Status: Active <3

Trouble

Coffee Date

I bit my lip as I stepped into the café, Nathan was meeting me for coffee, it felt so weird to be meeting him somewhere, it was so different, we never had this ‘dating’ part of the relationship, it kind of scared me a little because it would be so, awkward.
“Hey” Nathan said, as I approached the table he was at, he smiled a small smile and stood up, pulling my chair out for me.
“Thanks” I said shortly as I sat down, Nathan sat across from me, his hands sat on the table and his eyes were on me.
“You look nice” he said.
I smiled weakly “You don’t have to say that” I said.
“Why? It’s the truth, you do, you always do” Nathan breathed.
“Well thanks” I sighed.
“So, how’s your week been?” Nathan asked.
It had been a week since he had come over, it seemed like weeks were going by so quickly, and I wasn’t liking it at all.
“It’s been ok, work has been pretty hectic, I have to train a whole lot of new nurses” I sighed.
“Did more quit?” Nathan asked.
I sighed and nodded “They’re all over the loss of benefits, most of them aren’t in it for the love of it, they want the money, and our hospital just won’t bend their bucks” I sighed.
“So all the pressures on you? Why? You declined the head of nursing role” Nathan said.
“The new head of nursing quit, so I took on her job” I said, shaking my head.
“Sounds like hard work, just like you knew it would be” Nathan reminded me.
I sighed and nodded, “Anyway, how about you, how’s your week been?” I asked.
“It’s been pretty uneventful, just had work to deal with” Nathan shrugged.
“Oh, ok” I said slowly, he was being closed off now, the second I asked about him.
“Sorry” Nathan said, his eyes flickering to mine “I know it seems like I’m being…” he began.
“Distant” I breathed.
“I quit my job” Nathan sighed.
“What?” I frowned.
“I have been thinking about it for a while actually, I haven’t been happy working for management, so I applied for something else” Nathan shrugged.
“How long haven’t you been happy?” I asked curiously.
“A few months” Nathan sighed.
“You never mentioned it” I breathed.
“I thought I’d get over it and be able to stick it out, but lately it’s been draining” Nathan said.
“So what are you going to do now?” I asked.
“I thought about maybe applying for journalism, I have my pre-exams done” Nathan shrugged.
“Really?” I asked.
“Do you think that’s crazy?” Nathan asked.
“No, I think you should do what makes you happy, and if that will make you happy, you should go for it” I said.
Nathan’s eyes sat on mine, he let out a breath and reached over, placing his hand over mine “I’m glad you think so” he said.
“I’d always support your decisions” I promised.
We ordered coffee’s now and continued to talk, I was happy we could do this, that we could overpass the weirdness and hold a decent conversation with one another.
Nathan walked me out after a while, we had spoken for almost three hours, it was a good thing, we still got lost in conversation, in being with one another.
“Thanks for coffee” I said as we walked, the café was close to the apartment, so Nathan offered to walk me home.
“Thanks for having coffee with me” Nathan shrugged.
“You never have to ask me twice when it comes to coffee, you know that” I grinned.
When we reached the apartment, I hesitated “Do you want to come inside? Do you need to get any of your stuff?” I asked, crindging slightly.
“No, I have everything I need” Nathan said.
“Oh, ok” I mumbled.
“I’ll come in though, we can watch a movie” Nathan offered.
I smiled and nodded “That sounds like a good idea” I said, jumping up the first step and walking into the building.
Nathan followed behind me, lagging slightly.
When I pushed open the door, he slid in after me, shutting it.
“So, what movie do you want to watch?” I asked.
“I don’t mind, as long as it’s not…” Nathan began.
I held up ‘the parent trap’ and Nathan groaned, causing me to giggle “Ok, fine, you pick” I said, pointing to the DVD’s.
Nathan slid past me, grabbing a DVD from the cupboard “How about this?” He asked, holding up night at the museum.
“Isn’t that a bit, childish?” I asked.
Nathan shrugged “Hey, it’s better than your choice” he challenged.
I rolled my eyes “Fine, put it on” I said, moving away to the kitchen to make some popcorn.
When it was ready, I went back, Nathan had the movie set up and was sitting on the couch waiting.
I placed the popcorn on the couch and sat down, it was between us, I knew that we needed to keep this distance still, we needed to just ease into this.
“You ready?” Nathan asked.
I nodded, so he started the movie.

“Do you want a drink?” I asked, on screen a chase between the charters in the museum was happening, giving me time to jump up.
“I’ll grab them” Nathan said, he slid off the couch and went to the kitchen.
“Do you want ice-tea?” He asked.
“Ok” I sighed.
I heard him grabbing glasses, ice and the drink and a little while later, he came back with two glasses.
“Thanks” I smiled.
Nathan placed his on the table and turned to me “This isn’t the best movie” he said.
I giggled “No, it isn’t” I said, shaking my head.
“My bad” Nathan said.
“I don’t mind, I like just sitting here with you” I shrugged.
“Let’s put something else on” Nathan said.
I jumped up, turning off the DVD and flickering to How I met your mother, I knew Nathan didn’t mind that.
As I turned I tripped, falling onto Nathan, his hands gripped onto my arms, holding onto me.
My face was inches from his and I was about to move away, until he moved forward.
He was about to kiss me.
But as our lips touched, he flinched, he moved back and pushed me to the side before standing up “I need to leave” he breathed.
“Nate” I breathed.
“No, I, I’m sorry, I can’t do this, I can’t kiss you like everything’s ok, it isn’t, I’m still not ok with it all” Nathan sighed.
I jumped up, grabbing his hand lightly “ok, so we won’t kiss, but…” I began.
“No, I’m going to go, ok” Nathan breathed “I’ll, call you” he sighed.
“Ok” I breathed back, walking him to the door.
♠ ♠ ♠
It's been a while since I've updated...
So,
here's one :)

Simz <3