Status: I will try my best to also follow the shows story but I also like going my own path as well. I do hope you enjoy and I would love feedback. Maybe even feedback on the title because I'll be honest. Nothing came to mind at the moment ^^

The CEO's Assistant

Chapter Nine: Oh Dear

Kiandra pushed Lucinda behind her. There’s that saying where alcohol shows your true colors or brings out the person you want to be. Kiandra had more confidence then, as if she was the toughest thing there. She wouldn’t be able to stand up to three guys sober. She’d panic and probably cry. Kiandra clutched a pepper spray bottle in her palm. She kept it out of sight.

“Pretty girls like you shouldn’t be walking out this late” one of the men chuckled. “Don’t you hear the news? Something bad always happens after dark”. They all laughed, coming closer with each breath they took between chuckles.

One had lunged out but Kiandra took out her pepper spray. She aimed the best she could with dizzy sight and sprayed the man right in the eyes. The man howled in pain, falling to his knees, rubbing his face to stop the pain.

“Get back!” Kiandra shouted, threatening to spray the other men as she switched back and forth to the two men still standing. At first they were taken back by her sudden courage but smirked. “You’re only making it worse for yourself” another man grabbed her wrist when she was distracted by the other. He forced the pepper spray out of her hands as Lucy screamed in fear.

“Lucy go! Get help!” Kiandra shouted, fighting against the guy who had grabbed her.

Lucy ran as she stumbled across the street. The other guy was about to run after her when Kiandra lifted up her skirt with her free hand, pulling a dragon dagger strapped to her leg. She threw it as it plunged itself in the guy’s leg. The man screamed, falling to the ground and gripping his bleeding leg.

“You bitch!” He screamed in agony as Kiandra watch Lucy run out of sight. The guy holding her slapped her across the face. The force had knocked her to the ground. She groaned, her head was spinning from being drunk and now slapped.

She couldn’t give up now. ‘I have to keep fighting’ she thought to herself but before she could react, the man who slapped her roughly gripped her shoulders forcing her to stand.

“You’re more trouble than your worth!” The man growled. His friend who was pepper sprayed recovered and stood up. His eyes blood shot as he kept blinking away the tears, “I’d throw her off the bridge!” The confidence was wearing off, she was panicking now. Tears welled up in her eyes. That’s when a car light beamed on the men and her. She tightly closed her eyes, blinded by the high beams.

“I’d let her go if I was you” a cold voice came to her ears. ‘Oh dear’ was all she could think when the young man’s silhouette came into view. It was none other than Seto Kaiba with Lucy cowering behind him. Even the man who was wailing because of his leg wound stopped and stared. “Shit” the man mumbled who was holding Kiandra.

She took that chance but lifting her leg up and lunges it straight into his groin. His voice went into a higher pitch as he held his jewels, falling to his knees.

Kiandra quickly went to the guy with her dagger, pulling it out with a sickening sound. The guy wailed even louder as she ran behind Kaiba and Lucy hugging her for dear life. Kaiba was a bit bewildered by Kiandra’s actions just now but he quickly brushed it off and glared down at the three man. “If you don’t leave within 10 seconds I will personally drag you to the authorities myself” He growled, taking a step forward toward them.

They stumbled against each other and the two men helped their buddy up with the damaged leg. They scurried off into the darkness and the only sound left was Lucy’s hysterical crying. Kiandra rubbed her back soothingly to help calm her down.

“I’m taking you home” Kaiba softly spoke, leading them into the limo he had waiting for them. She had never heard him talk in such a soft tone but didn’t say anything against it. Leading Lucinda into the limo and sitting silently there as the car drove off.

Lucinda sniffed away her tears, “I was so worried Kia, I thought you were a goner and I…I” her eyes started to well up again as Kiandra rubbed her back again. “We’re fine now. Let’s just not go out so late again…and not leave our phones at home” Kiandra giggled softly with a gentle smile on her face assuring Lucinda it was alright.

Kaiba couldn’t understand it. This shy young girl was able to cause such damage and yet stay so strong. She managed to even laugh this all off. “If this happens again I want you to call me” Kaiba spoke up, he was glaring out the window with his arms and legs crossed. “W-what? But Mr. Kaiba I couldn’t-”

“You will. You already stumbling in the streets would look bad on my company. Also if you were hurt, work wouldn’t get done if you are sitting home recovering. From now on you will call if it gets to that point. Understand?” He didn’t even bother to glance in her direction.

‘What an ass!’ Was all she could scream inside, “Yes Mr. Kaiba”. They arrived in front of the apartment complex since Kiandra had given the instructions. Lucinda had literally passed out on Kiandra’s lap and she couldn’t get her to budge. “Oh my” she mumbled, pulling her gently out of the car by her arms.

“Here” Kaiba lifted Lucinda like a feather by supporting her back with his left arm and his right arm under her knees. She only stirred slightly but continued to snore softly.

Kaiba crawled out of the limo with her as Kiandra led the way to the apartment door. She unlocked it, letting him in. She directed him to her room as he laid her down gently, covering her up. Kiandra couldn’t understand how this man could be such an ass then a sweet man, only to revert back to an ass.

She sighed, this man would be the end of her. Kaiba closed the door and it had become silent. More like an awkward silence. She had expected him to dart out the door but he stood there, taking in his surroundings like he was observing her apartment.

Kiandra cleared her throat having those cold eyes revert to her, “Thank you again Mr. Kaiba”. She wasn’t sure what else she could say. The gaze he was giving her made her uncomfortable. If she kept going she would stutter like no tomorrow. He finally huffed with a slight smirk, “This just means you will have to owe me”. He didn’t just say what she thinks he said. He started to walk out, gripping the door as he turned back to glance at her, “Have a goodnight”.

The door clicked shut as Kiandra quickly rushed to lock the door. She felt antsy at that moment. “I’ll just sleep it off. Just think good thoughts. Like seeing Joey tomorrow with his friends” she sighed, dragging her feet to her room and flopping onto her bed. She didn’t bother to change and quickly drift into a very strange dream.