In Exchange for Magic

42

Two guards stepped forward and withdrew their swords.

The elf girl started to panic. Her hands shook and her eyes darted around the room for some sort of weapon.

The King smiled grimly as the guards drew back.

Ez bowed his head, accepting his fate. The elf girl let out a broken sob and launched herself at him, staggering on her knees.

The guards must have thought she was trying to escape, because they cried out and lunged after her.

The elf girl knocked her forehead against the side of Ez's face in her attempt to get closer to him. Surprised and confused, Ez turned towards her.

The guards thrust their swords forwards.

The elf girl planted her lips, wet with tears, on Ez's and squeezed her eyes shut in anticipation.

It's as if it happened in slow motion... The two swords pierced my two companions at the exact same time. The elf girl let out a shriek as the sword sliced through her stomach. Ez was painfully silent as he went limp... The blade passing straight through his chest.

They collapsed on the floor. Pale. Motionless. Silver blood created a soggy pool on the floor.

"Get rid of them," the King said between a yawn. "When is lunch?"
♠ ♠ ♠
Oh my God, I am the meanest person alive.

Bring on the angry comments, baby!

MUAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHA!