Status: Active <3

Trouble

Doctor, Doctor

I woke up with a pair of arms wrapped lightly around me and sighed, Nathan and I had spent a long time talking about everything, and in the end I had to face it, the decision to have the surgery now was the best one.
I was going into the hospital today to organise it.
“Hey” Nathan’s husky voice sounded “Morning” he breathed, kissing my shoulder lightly.
“Morning” I said, smiling weakly.
“Are you ok?” Nathan asked.
“I’m, worried” I mumbled.
Nathan let out a breath “I don’t want you to hate me for this” he breathed “I know I’m the reason you’re going to have the surgery and…” he attempted.
I shook my head “No” I sighed “In the end I realised it was what I needed to do, Mark convinced me that…” I began.
“Mark?” Nathan frowned, cutting me off.
“Yeah, we met up for coffee and…”I attempted.
“Wait, so, after you kicked me out, you went to see him?” Nathan questioned.
“No” I breathed “He texted me, I needed to get out of the apartment so I went” I sighed.
“Right, and he convinced you on what exactly?” Nathan asked.
“To talk to you” I breathed.
“Really?” Nathan questioned.
“Yeah, he knows how much you mean to me, and he thought I was wrong” I breathed.
“Wow, Mark and I agreed on something” Nathan breathed.
I sighed, sliding from the bed “I’m going to jump in the shower” I said.
Nathan nodded as I turned.

When I got out of the shower I changed and grabbed my bag, in the kitchen, Nathan was making pancakes, shirtless.
“I think that’s highly dangerous” I announced.
Nathan grinned “Too hot in here for you?” He asked.
I rolled my eyes “Where is your shirt?” I demanded.
“I made pancake batter go everywhere, it was quicker to take it off” Nathan shrugged.
“You’re ridicules’” I said, smiling.
“I was hoping to get a real smile out of you today” Nathan said, placing a plate across the bench for me.
“I’m sorry I’ve been so, off” I sighed.
“I understand why” Nathan sighed “Babe…” He began.
“These are good” I breathed, cutting him off before he said anything else.
“I know” Nathan said, smiling a small smile.
“Really, these are the best pancakes ever” I announced.
“Glad you’re enjoying them” Nathan said, turning off the pan “I’m going to grab a shower” He said.
“You’re not eating yet?” I asked.
“I had a few when I started cooking” Nathan shrugged, turning.
“I’m leaving soon” I said.
“I’m coming” Nathan sounded “I want to be there, I want to hear the facts” he said.
“Ok” I said.
Nathan took off for the bathroom and I sighed, nibbling on the last of the pancakes.

“So you’re clear on what needs to happen, how the removal will go, do you have any questions?” The doctor asked.
A specialist on the condition I had was planning the surgery that was one thing I was uncomfortable with, I didn’t know him. But I knew of him, and I knew he was good.
“What’s the percentage, the risk, of me losing my baby?” I whispered.
“Well usually the risk is high, but I’ve reviewed your tests, and I plan on doing a few more before the surgery, it seems that you’re on the border, which means the risk is lower” The doctor breathed.
“That didn’t answer her question” Nathan breathed.
“There’s a thirty percent chance she’ll lose the baby” The doctor said.
“Thirty?” I breathed.
The doctor nodded “You’re lucky this was caught early, the mass might have grown if not, and then both you and the baby would not have survived the birth” he said.
“So when will the surgery happen?” I asked.
“I need a few more tests done before we can do the surgery, a week is enough time” The doctor sounded.
“A week, but I thought this needed to be done asap” Nathan breathed.
“It does, but a week won’t change anything, doing tests are important to find out more details into what we are dealing with” The doctor said “Now, I’ve got paperwork for you to take home and fill out and you know where to go for the tests” he sounded, turning to me.
“I’ll get them done” I said.
“Call my receptionist, she’ll organise times and I’ll see you then”.
The doctor walked us out and as soon as we were in the hall Nathan turned to me “I don’t like him” he said.
“Why?” I frowned.
“He was, arrogant” Nathan breathed.
“Ok” I sighed “Nate, most doctors are, but he’s the best there is” I shrugged.
“I just don’t get a good vibe” Nathan shrugged.
I rolled my eyes “Vibe?” I demanded.
“Mmm, Vibe” Nathan repeated.
I sighed “I don’t rely on vibes, I rely on fact, and the fact is that he is a great doctor” I sighed.
“How many tests are on that list?” Nathan asked.
I sighed, looking at the paper “Quite a few, I’ve got to book them all” I said.
“Now?” Nathan questioned.
“I can do it tomorrow, I’m working” I said.
“Should you be working?” Nathan asked.
“I’m fine to work” I breathed.
“You’re going to work right up until the surgery?” Nathan questioned.
“I don’t see why not” I shrugged.
“Are you serious?” Nathan frowned.
“What?” I sighed, jumping down the last step and turning.
“You need to take it easy” Nathan pointed out, stepping down to the second last step.
I sighed, jumping up to the first step and placing my hands on Nathan’s shoulders “I love you Nate, and I respect what you think, but you need to trust me, I need to be working, I need to keep busy” I said.
“Fine” Nathan sighed.
♠ ♠ ♠
HI,
it' been a while
if anyone sees this, let me know :)
Mibba's been a bit quite recently...
anyone know any good reads out there??

Simz <3