Status: Active <3

Trouble

Sorry

“Benjamin Orlando Keton you get back here now” I exclaimed, shaking my head as three year old Ben crawled across the floor.
I laughed as he looked at me, smiling and scurrying off.
“I’ll get him, you concentrate” Ashley said, rolling her eyes and handing me a hairclip as she went off to grab Ben.
“BEN! How did you get that?” I heard Ashley yell from the other room. I laughed, shaking my head again, Ben always got into things he shouldn’t.
She came in a few minutes later, holding Ben, who was waving his arms around, looking defeated.
“What are you up to Ben?” I asked.
“I go to eat” Ben announced.
I shook my head as I spotted the chocolate bar in Ben’s hand.
“He climbed up the shelf, how’d he do that so fast?” Ashley asked.
“You’d be amazed what Beni boy can do” I said, rolling my eyes.
“I want chocolate” Ben snapped, waving the chocolate in Ashley’s face.
“Aunty Ashley doesn’t like snappers” Ashley announced.
“I WANT CHOCOLATE” Ben exclaimed, looking at me.
“Any other day I’d be more strict on him and say no, but I don’t want us to be late” I said, sighing.
“Today’s the one day that it’d be ok if you were the one late” Ashley announced, putting Ben down on the ground.
“If I’m late, Mark will get antsy, he’ll think I changed my mind” I sighed.
“Why?” Ashley asked.
“I don’t know” I sighed.
“Would you?” Ashley asked.
“No” I breathed, looking down at the engagement ring on my finger “This wedding is happening” I said slowly.
“You don’t sound so, enthusiastic about it” Ashley pointed out, her expression softening.
“I am” I breathed “You know I’m happy, I have this munchkin and things with Mark are working” I shrugged.
“Funny how you said things are working, not things are good” Ashley pointed out.
“Things are good” I breathed.
“Ok” Ashley said, sighing “I’m going to take Mr chocolate face to get ready” She added.
I smiled “Thanks Ash” I said.
Ashley didn’t say anything as she exited the room.
I sighed, finishing off my hair before turning to my dress, it was beautiful, but as I slipped it on, something felt off, I felt all wrong, and I couldn’t understand why.
I fixed up my makeup, hearing in the background the sound of the bell ringing, but I ignored it.
When someone knocked on my door, I sighed, “Come in” I said, thinking it was my mother, or someone else who was helping organise the day.
I couldn’t see as they opened and shut the door, but the voice was unmistakable, it sent pain all the way through me.
“Wow, you look, beautiful” he breathed.
I jumped standing up and turning, my hands shaking “What are you doing here Nathan?” I demanded.
“I had to see you” Nathan said, moving closer.
I backed away, shaking my head “No” I breathed “Don’t come near me” I added.
“I…” Nathan began.
“Why?” I whispered “Why today?” I demanded.
“I heard you were getting married” Nathan mumbled.
“So you thought you’d try and ruin that?” I snapped.
“NO” Nathan breathed, shaking his head “I just, I wanted to see you” he said, stepping closer again.
“Stop” I breathed.
“Sim” Nathan breathed “I need to…” he attempted.
“You walked away” I whispered, cutting him off “You left me, you broke every thing we had, it’s been over three years, why the hell did you think now was a good time to see me?” I snapped.
“I, I made a mistake” Nathan whispered, shaking his head and letting his eyes meet mine “It’s always me who makes mistakes, it’s always me who ruins everything, but I needed to come here to tell you how sorry I am” he said.
“You’re sorry?” I demanded “Sorry for what?” I hissed.
“I’m sorry for everything, I’m sorry for leaving the way I did, for ending it the way I did, for not trying hard enough, for not being there, for being an idiot, I’m sorry I’m not the man you thought I was, I’m sorry I let three years pass without realising what a complete and utter idiot I was” Nathan breathed.
I felt sick, physically and emotionally, I had always had in the back of my mind the thought of Nathan and I being together again, but I had so much anger built up that I had never imagined he’d be in front of me without me kicking him out instantly.
“If you’re really sorry, you wouldn’t have come here today” I whispered.
“You can’t marry him” Nathan announced, stepping again, he was inches away from me now, close enough to smell the familiar scent of his aftershave.
“Why?” I breathed.
“Because” Nathan breathed “Because, He… you don’t love him, not like you love me” He whispered, his eyes burning into mine.
I breathed out, momentarily frozen, but as I shifted back into reality, I shook my head “I use to love you Nathan, I don’t any more” I breathed “You need to leave” I sighed.
Nathan breathed out “Fine, I, I guess I was wrong to come here, I hope you’re happy with Mark” he said, turning.
“I am” I breathed as he exited the room.
A second later Ashley came in “What was he doing here?” She demanded.
“You don’t know?” I frowned.
“No, this time I wasn’t in on it, one of the hairdressers said they let him in” Ashley sighed.
“He just wanted to congratulate me” I breathed, knowing all to well that Ashley wouldn’t by that reason.
♠ ♠ ♠
Hope you enjoy this chapter,
the next one I MAJOR!!!
Stay tuned!

big drama ahead!!

Simz <3