Status: Active <3

Trouble

Shifts

I sighed as I woke up to the sound of my alarm, sliding from my bed, I slammed my fist on the clock and walked slowly to the bathroom, grabbing a towel along the way.
I was going back to work today and though I was glad to be going back, I was slightly more exhausted than I thought I’d be.
I had a quick shower, wrapping myself in my towel when I was doing and attempting to go to my room, Nathan happened to walk out of his as I walked by “Well, good morning” he smirked.
I rolled my eyes at him “Don’t get any ideas, I have to get to work” I said.
Nathan shrugged, trapping me against the wall “What ideas are you having?” he asked, his lips inches from mine.
I rolled my eyes at him “Nathan” I breathed.
Nathan leant closer, pressing his lips to mine and kissing him lightly before moving away “First day back?” he asked.
I nodded “We can discuss my going back to work when I’m fully clothed if that’s ok” I giggled.
Nathan rolled his eyes, moving aside and taking off into the kitchen.
I changed quickly before going to see Nathan in the kitchen, I smiled as I spotted him plating two plates, both with toast, he turned when he heard me, smiling and handing me a plate “I much prefer what you were wearing before” he announced.
I shook my head at him “You’re a perve” I announced.
“I know” Nathan smirked, turning to make some coffee.
“Are you working today?” I asked.
Nathan nodded “Night shift” he said.
“So why are you up now then?” I asked.
“I woke up early so I thought I could drive you to work” Nathan said.
I frowned slightly at this “You don’t have to do that Nathan” I said slowly.
“I want to” Nathan shrugged, he had made the coffee and came to sit by me on the bench, placing a cup in front of me.
“Mmm, it’s a nice thought, but then how will I get home? You know I hate catching the bus” I said.
“I’ll come get you” Nathan said.
“You’ll be at work” I reminded him.
“I…” Nathan began.
“I can drive, I’m not going to have any trouble” I said.
“Ok” Nathan sighed.
“So you’re starting when?” I asked.
“I start at four” Nathan shrugged.
“It only like, six now, you could have slept all day” I pointed out.
“Mmm, I know, but then I couldn’t have had breakfast with you” Nathan said, shrugging.
I smiled at this, I loved that he could be so sweet.
I leant towards him and kissed him on the cheek lightly.
“What was that for?” Nathan asked.
“Just for you being you” I shrugged, taking one more bite of toast and a sip of coffee before sliding off the chair.
“You’re not going to finish eating?” Nathan questioned.
“I can’t, I’m running late” I sighed.
“Ok, well I’ll see you tomorrow then, I’ll be back at like 2 in the morning” Nathan sighed.
“I’ll see you tomorrow” I said.
“What time are you working?” Nathan asked.
“Um, Seven again, so I might not see you” I sighed.
“Mmm, I’m doing the same as today” Nathan said.
“I guess I’ll see you when I see you then” I shrugged.
Nathan nodded.
I kissed him again on the cheek “Thank you for breakfast, and go get some more sleep” I said before taking off.

I had just finished going through the hospital for my room checks, the day shift was always hard, today was surprisingly easy though, which was good for me, helping me to ease into work.
“Hey, I heard you were back today” James Samson’s voice sounded from behind me.
I smiled and spun around “Mmm, back in business” I said.
“You coping?” James asked.
“Mmm, so far, it’s been a pretty easy day” I shrugged.
“Lucky for you” James said.
“Why, not the same for you?” I asked.
“I had a surgery early this morning, another one just now, I’ve been busy” James shrugged.
“Yet you look calm and collected” I said.
“I’m a doctor, I need to be” James shrugged.
“I know a few doctors who aren’t” I said.
“So do I” James smirked, rolling his eyes and flicking his glance to one of the older doctors, causing me to laugh.
“Anyway, enjoy the rest of your shift, and remember to take it easy” James said before taking off.

When I got home I spotted a note on the bench.
I picked it up and read it slowly.

**I hate shift work, it means I don’t get to see you until who knows when, but I promise when I do, I’ll make it worth the wait. I grabbed you a muffin this morning, it’s on the bench, cinnamon apple, your favourite.
I love you.
Nathan**

I smiled at the message and let out a sigh, I hated this shift work crap too, it meant our schedule’s didn’t line up and we might only see one another on the weekend.
But it was something we had to deal with.
♠ ♠ ♠
Welcome to any new subs :P

Simz <3