Status: Active <3

Trouble

Distractions

I sighed sleepily as I left the apartment early, Ashley and I had a breakfast meeting before work, that’s her wording, not mine, for some reason she wanted to sound professional, so she used meeting.
I reached the café on time, and as usual Ash was early.
“Hey” She said as I approached “Just ordered my fist coffee” She said.
“Lucky you” I breathed, though I knew I could have a maximum of 1 coffee a day, I had stopped drinking it as It was making me sick.
“Still sickly when you drink it” Ashley asked.
I nodded.
“Well, I’ve got some good news to get your mind off it” Ashley smiled.
“What is it?” I asked.
“Wedding details for next week” Ashley said.
“I almost forgot” I sighed.
“My maid of honour almost forgot about my wedding?” Ashley asked, she smiled, and I knew she was putting me on, Ash knew I was stressed, and not thinking about much else but myself at the moment, and I was glad that she didn’t mind.
“So what are the details?” I asked.
“Well you’ll have to be at the hotel by 10, we’re going to have two hours for getting ready and then the church will begin at 12” Ashley explained.
“I know all of this” I reminded her.
“I thought you’d appreciate the reminder” Ashley said.
“Mmm, I think that it’s just an excuse for this breakfast” I said.
“Exactly, you know me” Ashley smiled.
“Are you jittery?” I asked.
“Beyond, I’m in like another world, I’m getting married in a week” Ashley breathed.
“So I can safely assume you’re excited” I grinned.
“So so excited” Ashley smiled.
“I’m glad” I smiled.
“How are you going?” Ashley asked.
“I’m fine” I shrugged.
“Really?” Ashley questioned.
“Yes, really, besides, this isn’t about me now is it?” I asked.
“Sim…” Ashley attempted.
“I said I’m fine, Ash, honestly” I mumbled.
“You’re not fine” Ashley sighed.
“I don’t want to talk to you about it, that’s what the counselling sessions are for” I breathed.
“I’m your best friend, you’re suppose to talk to me” Ashley pointed out.
“Let’s just talk about good things, like you, and you’re wedding” I sighed “I don’t want to bring the mood down” I added.
“You’re feelings are important Sim, I want to make sure you’re happy, that you’re doing ok” Ashley sighed.
“I’m coping, that’s all that needs to be said” I shrugged.
“You really need to be honest…” Ashley attempted.
“Stop” I breathed “I don’t need this from you Ashley, I just need to not talk about how I’m feeling, or this baby, or anything to do with me” I breathed.
“Ok” Ashley sighed “Then lets discuss hair and make-up” She said.
The next half an hour was spent talking about how we were getting made up for the wedding, and I was glad for it, I was done talking about myself and the baby, I needed distractions.

As I reached the apartment, I unlocked the door, sliding in and shutting it again.
My day had been tiering, from my breakfast with Ashley, to work, I was just exhausted.
I went into the kitchen, grabbing a water and drinking it slowly.
“hey, you’re home” Nathan’s voice sounded, causing me to place the bottle down and look toward him “Mmm, hey” I breathed.
“How was work?” Nathan asked.
“It was ok, just tiering” I sighed.
“And breakfast?” Nathan questioned.
“Fine” I shrugged.
Nathan let out a breath, but didn’t say anything.
“What?” I demanded, frustration running through me.
“What do you mean what?” Nathan asked.
“You had a look on your face” I breathed.
Nathan sighed “It’s nothing” he shrugged.
“Nothing, right” I sighed, shaking my head.
“Fine” Nathan said “You’re answers frustrated me” he shrugged.
“Why?” I frowned.
“Because they were just, they were forced, you don’t tell me anything anymore” Nathan breathed.
“I don’t know what you’re talking about” I mumbled.
“You know exactly what I’m taking about” Nathan sighed “Since, since the baby, since you started therapy, you never want to talk to me” he breathed.
“Maybe I’m sick of talking” I sighed “Nate, all I do these day’s is talk, I don’t want to talk” I breathed.
“What do you want then?” Nathan asked.
I bit my lip, moving across to be closer to him, I placed my hands on his shoulders and leant up, pressing my lips to his.
Nathan was hesitant to kiss me back at first, but slowly his lips began to move, his hands slid to my waist, holding onto me.
I moved him slightly, turning us so my back was against the bench.
Nathan stopped now, his forehead pressed to mine, he let out a sigh “We can’t just pretend like everything is ok” he breathed.
“Humour me for an hour” I mumbled.
“Babe” Nathan sighed.
“Nate” I groaned, my eyes flickering to his “We need this” I breathed, one of my hands reaching out to touch his cheek lightly, feeling the softness of stubble.
Nathan let out a sigh, his eyes not leaving mine for a second “I love you” he breathed “I haven’t said it lately” he added.
“I love you too” I said softly.
With that, Nathan pressed his lips to mine again, he lifted me slightly, helping me up onto the bench and continued kissing me, his hands sliding from my waist down, resting on my thighs.
I moved my legs, wrapping them around him, causing him to pull me from the bench, moving us towards the couch.
He sat us down, holding me on top of him as we kissed.
I moved my hands, unclasping the belt on his pants, still kissing him.
♠ ♠ ♠
<3