You Fall Apart and Then You...Stop!

Chapter 1

"Hi everyone, my names uh...Jack Harris and uh, I'm an alcoholic," Jack said, holding his coffee cup a little too tightly.

"Hi Jack," everyone said in unison.

What the hell am I even doing here? I dont belong here. I DON'T. I'm not an alcoholic, I'm not an addict! I've made it fucken clear to everyone that I can stop whenever the hell I want. I just don't see myself stopping anytime soon.

As Jack kept talking, I found myself realizing that I didnt need to be here. I could just tell everyone that I came. No one would know.

I slowly got up, and quietly slipped out of the meeting room, closing the door ever so quietly. I was home free, that was, until I turned around and bumped into someone spilling hot coffee on us.

I looked up to find a familiar face, but I couldn't place her name. "Fuck!" she yelled in pain, trying to rub off as much scolding liquid off of her as possible.

"I'm so sorry," I apologized, helping her rub off some of the coffee.

I looked up at her once more to see her giving me a questioning look as she looked down at my hands. "Maybe you should take me out to dinner first before you touch the merchandise there sweetie," she said in a thick sweet voice.

I looked down at my hands to see that I was rubbing her chest, and her friends that lived there. I felt my face get hot and I quickly removed my hands. "I'm so-"

"Sorry" she interrupted, "I got it."

The door to the AA meeting opened "Is everything okay?" I heard Benny, the 60 something group leader, ask.

"Yeah, everything's cool," she said staring over at me.

Benny smiled at her, "I'm surprised you made it," he told her.

She shrugged, "I'm a busy girl."

"Well, what are you waiting for, come in." Benny said going back inside to the meeting.

She headed towards the door, but before going inside she turned back to talk to me.

"You coming?" she asked.

"Nah, I uh...already had my turn." I lied sticking my hands in my sweater pockets.

She raised a curious brow at me, "Let me guess, you dont belong here, you can stop anytime you want?"

I sighed deeply and shut my eyes, "I can."

She laughed softly.

"What?" I asked, annoyed at her...everything!

"You're funny. Mostly because we both know that's bullshit," she said.

"How would you know?"

She smirked, "Because I'm an addict," she said before going into the meeting room.