Sequel: Since She's Been Gone
Status: Enjoy :3

Cancer

I told him

Gerard and I were sitting on my front porch. I was in my favorite rocking chair rocking back and forth staring at him, wondering if I should tell him or not. Gerard looked over at me.

"Sammie?" he asked curiously.

"Yeah?" I asked, blushing a little and looking away because I don't stare at him like that often.

"Why you staring at me?" He asked.

"Just trying to decide something" I said as I stared across the street into the forest.

"Decide what?" he asked, knowing I didn't want to tell him, but wanting to see if I'll tell him.

"Something" I said as I stared blankly into the forest.

"Okay" he said, knowing he wasn't going to get it out of me.

We sat there in silence for about an hour before I looked at him.

"Gerard, what would you do if I tell you I had cancer?" I asked curiously.

"Cry, write a song about it, cry, stay with you all the time and probably cry more" he said looking at me.

"Oh..." I said looking sad. I didn't want him to cry over me, but I need to tell him.

"Wait, Sammie, Do you have cancer?" he asked looking at me. I stayed quiet.

"You do, don't you?" he said and. I nodded slightly.

From that moment on, until the day I died he stayed by my side, he wrote a song with me and he promised me that he would put it on one of his albums. I'm sorry that I had to leave him, he's so fragile, and now he's hurt. He lost his best friend.
♠ ♠ ♠
Sorry that it's rather short but this is for a contest so :P It's my first one-shot >.<