Status: Active <3

Trouble

Food Poisoning…

I closed my eyes tightly as sun seeped into the room through the slightly opened curtains, I had the day off today, so I wanted some extra sleep, turning to the side to avoid the light, I was met with Nathan’s green eyes.
“Hi” he smiled.
“Morning” I breathed.
“It’s eleven” Nathan announced.
This caused me to sit bolt up right “Eleven?!” I demanded.
Nathan nodded.
“And we slept in?” I asked.
“You did” Nathan shrugged “I’ve been up for a while, I even got some work in, I just came back to have nap now” he added.
I frowned, my head still felt foggy, I still felt sleepy, how is it that I slept for so long.
“I still feel tiered” I breathed.
“You do?” Nathan asked “You’ve been sleeping for a long time” he added.
“I know” I said, shaking my head.
“Maybe you’re coming down with something” Nathan offered “I’ll make you something to eat” he said.
“Mmm” I mumbled.
Nathan attempted to slid away, but I held onto him, causing him to chuckle lightly “I have to get out of the bed to make you something” he said.
“Maybe in a minute” I said.
Nathan kissed me on top of the head “You feel clammy” he said.
“I feel weird” I mumbled “My stomach is spinning” I mumbled, suddenly a violent pang hit me in my stomach, I cringed, pulling away from Nathan and sliding from the bed quickly, running to the bathroom to throw up.
I washed my face and rinsed my mouth out, getting the bitter taste out, before going back to the bed and sitting on the edge.
“Maybe you have food poisoning?” Nathan offered.
“We ate the same thing yesterday” I frowned “I might just have a bug, if so, you need to keep away, you can’t get sick at the moment” I said.
“I’ll keep away, I’ll just make you something to eat” Nathan offered.
“Ok” I sighed.
Nathan took off, coming back a little while later with some toast, he handed it to me and smiled “I’ll be out in the kitchen if you need me” he said.
“Ok, thanks” I sighed as he left.
I racked my brain, thinking about the way I was feeling, it was weird, I had never had this feeling before, the swirling of my stomach, spinning of my head and the tiredness.
I pushed the thoughts away, not wanting to think about them any longer and tried to get some more sleep for the time being.

I woke up in a fight as a sharp pain ripped through my stomach, it was a pain that left me crippled, a pain that ripped through me everywhere.
I called out for Nathan, who was in the room in an instant.
“What’s wrong?” he asked, noting the expression on my face.
I breathed out shakily, almost unable to speak “It hurts” I gasped, holding my stomach.
Nathan helped me from the bed “Let’s go to the hospital” he said, pulling me “It could be something serious” he said, he practically carried me to the car and drove as quickly as he could to the hospital, this was the worst food poisoning ever if it was so.
When we got to emergency they noted my condition and rushed me in to see a doctor, telling us he’d be in shortly.
“Ok, room eleven” I heard a familiar voice sound, frowning as Ryan entered the room.
“Sim” He breathed.
Nathan tensed beside me, but said nothing.
“Ok, uh, tell me the symptoms you’re having” Ryan breathed.
“I have a pain in my stomach, and I vomited, and am dizzy” I breathed.
“OK, well it could be appendicitis, is the pain on the side?” Ryan asked.
I shook my head, pointing to the pain.
Ryan frowned “And when was the last period you had?” he asked.
“Uh, I, don’t, I don’t know” I frowned.
“Ok, I’m going to give you something for the pain and we can organise a blood test” Ryan said, he grabbed pain killers from his pocket and handed them to me “I’ll be back” he said, taking off.
I took the pain killers, closing my eyes for a second as I swallowed them.
“Do you have any idea what it could be?” Nathan asked.
I sighed “No” I shrugged.
Ryan came back to do the blood test, telling us he’d fast track the results, all we had to do, was wait, and thankfully the pain was subsiding, so I didn’t have such a issue at the moment.
Nathan sat with me on the bed and for a while we talked mindlessly, just to distract ourselves, when Ryan came back, he sighed “I have the results” he said.
“Ok” I breathed, sitting up.
“You’re pregnant” Ryan said, and I swear a hurt look crossed his eyes as he said it “We have to organise an ultrasound, a nurse will be in soon” he added.
“Pregnant?” I demanded “But, why am I in so much pain?” I asked.
“Often early pregnancy can cause this type of pain if the pregnancy is at risk” Ryan explained.
Nathan was quiet as Ryan spoke, and when he left, he was still silent.
“Nate” I breathed.
Nathan didn’t respond.
“Nathan” I mumbled “Please, react” I breathed.
“React?” Nathan asked “I don’t know how to react” he sighed.
“Yell, scream, cry, Nate, do something” I breathed.
“This isn’t something that makes me feel upset, or angry” Nathan shrugged.
“Isn’t it?” I asked.
“No” Nathan said “Is that bad that I don’t feel like this is necessarily a bad thing?” he questioned.
“How is this not a bad thing? We just got back on track” I breathed.
“I know, but it’s not like we’re in a rocky relationship right now, we’re stable, now that I’m working again, money wise we’re ok, what’s the problem?” Nathan asked.
I frowned and shook my head “What’s the problem?” I demanded, closing my eyes for a second “We’re not ready” I breathed as I flickered them open again “Fair enough, we’re stable, we’re good on paper, but Nate, a baby is a baby” I sighed.
“And we have time to talk about all of this, so let’s just calm down for now” Nathan said, sighing.