Status: Active <3

Trouble

Money Money Money

I sighed sleepily as I slid from my bed early in the morning, I had a morning shift, starting at six am, so I was beyond happy to be having to wake up.
I quickly changed, pulling on my uniform and pulling my hair up into a pony tail before sliding from the room.
I walked into the kitchen and practically jumped when I spotted Nathan at the bench, not taking it in right in that moment that it was him awake at five in the morning.
“What are you doing up?” I asked, sliding aside to the sink.
“Couldn’t sleep, you made me sleep in my own bed” Nathan pouted.
I rolled my eyes “I was trying to be sure that you’d get sleep since I would have probably woken you when I got up” I said.
“And look how that worked out” Nathan challenged.
I rolled my eyes and grabbed the coffee pot “Well you have all day to sleep” I reminded him.
“I have stuff to do” Nathan said.
“Like what?” I asked, raising an eyebrow as I pulled some bread from the tin and placed it in the toaster.
“I’m going to look for a job” Nathan shrugged.
“You know you don’t have to rush into finding something right now, you’re still recovering” I reminded him.
“I need to get productive” Nathan sighed “I can’t just sit around here all day and live off things you buy, I can’t be totally dependent on you, that isn’t how it should be, you should be able to depend on me” he breathed.
“Nate” I said softly, my eyes focusing on his “Don’t rush into finding a job just because you think of yourself as a burden on me” I breathed.
“I am” Nathan mumbled.
I shook my head “No, no you’re not” I breathed.
“I feel like I am, I feel like everything is on your shoulders, I know I was barley paying rent before, but now I’m not paying anything and…” Nathan began.
“I don’t care about the money Nate” I announced “It isn’t an issue” I added.
“You’re on a nurse’s salary, how long can that be enough?” Nathan frowned.
“Does it matter? I want to be sure that you’re ok, that you’re better, and if you jump right into working, it could hurt you more than ever” I breathed.
“Why are you being so flippant about money?” Nathan demanded.
“I’m not being flippant, I just, I don’t worry about money like other people do, I know how to manage it, you don’t have to worry” I said.
“Right, I don’t have to worry that I’m living in my girlfriend’s apartment, living off my girlfriend’s money” Nathan muttered.
I sighed “I don’t know what you expect me to say” I sighed.
“I don’t expect you to say anything, I just, I don’t know” Nathan breathed, shaking his head and sliding from the bench “Maybe it was a mistake, me moving back in here, maybe I should go to my parents…” Nathan began.
“What are you talking about” I frowned, I was frustrated that he was doing this right now, it was a discussion I didn’t want to be having at all, let alone at five in the morning.
“I don’t like that it’s you the one supporting me” Nathan said.
I sighed “Where is all of this coming from?” I asked.
He hadn’t mentioned any of this at all since he’d been back, since we had been back properly, and it bothered me to think that he had had these thoughts in his mind the entire time.
“This past week has been great, it’s, it’s been perfect and I just, last night I started to think about things, about money and about, about living here free and…” Nathan began.
“Hey, we can work out some other payment option” I said, I smiled, trying to lighten his mood.
“I get that you’re trying to make me feel better…” Nathan attempted.
“No, I’m trying to stop you from taking garbage, Nate, seriously, just, don’t stress, we can talk when I get home later, I have a shorter shift today, I finish at twelve thirty, I’ll see you then” I said.
“Ok” Nathan sighed.
“Try and get some more sleep” I said, packing my breakfast to go and kissing him on the cheek lightly as I grabbed my phone.
Nathan nodded “I will” he said “Have a good day” He added.

I finished work at twelve thirty, as I walked into the break room to sign out, I sighed, bumping into Ryan.
“Hi” Ryan said softly.
“Hi” I breathed, I hadn’t seen Ryan since the day at the hospital when I found out Nathan was sick.
“How’s Nathan?” Ryan asked.
“He’s ok, getting better actually” I shrugged.
“That’s good, and how are you?” Ryan questioned.
I smiled a small smile, he was the first person to ask me how I was, after everything that happened, I struggled to check back emotionally into normality, I was still harbouring slight pain from it all.
“I’m fine” I shrugged.
“Really?” Ryan asked.
“I’m, I’m coping” I sighed.
“His recovery is going well though isn’t it?” Ryan questioned.
I nodded “his health isn’t the reason I’m on the fence” I said, shaking my head “But it isn’t your problem” I breathed.
“You can talk to me you know, I know things got weird, but I promise not to cross that line again” Ryan offered, smiling a small smile.
“Honestly Ry, it’s fine, I’m fine” I sighed.
Ryan placed a hand on my arm “Fine isn’t good” he reminded me.
I smiled weakly “I’m just a little emotionally drained” I shrugged.
“Let’s go grab lunch in the break room” Ryan offered.
I was about to nod when I spotted someone in the distance, watching us, I looked closer and frowned when I realised who it was.
“Sorry, I think that I have a visitor” I breathed “Rain check?” I asked.
Ryan nodded, “Sure thing” he said, taking off.
I shook my head at the person who now neared me “What are you doing here Nate?” I asked, he didn’t look happy.

TBC
♠ ♠ ♠
UPDATE :P
Sorry for the wait guys!!!

Ps. Will update again in an hour if I get a comment in that time &lt;3

&lt;3 Simz &lt;3