Status: Active <3

Trouble

Mistakes

I groaned as I reached the front steps, my head was pounding, I felt like complete crap.
I went to the apartment, pushing open the door and sliding in, I could barely stand.
As I reached the kitchen, I grabbed my water, sculling most of the bottle before reaching for some panadol.
“Big night?” Nathan’s voice snapped me from my own little world, I spun around, my head shaking me.
“I don’t know what happened” I breathed out, holding my head.
“You don’t know what happened?” Nathan demanded.
I shook my head “All I remember is drinking one drink, and then waking up at James’ apartment” I said.
I noticed a flicker of something run through Nathan’s eyes “You woke up at James’ place?” He demanded.
“On the couch, I was on the couch” I breathed “James was in his room and I was on the couch” I added.
“Right” Nathan breathed.
“Nathan” I frowned.
“I’m sorry if I sound judgmental, but you woke up at another guy’s apartment, after being out all night with him” Nathan pointed out.
“How do you know? You don’t remember” Nathan breathed.
“Because I’m not that stupid, I’d never do anything to jeopardise us” I stated.
“You didn’t think that maybe going out last night was a bad idea? Like I tried to tell you it was?” Nathan demanded.
“Yeah, I guess it was a bad idea, but should I lock myself away all the time and never go out just because of what’s wrong with me?” I demanded.
“You shouldn’t have been drinking at all” Nathan breathed.
“Ok” I said slowly “Maybe I was wrong about everything” I added “I was wrong to go out, but the biggest thing I was wrong about, was you, I thought you’d support me, I was so wrong” I breathed.
“Support what? Support the fact that you could have wound up in bed with another guy?” Nathan demanded.
I shook my head, looking directly at Nathan “Do you really think I would do that? Do you honestly believe I’d sleep with James?” I demanded.
“I don’t know what to think” Nathan breathed “I sat up waiting for you, I called you to see if you were ok, the fact that it didn’t even occur to you to call me…” Nathan attempted.
“I did text you” I frowned.
“I never got a text” Nathan said.
“I remember texting you, I hadn’t had a drink yet and it was pretty late, I said I’d stay in the city” I frowned.
“I got no message” Nathan breathed.
Frowning, I turned for the bench, grabbing Nathan’s phone and pressing the on button, there was a message on the screen from yesterday, but the message wasn’t from me.

I’m all for a meet up tonight, usual bar then hotel? X Layla

My heart dropped as I looked to see the message above, sent from Nathan yesterday.

La, interested in meeting tonight? N

“Who is Layla?” I demanded.
Nathan instantly jumped, grabbing the phone from me “Layla, she’s…” he attempted.
“You know what, I don’t even want to know” I breathed, shaking my head “Your insecurity’s were obviously branching from the fact that you yourself were being unfaithful” I hissed.
“No” Nathan frowned “That isn’t…” He attempted.
“Usually a message like that is pretty clear” I snapped.
“No, it isn’t what you think” Nathan said.
“No?” I demanded.
“No, it was late, and I was…” Nathan attempted.
“You where what? Lonely? Do you want me to feel guilty for going out?” I breathed “Did you meet her?” I demanded.
Nathan shook his head “No” He breathed “I wasn’t going to, I, I don’t know what I was thinking, but I promise I never intended on meeting her” Nathan said.
“I don’t believe you” I breathed, I felt tears in my eyes, but forced them away, instead a cloud of anger fogged my words.
“Sim…” Nathan tried again, but I wasn’t having any of it.
I shook my head and stepped back “You need to leave” I breathed.
“Please don’t…” Nathan attempted.
“You were considering cheating on me Nathan” I said, shaking slightly.
“No, I wasn’t considering anything” Nathan said “I was feeling frustrated, I texted her because I wanted to feel like there was someone who would listen to me, who would say yes to me” He breathed.
“That makes no sense” I frowned.
“You wouldn’t even consider staying home” Nathan said.
“I don’t see how…” I began.
“Ever since I met Layla, she’d agree to meet me whenever I texted her, I just, I wanted to feel like someone was there for me, I only texted her because I wanted that response, I would never, ever do anything to hurt you” Nathan said.
“Why do you even still have her contact then?” I demanded.
Nathan grabbed his phone, handing it to me “Clear the whole thing, all I need is your number and I know it by heart anyway” he said.
I frowned “You think this will instantly make me forget?” I asked.
“Sim” Nathan breathed, moving closer to me and grabbing my hands lightly “I don’t need anyone else, I only need you, I was so frustrated last night, and that was because I knew something might happen to you, and I wasn’t there to make sure you were ok” he sighed.
“You can’t constantly be at my side Nathan” I breathed.
“I know that” Nathan sighed.
“How can I trust that you are telling me the truth?” I sighed.
“I have the time stamp on my phone for when I called you, you can see I was at home” Nathan said.
I bit my lip, looking at the phone “I trust you” I said, handing him the phone back, Nathan instantly clicked something and I looked over, he was deleting things and then pulled up the messages, showing me the time stamp, which I trusted.
“I know how stupid I was, and I promise I won’t ever let either one of us be stupid again” Nathan breathed.
I nodded, not knowing where we would go from here.
♠ ♠ ♠
Any thoughts??

Simz <3