You Fall Apart and Then You...Stop!

Chapter 3

I stayed for the rest of the meeting, watching as Andy Fucken Smiles, the girl whose been on the cover of just about every rock magazine as one of the hottest girls in rock,and currently the best guitarist on the scene, listened to every sob story of these junkies who clearly needed help.

"Good meeting everyone!" Benny said, "You have all earned your chip today."

Chip?

"Please make two lines and come up and get 'em" Benny said, smiling proudly.

He handed some chips to Andy to pass out. The lines quickly formed, and I veered to Andy's line.

"Should I even give you one?" She asked.

"Please," I begged.

"Why should I?" She asked.

"Because I'm an addict?" I asked.

"Try again," she muttered, she was getting annoyed. "This time dont treat it like its a joke."

"Because I need proof I was here." I finally admitted.

"Good boy," she said as she tossed me the chip.

"Who's your friend Andy?" Benny asked as he came over and squeezed her shoulder. She smiled up at him affectionately.

"Oh sorry," she said, "Pop Pop this is Max, our bands are touring together," she explained.

"Max," she said, "This is my grandpa, 'Pop Pop'," she introduced him.

Benny extended his arm out to me. I shook his hand.

"I don't think I heard you speak today," he said. Shit.

"I did, it was brief," I lied, shoving my hands, and my chip, in my sweater pockets.

He nodded, choosing to believe me. "I'll be closing the place in a minute, you guys better get going, I know you guys have a show over in Indiana." He said going over to clean up the refreshments table.

"I could help," Andy offered.

"Alexxandria, I'm serious, go." He said.

She nodded, and headed for the exit.

I on the other hand decided to help by folding up the chairs. It was too much work for an old man like him to do by himself.

He looked at me approvingly. "I like you Max," he said.

"Thank you Sir" I smiled and then headed towards the exit.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I found Andy smoking outside of the building, arms crossed tightly trying to keep the chilly Pennsylvania night air away from her.

"Smoking?" I asked.

"Its keeping me warm, you know since my shirts still wet," she said taking another drag of her cigarette.

"Fuck I forgot, I'm..." I let my sentence hang in the air waiting for her to finish it.

"You're....?' she asked.

"You usually finish for me," I said giving her a small smile.

She returned it, "I didn't know it was suddenly my job to finish your sentences" she joked.

"Can I have one?" I asked.

She nodded taking her pack out and tossing it to me. I took one out and stuck it between my lips. I handed her the pack, and leaned in to her hands as she lit it for me. I looked up at her and watched as the flame illuminated her face making her blue eyes sparkle.

It was silent and I felt as though I was capable of spending eternity in that gaze of hers but then my butt rang, startling me, which in turn startled her, making the flame burn her.

She yelped in surprise and pain. She dropped the lighter, took a step back and put her thumb in her mouth.

"I'm so sorry," I said dropping my cigarette and walking over to her to make sure she was okay. "Let me see," I said, motioning for her to give me her hand.

"I'm fine," she said, letting me see her minor burn, "I'll live, dont worry."

"I keep burning you," I realized.

"Funny," she said sucking on her thumb, shivering.

I took off my sweater and held it out for her to take.

She shook her head, "No thanks, I'm good." she said as she shivered again.

"Just take it," I told her.

She looked at it for several second before she took it. "Thanks," she said.

"So, we should probably head back before the buses leave without us," I told her.

She nodded. "Good idea."