Status: Active <3

Trouble

Bedroom Action

“How’s he doing?” Ashley asked as we sat down for coffee, Nathan had been in hospital a week, he was getting better by the day and talking wasn’t as painful for him anymore, which was a good thing.
“Fine, he’s getting better, he can talk properly now” I shrugged.
“How are you doing? I haven’t asked” Ashley sighed.
I shrugged, sipping my coffee silently.
“Simona” Ashley frowned.
“I’m, coping” I sighed.
If I was to be completely honest, I was still a little uneasy about everything, but I was beginning to factor in everything, and I was slowly beginning to forgive Nathan, though not completely.
“You know in a week he’ll be home” Ashley reminded me.
“I know, and I’m prepared for that, mildly, I guess” I sighed.
“Will he be out maybe earlier?” Ashley asked.
“Possibly, his recovery has been pretty good, but the operation was a sensitive one, so they like to keep patients in the full two weeks, just in case” I sighed.
“I’m guessing the lack of bedroom action is a key factor here” Ashley announced.
“Ok, how do you go from will Nathan get out earlier, to that?” I demanded.
“I’m thinking aloud about the fact that you are tense” Ashley said.
“I’m not tense” I snapped, frowning.
Ashley rolled her eyes at me and laughed “You are so tense” She breathed.
“Look, I may be a little, edgy, but I’ve got a lot going on…” I attempted.
“And none of that is in the bedroom” Ashley sing songed, grinning.
I shook my head “Why are you so perverted?” I demanded.
“Oh stop being such a prude” Ashley sighed, shaking her head “Tell me honestly, it’s affecting you, right?” She asked.
“I guess it is partly” I said “But that isn’t what we’re discussing, I don’t know why you turn everything into a discussion about sex” I frowned.
Just as I said it, a mother and her small son walked by, she shot me a frown as she ushered her son along, which caused Ashley to burst out laughing.
“Real adult” I muttered, shaking my head.
“Nathan’s got a private room” Ashley reminded me.
I frowned again, seems like she was making me do that a lot “Nathan and I have a lot of things we need to work out” I breathed.
“Usually things work out once the tension subsides” Ashley shrugged, winking.
“I get that you are trying to be helpful, but stop” I muttered, picking up my coffee and taking a big sip.
“Mmm, using coffee as a clear replacement, how much have you been drinking lately?” Ashley asked.
“I haven’t been using coffee as a replacement, check my liquor cabinet” I breathed.
“You’re drinking?” Ashley frowned.
“So?” I demanded.
“Without me?” Ashley demanded.
I rolled my eyes at my friend and pushed my chair out “I’ve got to run” I said.
“Already?” Ashley asked.
“Mmm, we’ve been talking for almost two hours Ash” I reminded her, we had begun our coffee with mindless chat, to then end with this ‘refreshing’ topic.
“Ok, well I’ll come with, where are you going?” Ashley asked, jumping up and following me out.
“I was just going to go home” I shrugged.
“Not to the hospital?” Ashley asked.
“No, I wasn’t planning on going to see Nate today” I said.
“Why not?” Ashley demanded.
I sighed shaking my head and walking ahead “Do I have to explain everything to you?” I demanded.
“Yes” Ashley shrugged.
“I’ve seen him almost every day, because I’ve been working, so I just need this time without seeing him” I sighed.
“I don’t get it” Ashley breathed.
“What’s not to get Ash? Nathan kept something important from me, I’m still getting over that, I do need some time without him, to think” I sighed.
“I guess that’s fair, but does he know you’re not going to see him today?” Ashley asked.
“Nathan knows I’m not working today, and he knows that there is no need for me to go into the hospital” I shrugged.
“That isn’t what I asked” Ashley sighed.
“I told him that I might go, I made it clear that I wouldn’t be definitely going” I shrugged.
“So you made it clear that you were unclear as to whether or not you’d be going to see him?” Ashley demanded.
“The way you said it makes it seem complicated” I breathed.
“Right, because it’s how I said it” Ashley said, rolling her eyes.
“Did you drive?” I asked.
“Yes” Ashley shrugged.
“Good, go” I breathed.
Ashley shook her head at me “You’re mean when you’ve been deprived of…” She began.
I cut her off with a frown, causing her to laugh “Do you want a lift?” She asked.
“No, I don’t mind the walk” I shrugged.
“Are you sure?” Ashley asked.
“I’m sure” I shrugged as we reached Ashley’s car now, she shrugged and slid in, waving to me as she took off.

I took the short walk home, all the while thinking, working through everything in my mind.
I had to really think through how I felt about things, as I had been putting it off, I now knew that I was going to be able to forgive Nathan, to let him back in, the hard part would be falling back into how things were before, because I knew that would be more complicated than it seemed.
♠ ♠ ♠
As this was a shortish update,
I may update again later :P

Simz <3