have made her an oddball but it also made her unique.

“Watch out Domino city! Here we come!” Lucinda shouted the moment she opened the apartment door, oh dear. Kiandra shook her head but followed her other half into down. They wandered down the streets, passing by the ready to be night owls.

Groups of people having a blast, couples, girlfriends. Even some Duel Monster battles were randomly happening here and there. “I can never get over how real those graphics look” Kiandra spoke to herself but Lucinda nodded in agreement.

“Oh let’s go here!” Lucy shouted in excitement, linking arms with Kiandra. She looked up seeing a flashing sign saying ‘Exp Bar’. Kiandra nodded her head as they waltz right in. The shelves behind the bar had dusty old potion looking bottles for decoration. There were some old classic arcade games on one side of the bar. But the bar and some of the drinks were decorated to look like a video game.

They grabbed a seat at the bar, waiting for the bar tender to notice them on busy Friday night. “Excuse me! These two lovely ladies would like a drink” a young man’s voice caught the attention of the bar tender that kept passing them. “Oh I’m sorry, what would you like” the bartender asked, he was slightly annoyed by the young man who called out to him but smiled when he saw the two women.

Lucinda smiled, “Washington Apple” “and I’ll have just a coke and rum” Kiandra simply smiled. The man stood there for a few moments but went off to retrieve their order. The girls turned to the young man. He had jet black spiked hair and emerald eyes. He wore dice earrings which really suit him.

“My name’s Duke Devlin. Could I have the name of the two lovely ladies?” Lucinda giggled as Kiandra shook her head. “Lucinda Crutell but you can call me Lucy too. This is my best friend Kiandra Heart”. Duke lifted Lucy’s hand and kissed it gently earning a dark blush on her cheeks, “it’s very nice to meet you”. The drinks had arrived as Duke and Lucinda began to chat.

It didn’t bother Kiandra though. As long as her friend was having fun, it didn’t bother her that she was becoming a third wheel. It never did when Lucinda had a boyfriend. There were times she wanted someone close to her but she wasn’t going to rush it. The bar was actually pretty loud. Everyone trying to talk over each other.

Glasses clinking against one another or on the tables. It wasn’t that loud just loud enough for Kiandra to notice since there was nothing else to focus on.
Suddenly someone jabbed her in the side as she glared. It was pretty pathetic though since she had such a doll face that the glare didn’t work well. Lucy only had a smile on her face as Duke was staring right at her as well.

“What?” Kiandra asked, a bit confused. “We were trying to talk to you. You always daze out so easily” Lucy whined, playfully hitting Kiandra on the arm. “I’m sorry. What was it?” “I was asking you where you worked. Lucy’s been telling me how you two are new to the city but you were able to snag a job pretty quickly” Duke stepped in, giving his charming smirk.

“I work at Kaiba Corp as Mr. Kaiba’s assistant…well second assistant” She finished her drink, pushing it away from her to show she was done. Duke’s smirk dropped as he stared at her, “Really? The Seto Kaiba. Wow, I know a group of friends of mine don’t like him at all. How are you standing it so far?”

Kiandra only shrugged, “I’m surviving. It was a lot harder than I expected but thankfully I made a couple good friends in the company that helped me get through my first week” Duke gave her a thoughtful look and smiled.

“I better run, I need to meet a few of my friends tomorrow morning” Duke exclaimed, kissing Lucy’s hand again. “I’m sure we will meet again” with that he walked off as Lucinda waved with a bashful smile. “Oh he’s so cute!!” She squealed, bringing her fists to her chin, curling up a bit with her eyes closed shut.

She hasn’t looked this excited since she found her favorite dress on sale in California. Kiandra giggled softly, “Well you’ll meet him again I’m sure. Seems like downtown is the place to go”.
The rest of the night was a blast. They had a few drinks, getting a bit too loud as they reminisced about high school and college. All the good and bad but it placed a smile on their faces. It was getting pretty late, even the bar was becoming empty.

The two girls stumbled out of the bar as they looked for a taxi to catch a ride with but there wasn’t any. “Maybe we should call a cab” Kiandra fumbled for her phone as they started to walk home. Lucinda dizzily looked around as Kiandra growled when she couldn’t find it.

“I must have left it at the apartment” she mumbled, cursing under her breath. “Let’s try yours” she turned to Lucinda who was grinning stupidly. “Forgot mine too” she chirped like it was no big deal. Kiandra groaned as they stumbled along the sidewalk, arms linked so they could keep balance with each other. The more they walked the less people there were which made Kiandra uncomfortable.

“It’s like one of those bad horror movies…two drunk girls alone only to be jumped by some crazy psycho” Kiandra whimpered as she glanced around. Lucinda rolled her eyes, making her stumble. “You watch too many of these movies. That won’t happen” just as she said that, a couple men stepped out of an ally blocking their way.

“You jinxed us…” Lucy whimpered as they stopped. They took one step back but found another man had appeared behind them. They stepped away from him, finding themselves in a pickle.